News Forum - Facebook plans a name change and rebrand to a metaverse.

Thaiger

A thorn by any other name… Facebook, the social media app that seems to bring the world together and tear it apart simultaneously, is planning a rebranding, according to a report by the Verge. The plan is to rebrand and expand to a metaverse where users interact in Facebook virtually. Facebook stated that they do not release official statements regarding rumours or speculation, though the Verge cited sources with direct knowledge of the plans. The move comes as the Website Formerly Known as Facebook aims to rebrand itself from beyond a static site and app of scrolling through text, pictures […]

The story Facebook plans a name change and rebrand to a metaverse. as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Rebrand Facebook? Don’t be crazy. The brand value of a company like Facebook is worth hundreds of millions if not billions. Play around with that at your peril.  

I think a better idea would just be to close it all down and don’t bother. World would be a far better place. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

49 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

What's Facebook....🤣

It's a social networking site that lets you know what somebody has had for their breakfast and 9 times out of 10 you don't even know this person.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

56 minutes ago, Soidog said:

a better idea would just be to close it all down and don’t bother. World would be a far better place. 

I concur.  A re-branding might just kill it anyway. 

Imagine if Coca-Cola tried to rebrand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Rebrand Facebook? Don’t be crazy. The brand value of a company like Facebook is worth hundreds of millions if not billions. Play around with that at your peril.  

I think a better idea would just be to close it all down and don’t bother. World would be a far better place. 

Absolutely agree - it is a toxic cancer within modern society for too many reasons to list here !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

It's a social networking site that lets you know what somebody has had for their breakfast and 9 times out of 10 you don't even know this person.

But what did they have ? 🤔

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Zuck is trying to throw the bone to SEC, DOJ... i think he feels the heat

Apparently he has been taken to court again by a whistleblower. Agreed Alex ... Zuck is truly feeling the heat.

• Thanks 1

It has a feature where it lets everyone know when it's your birthday and on the most miserable day of the year you get countless amounts of greetings from 'friends' you may not have seen for 50 years. Before the internet was invented I never received any cards for my birthday and Christmas, so the way I see it...it is a cop out for people who just cannot be bothered to put a 10p stamp on an envelope and travel 50yds and post the damn card.

So I have been pro-active and removed my birthday details from F/B, and now I don't get all this nonsense of "don't get too drunk," it is my birthday and I will get as drunk as I blinking well like, it helps me forget what a total waste of time it all is. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the company is tight-lipped, not letting sleep any details of what is planned

It sent me to sleep ... I hardly understood a word ...

1 hour ago, KaptainRob said:

I concur.  A re-branding might just kill it anyway. 

Imagine if Coca-Cola tried to rebrand.

Exactly. Clearly they are missing a quality marketing team if they think you can play around with brand value. It could be that with recent events of a number of high profile bullying incidents and the recent testimony of the whistle blower to congress, they feel the brand is at a low point. If you intend to rebrand then now may not be such a bad time? A bit like the COE to Thailand Pass rebranding 🤫

43 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Zuck is trying to throw the bone to SEC, DOJ... i think he feels the heat

He should go to prison for his haircut alone - all that money and still uses a bowl !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

the company is tight-lipped, not letting sleep any details of what is planned

It sent me to sleep ... I hardly understood a word ...

Cheers Stonker and will get the word corrected.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

It has a feature where it lets everyone know when it's your birthday and on the most miserable day of the year you get countless amounts of greetings from 'friends' you may not have seen for 50 years. Before the internet was invented I never received any cards for my birthday and Christmas, so the way I see it...it is a cop out for people who just cannot be bothered to put a 10p stamp on an envelope and travel 50yds and post the damn card.

So I have been pro-active and removed my birthday details from F/B, and now I don't get all this nonsense of "don't get too drunk," it is my birthday and I will get as drunk as I blinking well like, it helps me forget what a total waste of time it all is. 

I'm sensing you're the glass half empty type ? 🤣

(10p for a stamp ? Is there still a war on where you are - lol)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

Absolutely agree - it is a toxic cancer within modern society for too many reasons to list here !

Yes it feels that way. It was a massive jump in communication technology that simply gave no time for any social norms and behaviours to be established. It became a Wild West of broadcast media. I feel sorry for many teenagers who’s lives have been utterly spoiled and even lost as a result of platforms like Facebook, Instagram etc. There is a sense of us arriving at a tipping point soon?….

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes it feels that way. It was a massive jump in communication technology that simply gave no time for any social norms and behaviours to be established. It became a Wild West of broadcast media. I feel sorry for many teenagers who’s lives have been utterly spoiled and even lost as a result of platforms like Facebook, Instagram etc. There is a sense of us arriving at a tipping point soon?….

Governments seem overwhelmed by their power and size, and they've reached a state of untouchable due to the perceived public outcry of nanny stateism.

But how many other businesses would be allowed to openly provide a platform for terrorism, murders, extortion, endless scams, rampant bullying, suicide encouragement, and turning whole generations into brain dead facebook obsessed morons - whilst facilitating perfection goals that 99.9% of youngsters cannot hope to achieve and the mental issues that presents (with costs). Its a horrible horrible company and I would love the day it's bought down - but it's now too late. FB will bleat they're onto it, kick it into the long grass for a few months until the next suicide happens, whilst in the meantime collected another few billion in irrelevant adverts.

• Like 4