News Forum - Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't understand how any of that is relevant

How is any of that different covid requirements or not?

I am not retired

We will set a time to go when it is convenient to both of our work schedules

EDIT....I don't mean any of that to be flippant, or come off that way

Marc I understand - but you kind of black and white told someone to stop whining and choose go or not go - I was merely pointing out that's not an easy decision for many with serious repercussions hanging on the decisions made by the goons in charge who I wouldn't put in charge of my shoelaces! It's not that easy, some people have limited choices and need some of this shit nailed down.

Pre/post covid you would be spot on, sadly for a lot of people, that's not now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I would say a huge %, given that is 45usd and 135usd/nt

Believe or not, a lot of tourist can afford more than 500baht/nt for a hotel  .......

Sure they can. But why would you do that. If you are a genuine tourist with two weeks holiday and your are looking for Sun, sand and entertainment. Why put yourself through all the hassle and being chaperoned in a Covid minibus (limo style) to a hotel?  I just do not understand the rush and I don’t think many tourists do either. What’s on offer in Thailand isn’t Thailand during November and December. I’d save my money and see what March or even April brings.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Soidog said:

Sure they can. But why would you do that. If you are a genuine tourist with two weeks holiday and your are looking for Sun, sand and entertainment. Why put yourself through all the hassle and being chaperoned in a Covid minibus (limo style) to a hotel?  I just do not understand the rush and I don’t think many tourists do either. What’s on offer in Thailand isn’t Thailand during November and December. I’d save my money and see what March or even April brings.  

My reply was the guy asking how many tourists take TAT limos and stay in 4500/nt hotels

Neither is that much, there are a huge % that spend that

At least that is what i thought he was saying 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't understand how any of that is relevant

How is any of that different covid requirements or not?

I am not retired

We will set a time to go when it is convenient to both of our work schedules

EDIT....I don't mean any of that to be flippant, or come off that way

I understand both Benroon's and Marc26's comments.

The difficulty in getting valid information is difficult, but you need to make a decision using the information that you are able to acquire. Once you have that information a decision is to be made.

I am desperate to travel to Thailand to be with my partner but cannot do so until there is sufficient stability and predictability in the process of getting into Thailand and also getting home as I have work and life commitments here also.

So I will make my decision based on my own requirements which is to not travel until I am comfortable with the information at hand. No winging or whining just a rational decision based on the state of affairs in two countries at the present time.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

Marc I understand - but you kind of black and white told someone to stop whining and choose go or not go - I was merely pointing out that's not an easy decision for many with serious repercussions hanging on the decisions made by the goons in charge who I wouldn't put in charge of my shoelaces! It's not that easy, some people have limited choices and need some of this shit nailed down.

Pre/post covid you would be spot on, sadly for a lot of people, that's not now

I honestly still don't see all that much of a difference 

If someone wants to go, they can go

Sure there is hoops to go through, but we are still in a pandemic, I think people seem to forget that 

I just don't understand the vitriol in all of this, sorry.

If it is pertinent that a person gets to Thailand for family concerns, there is an avenue that really doesn't seem all that bad if your trip is really important. 

If it's just a holiday, I will never understand the whining and moaning

It's like people feel they are entitled to the holiday they want, and nothing else matters

Go somewhere else that suits you

Here is an example 

The guy who works for me has 3 young boys and they ski a lot. Mostly driving down to the US to Mount Baker 

They can't go right now because you need to be vaccinated and the 2 younger ones can't yet.

He's not cursing and bashing the US or their rules.

They will just go somewhere else until they can meet the requirements or they are eased

I just don't get this anger 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Sure there is hoops to go through, but we are still in a pandemic, I think people seem to forget that 

If it is pertinent that a person gets to Thailand for family concerns, there is an avenue that really doesn't seem all that bad if your trip is really important. 

It's like people feel they are entitled to the holiday they want, and nothing else matters

Here is an example 

The guy who works for me has 3 young boys and they ski a lot. Mostly driving down to the US to Mount Baker 

They can't go right now because you need to be vaccinated and the 2 younger ones can't yet.

They will just go somewhere else until they can meet the requirements or they are eased

What anger? 

However I think I’ll give up trying now - you’re determined to not see the bigger picture, 

30 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

These forums do attract a lot of people who like to constantly complain and Thaibash.

They work themselves up into a frenzy with each other and it alters their perception of reality.

It is always a glass half empty even if the glass is full. It is the way they are wired. 

You can't reason with them. It just confuses them.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Tim said:

I don't get it, is this really happening after all? will they really re-open without restrictions? what should I do, I have my holidays confirmed with my employer, the full month of November, what should I do ? wait for the last minute to buy my plane ticket ? and if they flip flop their mind again, it will be too late to buy a holiday package to another destination... I don't know what to do...

Keep calling your consulate every couple of days; make sure everything you buy is refundable or can easily be rebooked (that includes the hotel and the Covid insurance); the Thailand Pass site is not up yet, give it till October 25 and then apply for a COE otherwise.

Yes, it's a mess and an inexcusable one at that.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Here is an example 

So if your in a Pandemic why Travel to that Country if its a Risk Marc26

• Like 1

21 hours ago, longwood50 said:

I doubt seriously if there will be a stampede heading to Thailand. 

I think your wrong ….. as not to many posts of bar girls asking for money fore their sick buffaloes …. May just get a stampede after all!

15 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Sooooo.....

Everyone is prepared? Check

Tickets are sold? Check

Hotels booked? Check

Perfect! Let's lockdown again or at least put enough measures so that no one can move anywhere. 

Although there was a "lockdown"movement has not been an issue. The thia gov lockdown definiton is a lot different to the one back home in Melbourne last year.    

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Benroon said:

What anger? 

However I think I’ll give up trying now - you’re determined to not see the bigger picture, 

What anger? Ummmmm, in every single thread basically on this forum..........

It is just constant whining and moaning, bashing Thailand

Funny enough, there has been threads on here where guys have done the process and they get very little response

It is a pandemic, it's a unique time to travel but can be done, but no, people on here just want to whine and moan................as they always do about Thailand

I know about 10 Thais personally that have travelled back to Thailand during all this, most doing the 14 day quarantine

Not a peep out of them, they just did it..................

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

What anger? 

I get it Ben, I'm not going to harp on the moaning, which I don't think your posts are at all

I think you have some pretty rationale and informative posts

I guess everyone wants to get back to Thailand, I am looking forward to it myself, for sure...........

I am one of the long term travellers but like many others are holding back as it is not sure if Thailand is opening up on the 1st November, and the Thai Embassy in London has not updated its website regarding the type of visa I can get so I am not going to bother now, I will wait a few months until they have got their act together. 

Question, can any of you apply for the special tourist visa which is for 90 days on your country's Thai embassy website as you can not apply for it on the London website as it says it is no longer available?

But it was supposed to have been extended past September I remember reading?

Ps, I am not moaning but it is the best thing to do for myself at the moment, wait until things are clearer as I don't want to get stuck in Thailand due to closed airports and travel restrictions as happened to me last year after I arrived in January 20202. 

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I get it Ben, I'm not going to harp on the moaning, which I don't think your posts are at all

I think you have some pretty rationale and informative posts

I guess everyone wants to get back to Thailand, I am looking forward to it myself, for sure...........

We'll have a beer to that 🍻

25 minutes ago, markhub said:

Does anyone know what hotels near Suvarnabhumi are SHA+ certified yet, and if the cost of the arrival PCR test will be included in the hotel price?

To fresh to have an answer to that. There are quarantine hotels in BKK, and probably also around the airport, but as if those new rules are just posted today I guess the first answers on your question (maube even on the hotel website) will be for after the week-end

• Like 1

Just now, markhub said:

Yeah that was my thinking too, but thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Alavan said:

To fresh to have an answer to that. There are quarantine hotels in BKK, and probably also around the airport, but as if those new rules are just posted today I guess the first answers on your question (maube even on the hotel website) will be for after the week-end

Yeah that was my thinking too, but thanks anyway.

On 10/21/2021 at 10:05 AM, RobMuir said:

These forums do attract a lot of people who like to constantly complain and Thaibash.

They work themselves up into a frenzy with each other and it alters their perception of reality.

It is always a glass half empty even if the glass is full. It is the way they are wired. 

You can't reason with them. It just confuses them.

Welcome to the forum

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2021 at 8:09 AM, Marc26 said:

My reply was the guy asking how many tourists take TAT limos and stay in 4500/nt hotels

Neither is that much, there are a huge % that spend that

At least that is what i thought he was saying 

That is the kind of tourist Thailand wants to attract