News Forum - Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers

Thaiger

1 minute ago, satpete said:

you really believe in test results after 24 hours ?   you may stay 2 or 3 days in a nice expensive hotel,

maybe more swabs and quarantine prison on the horizon, always traced by app,

happy holidays

Exactly. What if the test result is delayed or ambiguous...
more nights more tests. And of course, if positive, straight to hospital.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

So don't go

It's so weird someone would be bothered by this

You either go or don't........

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

You have to spend one night at a quarantine hotel take one test if negative you can foxtrot oscar

They are going to love my 160kg of luggage for 1 nights stay in the shittiest hotel I can find - hope its a big taxi !

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So don't go

I'll go in any case, I have a family here. But as a tourist I wouldn't, weird not to be bothered by all the hoops.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

If you've got a clear PCR before boarding - and covid allegedly takes 2-3 days to show up - I don't think that's technically possible - thus the sheer futility of the PCR test at the airport. (Still at 6,000 baht I'm sure its highly necessary 🤔)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

So don't go

If only life was that simple 

family reasons ? visa reasons ? work reasons ? that girl who is different from all the others reasons ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tim said:

I don't get it, is this really happening after all? will they really re-open without restrictions? what should I do, I have my holidays confirmed with my employer, the full month of November, what should I do ? wait for the last minute to buy my plane ticket ? and if they flip flop their mind again, it will be too late to buy a holiday package to another destination... I don't know what to do...

The safest might be to start in Phuket and try to do the sandbox. That is the only thing that is official so far. If you need to do it now, that is what I would do. You might lose money Covid tests, which must prepay, if they change the rules and they are no longer necessary. Also, be careful about making reservations that can be refunded.

The only thing that seems to be sure right now is that the Phuket sandbox is the way that people get in without longer and more restrictive quarantine in BKK.

I have heard though, that some embassies have stopped issuing COEs. Other embassies are just offering full on quarantine. You are kind of stuck. Talk to your embassy, maybe they can help you figure it out.

18 minutes ago, Benroon said:

If only life was that simple 

family reasons ? visa reasons ? work reasons ? that girl who is different from all the others reasons ?

It really is that simple

My wife and I have now dealt with entering 3 countries during covid

Each time, we understood the requirements and made the choice/decision to go

We will be doing Thailand in April/May

We will do whatever we need to because we want to see family

If it was just as tourists, we may likely give a pass, head somewhere else.......

That's it, no whining, no moaning...............just making simple choices

• Like 1

Morocco has just banned flights between the U.K. due to rising Covid cases. I wonder how long it will be before others follow? Complete nonsense but I can see why if you have no idea about why the numbers are high then I guess it’s a logical step. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

I'll go in any case, I have a family here. But as a tourist I wouldn't, weird not to be bothered by all the hoops.

Same here

I guess we are fortunate in that the consulate here in Vancouver is tiny, we just walk up for any service

Sounds like guys at bigger places like Los Angeles, etc have a bit more difficulty communicating at emabssies

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

It really is that simple

My wife and I have now dealt with entering 3 countries during covid

Each time, we understood the requirements and made the choice/decision to go

We will be doing Thailand in April/May

We will do whatever we need to because we want to see family

If it was just as tourists, we may likely give a pass, head somewhere else.......

That's it, no whining, no moaning...............just making simple choices

well you've dealt with one of them (having said that, you got kids in school ?) ...

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Morocco has just banned flights between the U.K. due to rising Covid cases. I wonder how long it will be before others follow? Complete nonsense but I can see why if you have no idea about why the numbers are high then I guess it’s a logical step. 

For sure that is going to catch on - the news today reported the figures in the UK are the worst for 7 months !

• Like 1

it does not depend on numbers of infections of a country,

here in Germany we have more than 17.000 at 80 millions people, but about 70% fully vaccinated,

infections most at kids and no vaccinateds, third booster shot is normal for older than 70,
hospitals are not crowded by covid patients, good health service and insurance for all people,
there are infections at vaccinated older ones of 80s or little younger, but most not dangerous

so travellers after a negative pcr-test are not a problem to any country

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Benroon said:

well you've dealt with one of them (having said that, you got kids in school ?) ...

Sorry I don't understand the reply

43 minutes ago, satpete said:

it does not depend on numbers of infections of a country,

here in Germany we have more than 17.000 at 80 millions people, but about 70% fully vaccinated,

infections most at kids and no vaccinateds, third booster shot is normal for older than 70,
hospitals are not crowded by covid patients, good health service and insurance for all people,
there are infections at vaccinated older ones of 80s or little younger, but most not dangerous

so travellers after a negative pcr-test are not a problem to any country

Yes similar story in the U.K.  most cases are 10-20 age group and hence largely unvaccinated. Also testing 800,000-1,000,000 a day. No wonder they are finding 50,000 a day! 

• Like 2

Sooooo.....

Everyone is prepared? Check

Tickets are sold? Check

Hotels booked? Check

Perfect! Let's lockdown again or at least put enough measures so that no one can move anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thai government will not do a new lockdown, even on high infections,

the country has to live with the virus and Thai people have to learn to have less fears

57 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Sorry I don't understand the reply

Well you claimed its easy to just 'go or not go' - but as I said life isn't that simple

If you have kids at school (or private tutor) is it simple ?

If you are working in Thailand is it simple ?

If you have medical treatment booked is it simple ?

If your visa is about to run out and you're outside Thailand is it simple ?

Just dozens of others

It's great for you and the wife as you are just two presumably retired ? But just go or don't go, isn't very helpful to numerous others for whom they don't have that luxury to choose and are seeking good advice rather than glib statements.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Well you claimed its easy to just 'go or not go' - but as I said life isn't that simple

If you have kids at school (or private tutor) is it simple ?

If you are working in Thailand is it simple ?

If you have medical treatment booked is it simple ?

If your visa is about to run out and you're outside Thailand is it simple ?

Just dozens of others

It's great for you and the wife as you are just two presumably retired ? But just go or don't go, isn't very helpful to numerous others for whom they don't have that luxury to choose and are seeking good advice rather than glib statements.

I don't understand how any of that is relevant

How is any of that different covid requirements or not?

I am not retired

We will set a time to go when it is convenient to both of our work schedules

EDIT....I don't mean any of that to be flippant, or come off that way

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't understand how any of that is relevant

How is any of that different covid requirements or not?

I am not retired

We will set a time to go when it is convenient to both of our work schedules

Who believe's any Propaganda pumped out by the TAT and the claims they constantly fake unrealistic numbers to fool the Thai people.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vlad said:

Who believe's any Propaganda pumped out by the TAT and the claims they constantly fake unrealistic numbers to fool the Thai people.

Just will be booking a trip bro...............I don't care about whatever nonsense this is 5555

See, simple..............  :)

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok authorities and hotels are gearing up to welcome back international tourists on November 1,

Ed. Note: "tourist".

• Haha 1

"SHA+ Hotels and approved limousines"

How many tourists coming to Thailand traditionally began their stays with the 1500 baht TAT car to a 4500 baht hotel? Welcome to the "new normal"

Don't forget prepaid tests and mandatory insurance. Will surely be a grand success!

Edited by Mamachigawa
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Mamachigawa said:

"SHA+ Hotels and approved limousines"

How many tourists coming to Thailand traditionally began their stays with the 1500 baht TAT car to a 4500 baht hotel? Welcome to the "new normal"

Don't forget prepaid tests and mandatory insurance. Will surely be a grand success!

I would say a huge %, given that is 45usd and 135usd/nt

Believe or not, a lot of tourist can afford more than 500baht/nt for a hotel  .......

• Like 2
  • Haha 1