News Forum - Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers

Thaiger

Bangkok authorities and hotels are gearing up to welcome back international tourists on November 1, setting up swab hubs and preparing for an influx of travellers. The Tourism Authority of Thailand said they will set up testing stations outside the airport and are strategising to avoid congestion and bottlenecking as international travellers arrive into Thailand. The plan is instead to keep the flow through the airport smooth before moving travellers to their SHA Plus hotels in approved limousines and having swab hubs set up at these hotels or at partnering hospitals nearby, allowing incoming tourists to get out of the […]

The story Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sounds fantastic.. limo from the airport, testing in a comfortable place. 

I was going to get a taxi, wonder if the limo will have a meter 🤔🤔🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't get it, is this really happening after all? will they really re-open without restrictions? what should I do, I have my holidays confirmed with my employer, the full month of November, what should I do ? wait for the last minute to buy my plane ticket ? and if they flip flop their mind again, it will be too late to buy a holiday package to another destination... I don't know what to do...

• Like 1

Great news, the gradual start to getting life back to as normal as possible and the start of millions being re employed in the tourism sector.

They have had 2 years of hell. 

I am sure this thread will have quite a few disparaging remarks from the usual suspects who can never stop complaining. 

Planning and preparing for the necessary airport covid tests to make them as speedy, safe and convenient as possible and providing special transport is very proactive. What more can you ask for?  Good on them. 

I wish them all the best to get back on their feet.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tim said:

I don't get it, is this really happening after all? will they really re-open without restrictions? what should I do, I have my holidays confirmed with my employer, the full month of November, what should I do ? wait for the last minute to buy my plane ticket ? and if they flip flop their mind again, it will be too late to buy a holiday package to another destination... I don't know what to do...

If you enjoy a beer and the  freedom to enjoy yourself go elsewhere there's nothing worth jumping through hoops to come  here. Maybe next year.

• Like 4

How about those arrive at BKK Airport but want go to other City directly example Chiang Mai. Those also must spend a Night in BKK ? How to plan the connecting Flight ?

Edited by Matrix
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Bangkok authorities and hotels are gearing up to welcome back international tourists on November 1, setting up swab hubs and preparing for an influx of travellers. The Tourism Authority of Thailand said they will set up testing stations outside the airport and are strategising to avoid congestion and bottlenecking as international travellers arrive into Thailand. The plan is instead to keep the flow through the airport smooth before moving travellers to their SHA Plus hotels in approved limousines and having swab hubs set up at these hotels or at partnering hospitals nearby, allowing incoming tourists to get out of the […]

The story Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Alas the preparation starts. I am packing my bags and shine my shoes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matrix said:

How about those arrive at BKK Airport but want go to other City directly example Chiang Mai. Those also must spend a Night in BKK ? How to plan the connecting Flight ?

You have to spend one night at a quarantine hotel take one test if negative you can foxtrot oscar

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Great news, the gradual start to getting life back to as normal as possible and the start of millions being re employed in the tourism sector.

They have had 2 years of hell. 

I am sure this thread will have quite a few disparaging remarks from the usual suspects who can never stop complaining. 

Planning and preparing for the necessary airport covid tests to make them as speedy, safe and convenient as possible and providing special transport is very proactive. What more can you ask for?  Good on them. 

I wish them all the best to get back on their feet.

We are the same 2.5 years of nothing, things are picking up here in Rawai, Phuket we have some bookings and yesterday got another booking from the end of December into January 

I can look in my back office and everyday the amount of views is 3X it was last month

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim said:

I don't get it, is this really happening after all? will they really re-open without restrictions? what should I do, I have my holidays confirmed with my employer, the full month of November, what should I do ?last minute to buy my plane ticket ? and if they flip flop their mind again, it will be too late to buy a holiday package to another destination... I don't know what to do...

A lot could happen between now and Nov 1. Personally I wouldn't risk taking it down to the wire, it may be a seamless transition but it could easily change with significant changes. I have written off 2021 having cancelled Dec, Jan and am aiming for Feb 1 2022.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

You have to spend one night at a quarantine hotel take one test if negative you can foxtrot oscar

That is good news. I've asked several authorities who can't/won't give a straight answer. Where can I find the info? I want to transit through BKK to CNX

1 hour ago, Tim said:

As others have said. I would wait until last minute if you can. That said, we still don’t have the full published details and there may well be many more hoops to jump through. If I were you, I’d prepare what I can without paying any money; such as booking your preflight PCR test, and then wait to see what is officially published. Good luck and enjoy your holiday👍🏻 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Guevara said:

That is good news. I've asked several authorities who can't/won't give a straight answer. Where can I find the info? I want to transit through BKK to CNX

Not sure how you go about that at the moment, Flying direct into Phuket is one night

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

are strategising to avoid congestion and bottlenecking as international travellers arrive into Thailand.

expect a spike in the world price of traffic cones for this one .. 

• Haha 3

Just now, longwood50 said:

I don't think I would have the maids get too many rooms ready.  I doubt seriously if there will be a stampede heading to Thailand. 

Yeah half a dozen should cover the initial rush....

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

expect a spike in the world price of traffic cones for this one .. 

Will both the tourists be wearing them on their heads then?

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

If you enjoy a beer and the  freedom to enjoy yourself go elsewhere there's nothing worth jumping through hoops to come  here. Maybe next year.

Bars are open to 10pm in Phuket. Live music etc. You don't actually know anyone on the ground in Phuket do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Bars are open to 10pm in Phuket. Live music etc. You don't actually know anyone on the ground in Phuket do you?

The hint is in the title of the thread

Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

The hint is in the title of the thread

Bangkok authorities and hotels prepare for returning travellers. 

What's that Griff? One groundstaff to put a ladder up to the door of the plane, one immigration officer, one lady to take your 500 baht and one limo. All that just for those 2 Indians? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you really believe in test results after 24 hours ?   you may stay 2 or 3 days in a nice expensive hotel,

maybe more swabs and quarantine prison on the horizon, always traced by app,

happy holidays

• Like 3