Who is your favourite Thai Youtuber?

Riyoung_B

I used to like Mark Wiens a lot, but nowadays I personally enjoy vloggers more because  appreciate their normal and realistic life as compared to celebrities. A lot of them have very good content! Good home coking, nice outing scenes.....

This is my new favourite- she claims to be living in Singapore now, but given her skin colour I suspect she is Thai nationality...... Check this out and who agrees with me??

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Riyoung_B said:

I used to like Mark Wiens a lot, but nowadays I personally enjoy vloggers more because  appreciate their normal and realistic life as compared to celebrities. A lot of them have very good content! Good home coking, nice outing scenes.....

This is my new favourite- she claims to be living in Singapore now, but given her skin colour I suspect she is Thai nationality...... Check this out and who agrees with me??

Do you, and other people really want/need to see a day in the life of some Thai bird in Singapore. Is this what the Internet and all it's facilities was set up for, and then post it on here. Sad.

5 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

Do you, and other people really want/need to see a day in the life of some Thai bird in Singapore. Is this what the Internet and all it's facilities was set up for, and then post it on here. Sad.

I find it quite interesting to see other peoples perspectives on life, lots of youtube channels are more open/not scripted like "reality" tv shows and theres quite a few celebrities' that have their own youtube channel which gives you a look into the life of a famous person.  

Although i never seen this youtube channel, theres a few i watch from time to time 

Also the way I see it is, if you can't beat them join them, lots of people dislike vloggers on youtube but I think a lot of people do it for the money, once your channel takes off the amount of money you get is quite significant, think 6 figures, sometimes 7 figures a year for posting videos. I made a few videos in highschool to try to make some side cash and was surprised how much money you make and even when you stop making videos, money keeps coming in as people are still watching old videos. I remember posting a few videos one year and i'd get $100 cheques every few months for a few years and they weren't even good videos.

I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of this while living in Thailand, I think there would be a huge audience for those who don't know how technologically advanced and cheap Thailand is and if more people knew central Bangkok was almost as modern as a typical big city in America but costs 50% or less to live here, people would flock here like birds. 

• Like 1

PLEASE  everyone put A NUT IN Thailand as your favourite .

Maybe then he'll get out of politics.  (Can only try.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, palooka said:

PLEASE  everyone put A NUT IN Thailand as your favourite .

Maybe then he'll get out of politics.  (Can only try.)

I like him. I dont want him out.

Might make me the exception but I dont mind.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

I like him. I dont want him out.

Might make me the exception but I dont mind.

You like him? Haven't gone off your meds have you? 5555

41 minutes ago, palooka said:

You like him? Haven't gone off your meds have you? 5555

No. I'm quite rational for a Brit.

• Haha 1

Marquess Brownlee 

Always very good reviews of phones, very professionally made & presented.

Was a fan of Scott Mallon when he did his chowderhead videos, but he doesn't them anymore.

Magic Of Dreaming is extremely good for relaxation & dream enhancement. 

• Like 1

I have a few favorites. By “Thai YouTuber” I’m extending it to “YouTuber with Thai content” but here is my list:

BangkokPat - documentary quality videos and a lot of interesting history and little-known details. 

Paddy Doyle - Best travel blogger, tells the good with the bad and includes a lot of humor.

Chris Parker - Very funny stuff but also a serious side. Great charity work with local communities.

Peter @ Thailand Bound - Just reads stories about experiences in Thailand. Sad, happy, whatever. But interesting.

Art Thomya - Thai guy who does travel videos about Thailand in English. My wife’s favorite.

Notable omissions I won’t name. I like a warts and all account on the ground. Some of the very famous YouTubers are a bit overly polyannish with their content. These are my top 5 👍🏻

• Like 1

I like this one. Laid back Thai family who don't take themselves too seriously.

Nice people. 

Edited by RobMuir
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I have a few favorites. By “Thai YouTuber” I’m extending it to “YouTuber with Thai content” but here is my list:

BangkokPat - documentary quality videos and a lot of interesting history and little-known details. 

Paddy Doyle - Best travel blogger, tells the good with the bad and includes a lot of humor.

Chris Parker - Very funny stuff but also a serious side. Great charity work with local communities.

Peter @ Thailand Bound - Just reads stories about experiences in Thailand. Sad, happy, whatever. But interesting.

Art Thomya - Thai guy who does travel videos about Thailand in English. My wife’s favorite.

Notable omissions I won’t name. I like a warts and all account on the ground. Some of the very famous YouTubers are a bit overly polyannish with their content. These are my top 5 👍🏻

Great list, will check them out

Thanks

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Great list, will check them out

Thanks

Thanks man, would be interested to know your feedback. At the moment, I’m binge watching BangkokPat. Seriously good stuff, especially if you like the “then and now” angle.

6 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Thanks man, would be interested to know your feedback. At the moment, I’m binge watching BangkokPat. Seriously good stuff, especially if you like the “then and now” angle.

Yeah I saw a lot of people commenting before that Bangkok Pat is good

I like the historical aspect you mention.....

As someone initially mentioned on here, my favorite was Mark Weins for food vlog. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I first saw him on a Yinn thread.

He joined up TT after she posted it.

Very interesting perspective. 

• Like 1

This is someone I follow

The Naked Guru

Him and I are polar opposites, and I would likely never live his lifestyle but I find him extremely intelligent and pretty measured.

Oh and his voice/cadence is soothing to me, for some reason  :)

I just like his overall demeanor

He used to own/run a popular Jazz club in Hua Hin

He could be of interest to the Issan guys on here.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheNakedGuruExperience

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yeah I saw a lot of people commenting before that Bangkok Pat is good

I like the historical aspect you mention.....

As someone initially mentioned on here, my favorite was Mark Weins for food vlog. 

The Mark Wiens food reaction… 🤣

Everything is awesome. That’s why I prefer Paddy Doyle. Some food is “awesome”, some not so much.

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

This is someone I follow

The Naked Guru

Him and I are polar opposites, and I would likely never live his lifestyle but I find him extremely intelligent and pretty measured.

Oh and his voice/cadence is soothing to me, for some reason  :)

I just like his overall demeanor

He used to own/run a popular Jazz club in Hua Hin

He could be of interest to the Issan guys on here.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheNakedGuruExperience

Good tip, bro. I didn’t know about him 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

The Mark Wiens food reaction… 🤣

Everything is awesome. That’s why I prefer Paddy Doyle. Some food is “awesome”, some not so much.

Ha, true about Weins. But to be honest, I just think he's a very positive person.

By the way if you like food travel and were a fan of Bourdain, this book by his old director is awesome!

Cool to see how a show like that works behind the scenes

I wish it was 500 pages longer.....

https://www.amazon.com/Weeds-Around-Behind-Anthony-Bourdain-ebook/dp/B08PV5HYLG

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Ha, true about Weins. But to be honest, I just think he's a very positive person.

By the way if you like food travel and were a fan of Bourdain, this book by his old director is awesome!

Cool to see how a show like that works behind the scenes

I wish it was 500 pages longer.....

https://www.amazon.com/Weeds-Around-Behind-Anthony-Bourdain-ebook/dp/B08PV5HYLG

Bourdain was a legend, and sorely missed. I think we would have been on the same page had we ever met.

I’ll check out that link, thanks bro.

This bloke does houses. I watch him more for the houses than him, but he goes alright.

This pad can be yours for 150 million. I like the privacy of it.

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Bourdain was a legend, and sorely missed. I think we would have been on the same page had we ever met.

I’ll check out that link, thanks bro.

Well my wife and I want to stop in Japan once it opens back up, on the way to one of our trips back to Thailand

Well, that was the plan until she started watching K-Dramas, now wants to go to South Korea!

2 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

This bloke does houses. I watch him more for the houses than him, but he goes alright.

This pad can be yours for 150 million. I like the privacy of it.

5.5cad seems like a bargain for that! But looks like not a great location

Looks like a hotel......

24 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well my wife and I want to stop in Japan once it opens back up, on the way to one of our trips back to Thailand

Well, that was the plan until she started watching K-Dramas, now wants to go to South Korea!

I can’t comment on that without coming across as negative. All I can say is, ignore the dramas and follow your initial instinct. You’ll have a much better time 🇯🇵

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I can’t comment on that without coming across as negative. All I can say is, ignore the dramas and follow your initial instinct. You’ll have a much better time 🇯🇵

My wife is not an avid traveler

So if a K-Drama gets her to want to visit a country, as long as that country has beer and I can try their locals foods............that's good for me!   :)

• Like 1