News Forum - Thailand to stop using Sinovac vaccine once current supply runs out

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Guest1 said:

The EU was not much better, they controlled about "you did not deliver to us the promised  amount, so you cant export to outside EU, before full filling the contract. 

Better start updating your sources. You are running more than 6 months behind, and that export ban was only for AZ that didn't honour their agreement.

The EU exported already more than 1 billion vaccins to the rest of the world

3 hours ago, Alavan said:

Better start updating your sources. You are running more than 6 months behind, and that export ban was only for AZ that didn't honour their agreement.

The EU exported already more than 1 billion vaccines to the rest of the world

Oh yes, but it was not only Az, also moderna and biontech didn't fulfill the orders, in the beginning. Which led to a massive Minus in the availability. But since june or so, there is even more available, as used/needed. Even with the fact, that NOT ONE Co. delivered the total numbers of doses till summer,  they agreed  to. Just since ALL 3  (4) delivered in spring, there were enough in total, just not enough mRNA for everyone! Also part in that was opening up new production plants, more cooperation with other plants. 

And of course they are exporting now. Since the EU don't need all they ordered, just right now, there is capacity. The EU ordered about 4 doses per head, alone 2021 and 2022/23. OF the available vaccines, not even the 300 Mio Doses Sanofi (not existing, given up on that) , or also from Curevac (not ready yet, b/c gets tested against Delta!) Just that massive 4x ordering was before Delta and booster every 6 month (about) came into the game. Also a lot is "the old stuff", that is less effective against Delta. But still a valid basic vaccination, better as nothing.  Upgradable with mRNA, later. In EU, the next jabs are almost certain just mRNA. So what to do with aging Az, J&J, even mRNA that is ending in the next couple of month? The new deliveries are coming anyway.  Aside, that in EU, Az, J&J, is not seen as the best, mostly!

On top of companies selling now "to the world", the EU countries, the EU is  giving vaccines away. Ok, ONLY in case, the manufacturer is agreeing to it.  And that was part of the Covax deal, ordering a lot more, as needed, gifting it to the WHO for "poor countries"

I just have my doubts, that countries, which are be able to pay hundreds of millions of US$ for weapon systems, but don't wanna spend 5 US$ per head for a vaccine (Az cost about 5 US$ , 2 jabs) are rightfully called "poor". They just have other priorities, also the "rich world" wanna have these countries people vaccinated. So there is no need, to spend own money, in/for some regimes!

6 hours ago, vlad said:

The PM as i recall was bragging how Thailand's Scientist's were capable of formulating there own version of A/Z in a Lab in BKK. We now know they could not. So the Question is  " Why " if he would have began last year he would have had enough Vaccine to fully vaccinate the Thai population now.

Oh, Thailand is still on the way to an own mRNA vaccine!

They just start to worry, that their vaccine is not ready, before 70% of the Thais are already fully vacinated:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2189899/vaccine-developers-look-to-fda-for-help

13 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Oh, Thailand is still on the way to an own mRNA vaccine!

They just start to worry, that their vaccine is not ready, before 70% of the Thais are already fully vacinated:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2189899/vaccine-developers-look-to-fda-for-help

They've been looking for help all the way! Also already asked the government for funding.

If they really had something, they would have been funded ages ago by the private sector, as there's big money in this.

And anyone who is worried about mRNA from Pfizer or Moderna is really going to try something brand-new from Thailand that needs government funding and/or FDA "cooperation" 🤣

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Oh yes, but it was not only Az, also moderna and biontech didn't fulfill the orders, in the beginning.

Although Biontech didn't fulfill the orders at first (due to reorganisations to upscale the production) they exported to the UK, Israel, US, Canada. So saying that there was an export ban is not correct.
And with your last post you didn't counter that.

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

Oh yes, but it was not only Az, also moderna and biontech didn't fulfill the orders, in the beginning. Which led to a massive Minus in the availability. But since june or so, there is even more available, as used/needed. Even with the fact, that NOT ONE Co. delivered the total numbers of doses till summer,  they agreed  to. Just since ALL 3  (4) delivered in spring, there were enough in total, just not enough mRNA for everyone! Also part in that was opening up new production plants, more cooperation with other plants. 

And of course they are exporting now. Since the EU don't need all they ordered, just right now, there is capacity. The EU ordered about 4 doses per head, alone 2021 and 2022/23. OF the available vaccines, not even the 300 Mio Doses Sanofi (not existing, given up on that) , or also from Curevac (not ready yet, b/c gets tested against Delta!) Just that massive 4x ordering was before Delta and booster every 6 month (about) came into the game. Also a lot is "the old stuff", that is less effective against Delta. But still a valid basic vaccination, better as nothing.  Upgradable with mRNA, later. In EU, the next jabs are almost certain just mRNA. So what to do with aging Az, J&J, even mRNA that is ending in the next couple of month? The new deliveries are coming anyway.  Aside, that in EU, Az, J&J, is not seen as the best, mostly!

On top of companies selling now "to the world", the EU countries, the EU is  giving vaccines away. Ok, ONLY in case, the manufacturer is agreeing to it.  And that was part of the Covax deal, ordering a lot more, as needed, gifting it to the WHO for "poor countries"

I just have my doubts, that countries, which are be able to pay hundreds of millions of US$ for weapon systems, but don't wanna spend 5 US$ per head for a vaccine (Az cost about 5 US$ , 2 jabs) are rightfully called "poor". They just have other priorities, also the "rich world" wanna have these countries people vaccinated. So there is no need, to spend own money, in/for some regimes!

Yes Guest1 but don't forget a few Months ago Thailand was thinking of Buying Submarines for there Navy, and are ready next week to blow Millions on an opening ceremony, but they will not cough up for a proven vaccine. I live in the UK Alavan and can assure we have 3-4 labs making thousands of A/Z vaccine' Daily up to a Million a month. We do not need to ask other country's.

29 minutes ago, vlad said:

Yes Guest1 but don't forget a few Months ago Thailand was thinking of Buying Submarines for there Navy, and are ready next week to blow Millions on an opening ceremony, but they will not cough up for a proven vaccine. I live in the UK Alavan and can assure we have 3-4 labs making thousands of A/Z vaccine' Daily up to a Million a month. We do not need to ask other country's.

I was speaking of the situation in the first quarter of this year, when the UK imported AZ and Pfizer from the EU.
And yes, now the situation has changed.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Although Biontech didn't fulfill the orders at first (due to reorganisations to upscale the production) they exported to the UK, Israel, US, Canada. So saying that there was an export ban is not correct.
And with your last post you didn't counter that.

If I remember that right, the Biontech  Vaccine, that Israel got, was from Pfizer via the US.

Which is the difference, between Az and Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna: AZ was controllable in/ from the EU.

Moderna is US, just produces in Europe, but had all to send to US, "to quality check it".

The EU was happy, to get some of it back ;-)

Biontech also was under suspicion, that they had to get the US, vs. Pfizer,  the majority of the production. Alone the numbers did show, that the US got more Biontech/Pfizer doses , till may or such, as all of the EU-states combined.  But here it was still that the US ordered MONTH before the EU did. Also Israel, the PM of Israel, ordered early and talked once a week with the CEO of Pfizer. That Bourla is, or that his parents were jewish, was not a disadvantage, here!

But never the less, we are also in a country (I am right now, at least) , with a "ours first" policy! I still think, that this is in the majority of the countries the case. 

18 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

If I remember that right, the Biontech  Vaccine, that Israel got, was from Pfizer via the US.

You remember wrong. Biontech Pfizer came from the EU, more specifically from Belgium.

https://annualreview.pfizer.com/site-feature-puurs-belgium

https://www.efe.com/efe/english/destacada/puurs-the-belgian-town-brewing-beer-and-a-covid-19-vaccine/50000261-4406586

https://www.brusselstimes.com/belgium/151481/pfizer-biontechs-vaccine-production-back-on-track-puurs-belgium-doses/

18 hours ago, Alavan said:

That was it, why I wrote "if I remember that right" ;-)

Moderna did send all produced doses to the US, for quality checks (so the official reason).

Perhaps I mixed that up, but anyway:

Israel was under 20 million doses in total.

And I would wanna see the european politicians, whom would go after an US company, to restrict vaccine doses delivery to israel. Wont happen, I am certain about that.

Aside: Israels people have been the mRNA guniea pigs for the world!

4 hours ago, Guest1 said:

That was it, why I wrote "if I remember that right" ;-)

Moderna did send all produced doses to the US, for quality checks (so the official reason).

Perhaps I mixed that up, but anyway:

Israel was under 20 million doses in total.

And I would wanna see the european politicians, whom would go after an US company, to restrict vaccine doses delivery to israel. Wont happen, I am certain about that.

Aside: Israels people have been the mRNA guniea pigs for the world!

Again, the EU never restricted export of Pfizer to other countries. First vaccinations with Pfizer in UK and Israel were done with vaccins produced in the EU.
The EU restricted the export of AZ to the UK, as AZ wanted to export vaccins produced in the EU to the UK, whilst not honouring contracts they had to deliver to the EU.