News Forum - Certificates of vaccination can now be submitted through Mor Prom app from today

Thaiger

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think we're talking at cross purposes.

You're talking about what the UK says and accepts, while my point is that every country has different rules and going somewhere else based on what the UK says and accepts could be a rather costly mistake.

Obviously, but that's for the individual to check the entry requirements based on the Country they intend to enter. I never stated every Country, you made that incorrect assumption.
I stated the UK and Ireland in my first post on the subject.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Accepted by Ireland and the UK, (no doubt others) subject to the type of vaccines administered being approved by the Country you intend to travel to.

8 minutes ago, Faz said:

Well I can't speak for your Provincial hospital.

What I can tell you is that if you notify the hospital you intend to travel abroad, they'll give you two shots of AZ and issue the certificate on the day and order the Thai Yellow vaccination book for collection at a later date.

I think we're still talking at cross purposes.

As I've tried to explain, there are TWO  "Thai yellow vaccination books".

They look similar, but they're NOT the same book. One, as I've said before just as you say, is available from government hospitals if they have stock, or they'll order one for you, and some will do so even for a different hospital if they can verify it readily.

The other is only available in Bangkok.

They're two different books, even if they look similar and can serve the same purpose.

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I don't want to be argumentative, but there's some rather risky advice being flung around here.

Different countries have different rules internationally, and so do different provinces and airports in Thailand domestically depending on where you're flying from and to. Flying from an orange zone to a dark red zone may be very different from a dark red zone to an orange zone, so there may be completely different requirements flying one way to flying the other, even on a return ticket from the same airline.

As I suggested before, I think we all need to be very specific here as mistakes could be costly.

Ok, I can agree on that. 

To be specific, I went to Surat Thani airport and directly to Koh Samui. They didn't even bother to check. (even when they make it appear as if you'll visit Fort Knox) 

But it's just my experience and you know their routine:

They always do things 50% here. They either say you must do it and not check, or, they don't tell you what to do, and they will suddenly check for something you didn't know😂

But tbh I've literally never HAD TO open that app in my phone. I did, but it was never asked for/looked at. At least better just have it for if they ask. 

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Some have done it without with no problems - apparently this is now only a requirement at Suvarnabhumi.

You should also be able to get a similar yellow WHO vaccine passport for international travel from the  hospital where you were vaccinated, or to have it updated to include Covid jabs if you already have one, but apparently some hospitals are unwilling to do this (notably Bangkok Hospital Group and other private hospitals).

Yep I got that yellow one was 50 baht

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Ok, I can agree on that. 

To be specific, I went to Surat Thani airport and directly to Koh Samui. They didn't even bother to check. (even when they make it appear as if you'll visit Fort Knox) 

But it's just my experience and you know their routine:

They always do things 50% here. They either say you must do it and not check, or, they don't tell you what to do, and they will suddenly check for something you didn't know😂

But tbh I've literally never HAD TO open that app in my phone. I did, but it was never asked for/looked at. At least better just have it for if they ask. 

Agreed 100%, but I think it's very dangerous when someone (anyone 😢) says "you don't need xyz" without it being absolutely, crystal clear exactly what they're referring to and where.

They may know what they mean but others may not.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Mor Prom app now has a tab to apply for an “ international certificate “ which can be ordered for self pick up, postal delivery or email.

It has to be paid for, 50 baht I think.

2E58926C-66AB-478E-B1AC-4331F614E99A.thumb.jpeg.17e8c962b38bc6493153a2c2ff978a66.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is the yellow book/passport ??

Yeah i would like to know that too  it is very confusing

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed 100%, but I think it's very dangerous when someone (anyone 😢) says "you don't need xyz" without it being absolutely, crystal clear exactly what they're referring to and where.

They may know what they mean but others may not.

I do need to note that it might be different now that proof of vaccination is necessary to check whether you need a Covid test or not. They have recently changed right after I entered. 

So I guess you are right, especially in a country where the rules change every day😂

1 hour ago, gummy said:

I wonder if @Fluke is aware of this ?

Yes, try reading the whole page , rather than just a few sentences.

The rules Faz posted are for those people who are entering as fully  vaccinated .  

The are other rules for those entering not fully vaccinated . 

Also read the first page in the Passport . 

The message from the Queen 

7 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I think we're still talking at cross purposes.

As I've tried to explain, there are TWO  "Thai yellow vaccination books".

What is your point other than being argumentative.

I posted an image of the Thai Yellow Covid Passport that has been issued by my local hospital.
I mentioned the proof of vaccination required for entry to the UK and Ireland, both of which accept the 'Vaccination certificate' issued by the vaccination centre on the day after the second shot, which for Thais is in Thai, so needs translating to English for Visa applications to the above two named Countries.

I've stated that it's the individuals responsibility to check requirements for the Country they intend to travel/visit, but I had no interest in other Countries, which is why I posted specifically the UK and Ireland.
The Yellow Covid Passport (any) are not a requirement to enter the above two Countries.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Yes, try reading the whole page , rather than just a few sentences.

The rules Faz posted are for those people who are entering as fully  vaccinated .  

The are other rules for those entering not fully vaccinated . 

Also read the first page in the Passport . 

The message from the Queen 

Are you not fully vaccinated @Fluke
I thought you'd already gone back to the UK.

Screenshot_20211018_201443.thumb.jpg.0b89b9dcf6ac46ebc918240fd73ddf29.jpg

So if that's your vaccine certificate you have to upload.... Why can't we use it to apply for the vaccine passport? 

Why do we need a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate? Can't we show the vaccine certificate to get the vaccine passport instead of showing a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine passport? 

5 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Screenshot_20211018_201443.thumb.jpg.0b89b9dcf6ac46ebc918240fd73ddf29.jpg

So if that's your vaccine certificate you have to upload.... Why can't we use it to apply for the vaccine passport? 

Why do we need a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate? Can't we show the vaccine certificate to get the vaccine passport instead of showing a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine certificate to get a vaccine passport? 

It’s supposedly an international vaccine certificate, whatever that might be !!

Got mine in Nakhon Si Thammarat province today, not a problem. (Covid 19 vaccin passport)

Edited by Rudi
Not completed my text
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Faz said:

Are you not fully vaccinated @Fluke
I thought you'd already gone back to the UK.

No, I will get the proper vaccines done back in the U.K,, otherwise I will need to get double here and again in the U.K.  and I dont really want to be a Guinea pig to find out what will happen when I have a sinovac, a Sputnik vac and a Oxford Vac .

I was going to to back to the U.K last week, but I waited because I wanted to watch a game of football here 

11 minutes ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

It’s supposedly an international vaccine certificate, whatever that might be !!

Or.... They realized they gave some people something for free and ofc that may never happen😂 if you scroll down further, you can tick the box of your payment method (no kidding, seriously) 

4 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

Or.... They realized they gave some people something for free and ofc that may never happen😂 if you scroll down further, you can tick the box of your payment method (no kidding, seriously) 

Yes, I saw that .

30 minutes ago, Fluke said:

No, I will get the proper vaccines done back in the U.K,, otherwise I will need to get double here and again in the U.K.  and I dont really want to be a Guinea pig to find out what will happen when I have a sinovac, a Sputnik vac and a Oxford Vac .

Foreigners were supposed to receive 2 x AZ shots although I know some got the Sinovac first shot, but they should have opened their mouths. More recently some have received the Pfizer as both shots.

What's the plan, 10 days home quarantine, or bite the bullet and pay extra for the test to release scheme after 5 days. A lot more providers and cheaper than when I last looked.

As usual any announcement from a government office leaves us with more questions than answers:

a) is the “ international certificate “ available via Mor Prom the yellow book/passport with the garuda on ?

b) do we even need this if we already have a vaccine certificate anyway ?

The geezers ont t’other forum are going through the same question and answer routine, some think that the Mor Prom postal delivery or pick up will give you a yellow book/passport necessary for international travel and the emailed “ e-cert “ is worthless, all for 50 baht.

Others think that the yellow thingy is not even required.

Who knows ………. not me !!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Faz said:

Foreigners were supposed to receive 2 x AZ shots although I know some got the Sinovac first shot, but they should have opened their mouths.

I got Sino and was happy to get it. Nobody is dying from bloodclots with Sino. Hundreds have with the Astra.

No side effects with Sino either. 

I am healthy, not particularly worried about getting covid. My brother had it, only reason he even knew he had it was because he was tested to fly.

If I was old and fat with underlying health issues I might be worried.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Foreigners were supposed to receive 2 x AZ shots although I know some got the Sinovac first shot, but they should have opened their mouths. More recently some have received the Pfizer as both shots.

What's the plan, 10 days home quarantine, or bite the bullet and pay extra for the test to release scheme after 5 days. A lot more providers and cheaper than when I last looked.

Staying home, doing some much needed decorating , avoiding the cold winter spell and with 45 000 new daily Covid cases , I wont be in a hurry to go outside , apart from for necessities 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Staying home, doing some much needed decorating , avoiding the cold winter spell and with 45 000 new daily Covid cases , I wont be in a hurry to go outside , apart from for necessities 

You will be OK as soon as you get the vaccinations, the rest of us have had full freedom to do whatever we please and go whatever we please for over three months now, the cases are high but the deaths are low as we are almost all vaccinated as a country.

4 minutes ago, JamesR said:

You will be OK as soon as you get the vaccinations, the rest of us have had full freedom to do whatever we please and go whatever we please for over three months now, the cases are high but the deaths are low as we are almost all vaccinated as a country.

In the U.K.  ?

Three months ago the daily death rate in the UK was in single figures , sometimes going into double figures , in October the daily death rate had often gone into three figures .

5 th July : Nine deaths . 

5 th October : 166 deaths 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fluke said:

In the U.K.  ?

Three months ago the daily death rate in the UK was in single figures , sometimes going into double figures , in October the daily death rate had often gone into three figures .

5 th July : Nine deaths . 

5 th October : 166 deaths 

True but now everyone is back at work, public transport in full use, clubs, pubs , restaurants, open, all school kids back at school.

You can not compare the number with countries in full lockdown.

When the figures were low just a few million people were moving about, now it is the whole country.

But I would stay too at home as I did in August last year as I had had no vaccinations at the time after coming back from Thailand.