News Forum - Certificates of vaccination can now be submitted through Mor Prom app from today

Thaiger

From today, those who have been fully vaccinated can now submit an application through the Mor Prom mobile app to receive a certificate of vaccination online. The move by the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute was made to help reduce long queue lines over applying for the certificates. The institute’s director, Kitpong Sunchatawirul, says the previous time-consuming lines were not ideal, so the institute decided to allow applications and appointment reminders to be available through the app. But, the available hours are limited to 9:30am-3:30pm, Monday through Saturday. According to Bangkok Post, the current, walk-in vaccine passport services are still available, at most of the designated […]

The story Certificates of vaccination can now be submitted through Mor Prom app from today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I  got a official document (vax certificate) at my vaccination location (Rajaphat U. Udon Thani) after my second shot .It has a QRcode with other info  such as, Vax and dates.

Download the app ( if you choose)and scan your QR code , the certificate will appear ! From that app you should be able to see a icon for your Digital Health Pass (if you choose).

For The vaccine passport you must have  a plane ticket and dates of travel and apply for it

Edited by riclag

1 hour ago, DollhinSpirit said:

As an expat how can I use this app since you need a Thai ID number to register?

If you were jabbed relatively recently and you look on the certificate you got after your vaccination, with a QR code, you'll see a 13 figure ID number after your passport number. 

You just enter that as your "Thai ID number".

If you were jabbed early on you may not have a QR code or 13 digit number. In that case you need to go to the hospital where you were jabbed (or the hospital responsible if jabbed in a mall, etc) and to ask them to give you a certificate from the MOPH Immunization Centre with the number and a QR code.

Some may charge 50 baht for this, and it could take a day or two if they can't do it on the spot.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

For The vaccine passport you must have  a plane ticket and dates of travel.

Some have done it without with no problems - apparently this is now only a requirement at Suvarnabhumi.

You should also be able to get a similar yellow WHO vaccine passport for international travel from the  hospital where you were vaccinated, or to have it updated to include Covid jabs if you already have one, but apparently some hospitals are unwilling to do this (notably Bangkok Hospital Group and other private hospitals).

44 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Some have done it without with no problems - apparently this is now only a requirement at Suvarnabhumi.

You should also be able to get a similar yellow WHO vaccine passport for international travel from the  hospital where you were vaccinated, or to have it updated to include Covid jabs if you already have one, but apparently some hospitals are unwilling to do this (notably Bangkok Hospital Group and other private hospitals).

i didn't know that any vaccine passport required for domestic travel. just bought ticket to CM from Suvarnabhumi and nobody mentioned anything like that

The evidence of vaccination really needs to be an international convention, just as a passport is. We have operated as a global community with passports. Countries need to come up with a universal document system that is universally recognised. In my country, our government is issuing vaccination certificates that have a QR code and be be pointed or stored on a phone (yes...not everyone has a phone....amazing I know...but true). It is recognised by mutual agreement in 124 countries. World leaders have had 18 months to devise a universal certificate system. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DollhinSpirit said:

As an expat how can I use this app since you need a Thai ID number to register?

It’s covered on a different thread on this forum. I used the ID number off my vaccination appointment slip/ vaccination certificate issued by the hospital. I tried to apply for the international vaccination certificate through the app but currently it only seems to allow for collection of the document in person and payment of the fee in cash upon collecting the document so I didn’t apply yet 

Edited by Stevejm
Update
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

The evidence of vaccination really needs to be an international convention, just as a passport is. We have operated as a global community with passports. Countries need to come up with a universal document system that is universally recognised. In my country, our government is issuing vaccination certificates that have a QR code and be be pointed or stored on a phone (yes...not everyone has a phone....amazing I know...but true). It is recognised by mutual agreement in 124 countries. World leaders have had 18 months to devise a universal certificate system. 

I agree. It has been done historically for various vaccinations so no reason why it can’t be done now. In the meantime I am waiting to go to UK and UK accepts vaccination done in Thailand documented by a government issued certificate so I will be using the one available from the Thailand government until something is agreed internationally 

31 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

i didn't know that any vaccine passport required for domestic travel. just bought ticket to CM from Suvarnabhumi and nobody mentioned anything like that

I'm not sure why you're quoting me as I've never suggested that.

AFAIK all you need for domestic air travel is proof of vaccination, which could be the original certificate, the QR code on the certificate, either of the apps (I think there are two). the Thai 'yellow' vaccine book, or the WHO 'yellow' vaccine book, or whatever proof of vaccination abroad is acceptable.

AFAIK there's no "vaccine passport required for domestic travel".

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

There is - the WHO 'yellow book'.

MorProm app is useless for travel.

To proof fully vaccination, I recommend the yellow Vaccine Passport. It useful for Travel. You can get it only in BKK. 2 place not 4. It is not from WHO but accepted. To show in EU Restaurants you need the Vaccine Certificate can get in Hospital we're the made the jab, free of charge. In some countries like Switzerland you have to convert to local certificate after 26. Oct. Some other countries like Italy, France more relaxed.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not sure why you're quoting me as I've never suggested that.

AFAIK all you need for domestic air travel is proof of vaccination, which could be the original certificate, the QR code on the certificate, either of the apps (I think there are two). the Thai 'yellow' vaccine book, or the WHO 'yellow' vaccine book, or whatever proof of vaccination abroad is acceptable.

AFAIK there's no "vaccine passport required for domestic travel".

maybe i misunderstood, you correct WHO yellow book is required for international and proof of vaccination or test results for domestic flights

58 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

maybe i misunderstood, you correct WHO yellow book is required for international and proof of vaccination or test results for domestic flights

Agreed - I think that's what I said!

2 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

Worth double checking @AlexPTY  I know someone who has just bought a ticket from Khon Kaen to Bkk and told that proof of vaccination or a Covid test wasn’t necessary for the outbound flight. However they would require proof of vaccination or a Covid test result when returning from Suvarnabhumi. I’ve no first hand knowledge of doing this, but the guy I spoke with yesterday is  normally a regular flyer between BKK and KK and seemed fairly clear on the regulation. It may of course vary with carrier though I would be surprised. 

Just now, Soidog said:

Worth double checking @AlexPTY  I know someone who has just bought a ticket from Khon Kaen to Bkk and told that proof of vaccination or a Covid test wasn’t necessary for the outbound flight. However they would require proof of vaccination or a Covid test result when returning from Suvarnabhumi. I’ve no first hand knowledge of doing this, but the guy I spoke with yesterday is  normally a regular flyer between BKK and KK and seemed fairly clear on the regulation. It may of course vary with carrier though I would be surprised. 

Thanks, I do have a digital vaccination certificate 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Train said:

MorProm app is useless for travel.

To proof fully vaccination, I recommend the yellow Vaccine Passport. It useful for Travel. You can get it only in BKK. 2 place not 4. It is not from WHO but accepted. To show in EU Restaurants you need the Vaccine Certificate can get in Hospital we're the made the jab, free of charge. In some countries like Switzerland you have to convert to local certificate after 26. Oct. Some other countries like Italy, France more relaxed.

I think we all evidently need to be a lot clearer about this to avoid confusion.

The "MorProm app is useless for travel" ABROAD. It's one of the options for domestic travel, including flights.

"To proof fully vaccination, I recommend the yellow Vaccine Passport. It useful for Travel. You can get it only in BKK. 2 place not 4. It is not from WHO but accepted."

You are talking about the THAI "yellow vaccine passport", with a garuda on the front. This will be accepted for flights to / from Thailand, but as yet there's no guarantee it will necessarily be accepted by other countries.

"To show in EU Restaurants you need the Vaccine Certificate can get in Hospital we're the made the jab, free of charge." Free in some, 50 baht in others, accepted in some countries, not in others who require the WHO vaccine record / yellow book unless you have the local app.

I'd suggest that if travelling, take nothing for granted as requirements change, take all the documentation, and e-mail yourself copies in case you lose or forget anything.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You are talking about the THAI "yellow vaccine passport", with a garuda on the front. This will be accepted for flights to / from Thailand, but as yet there's no guarantee it will necessarily be accepted by other countries.

This:
875941882_CovidPassport.thumb.jpg.e98fae95402df0be5d06b72965fbc7b6.jpg

Accepted by Ireland and the UK, (no doubt others) subject to the type of vaccines administered being approved by the Country you intend to travel to.

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

From today, those who have been fully vaccinated can now submit an application through the Mor Prom mobile app to receive a certificate of vaccination online. The move by the Bamrasnaradura Infectious Diseases Institute was made to help reduce long queue lines over applying for the certificates. The institute’s director, Kitpong Sunchatawirul, says the previous time-consuming lines were not ideal, so the institute decided to allow applications and appointment reminders to be available through the app. But, the available hours are limited to 9:30am-3:30pm, Monday through Saturday. According to Bangkok Post, the current, walk-in vaccine passport services are still available, at most of the designated […]

The story Certificates of vaccination can now be submitted through Mor Prom app from today as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think I will stay in the UK for a few months longer until all of this nonsense re paperwork has gone, it all sound too complicated to me and not one seems to know what is going on.

In the UK I have an NHS app on my iPhone, I booked my vaccine appointments on it, I had the vaccines, the vaccines are recorded automatically for me on the app, you press a button to generate a vaccine passport, end of story.

Oh yes, any blood tests you have had, any visits to the doctor have/will all been recorded on your app dating back to 1972, all you results etc on one app.

Oh and it always works.