News Forum - Dusit Poll: Thailand is not ready for international reopening

Thaiger

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

And as I read your quote the Nation channel in the background says that the government popularity is 40.7% 21.2% against and 38.1% undecided so he could easily lining up for a 3rd term. Not too impressed with his opposition. But the one a truly feel sus about is Anutin.

The Thais have a saying about escaping the Tiger but running into the Crocodile. Guess it applies to politics. 

He will be in power as long as he wants to be and as long as he is living under the delusion the Thai people love him - he is in the boss mans pocket remember!  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Where did the member say they didn’t understand anything? Again you are just looking to pick holes and create a problem when there isn’t one. You need to be stoped in your tracks. You are so negative and dangerous to this forum. I intend to report your post and would urge others to do so as nothing more than argumentative. You need to be removed as you simply want to cause problems instead of engaging in debate. Tone it down or leave. 

I answered a question.

I then didn't ask "the member" - it's deliberately and  very clearly a general question, not an "argumentative" one, intended to encourage people to "engage in debate" over the question since it's never been answered.

If you can't see that, or that you're the one destroying threads by attacking those who've disagreed with you on any pretext, maybe you need to get a life beyond trolling and stalking.

Edit: if you're that upset about my posting style, why not start a thread on it somewhere more appropriate, instead of repeatedly making offensive, provocative and argumentative  posts that contribute nothing to the topic?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Helmut said:

The vaccines are not capable of preventing transmission.  We see this clearly from the Israeli and Singapore examples where vaccination rates exceed 80 percent. The only effective immunity we see so far is natural immunity … used in conjunction with therapies like Ivermectin.  Look to India and the states of Uttar Pradesh. Do not look to the west … here in the US, the vaccine response is politically driven 

But the vaccine does prevent infection in the first place 

3 hours ago, Benroon said:

that is such a tiny sample in a country of 70 million

That's about the same sample size used in polls in the US. As long as the sample is correctly targeted - not calling everybody on the same block - it's good enough. (Of course it eliminates people like me who never answer a call from somebody who I don't recognize.)

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I answered a question.

I then didn't ask "the member" - it's deliberately and  very clearly a general question, not an "argumentative" one, intended to encourage people to "engage in debate" over the question since it's never been answered.

If you can't see that, or that you're the one destroying threads by attacking those who've disagreed with you on any pretext, maybe you need to get a life beyond trolling and stalking.

Edit: if you're that upset about my posting style, why not start a thread on it somewhere more appropriate, instead of repeatedly making offensive, provocative and argumentative  posts that contribute nothing?

I’m not arguing with you @Stonker. You are a toxic individual for this forum. I’m not trolling or stalking anyone. I’m simply telling you to stop being argumentative and destroying reasonable opinions. I have no issue with anyone disagreeing with anything I say or anything anyone else says. But simply picking apart casual comments and trying to belittle people is, in my view, childish and unacceptable. You should conduct yourself on here as you would face to face. Show respect for other members and engage in a reasonable tone. Stop the condescending attitude or leave. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JamesE said:

That's about the same sample size used in polls in the US. As long as the sample is correctly targeted - not calling everybody on the same block - it's good enough. (Of course it eliminates people like me who never answer a call from somebody who I don't recognize.)

I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t answer calls who I don’t recognise. If I don’t know you well enough to be in my contact list then why would I want to talk to you 😂. I’m sure it will backfire on me one day when I receive a call from a radio station or prize fund of £100k to the first caller to answer 😳😳

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Yup, after stalling and twisting and turning as long as they can. But you can start to see different people and organisations slowly starting to speak up.

Yeah, but good ole Thanathorn is still in high heavy hot water for speaking up. I think they are preparing the trial to chop his head off in November? I guess he falls in the grandfathers don’t mess with us rules before they were loosened up.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah, but good ole Thanathorn is still in high heavy hot water for speaking up. I think they are preparing the trial to chop his head off in November? I guess he falls in the grandfathers don’t mess with us rules before they were loosened up.  

I feel for Thanathorn. No one really understand his full motives for standing up to the regime, but on the surface he looks like a well educated and fair minded reformist. If the Thai population can’t throw their support behind someone with his vision, then I don’t think they ever will. I fear your prediction of chopping his head off could well be true. He may be another who is allowed to leave in a private jet never to return? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Helmut said:

The only effective immunity we see so far is natural immunity … used in conjunction with therapies like Ivermectin.  Look to India and the states of Uttar Pradesh.

Yes and no.

..... and just 'no'.