T20 Cricket World Cup

Smithydog

Well, the Cricket T20 World cup is on us again with the early games starting in just under 3 hours. Who will lift the trophy this time around?

https://www.t20worldcup.com/

The debutants, Paua New Guinea, will be first up as the group stage gets underway to determine the final 2 places in the Super 12. Who will progress?

Their opposition will be Oman, the co-hosts, and relative newcomers as well, having competed previously about 5 years ago.

Sri Lanka and Bangladesh head the picks to take the final 2 spots with England and India topping the bookmakers odds to reach the final.

Common the Aussies!

• Like 2

I like the 20/20 World Cup because I don’t really mind who wins. And it’s a true “world” cup with all the extra teams. 

Neither Australia nor NZ have ever won it, so would be good to see one of them get up. Hopefully Bangladesh and Afghanistan can stick it to a couple of the big boys too.

Now, how can we watch it online?

• Like 1

All the following according to the list from:

https://sportscentre4u.com/icc-t20-world-cup-2021-live-streaming-tv-channels-world-cup-2021-live-streaming/

ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Live Streaming Online –Broadcasters | TV Channel

ICC T20 World Cup Cricket 2021 live streaming online and watch t20 world cup live channel list in India and for other countries. Watch T20 World Cup Cricket matches stream online on your digital devices at Star Sports TV Channels Network and other tv channels. You can find ICC T20 World Cup 2021 Schedule, Live Streaming and Live TV Telecast List here

• Star Sports 1 HD, Star Sports 1 Hindi, Star Sports 1 HD English & Hotstar (India)
  • Willow TV, Hotstar (United States of America: USA)
  • Sky Sports TV (United Kingdom:UK, Ireland, Wales, Scotland)
  • GTV, BTV, Maasranga (Bangladesh)
  • ESPN TV, Digicel (Caribbean)
  • Fox Sports, Channel 9 (Australia)
  • PTV Sports, Ten Sports (Pakistan)
  • Radio Television Afghanistan, Moby TV (Afghanistan)
  • Fox Sports NZ (New Zealand)
  • Super Sport (South Africa Regions)
  • Star Cricket, PCCW, Now TV (Singapore, Malaysia & Hong Kong)
  • ESPN TV, Digicel (Caribbean): Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts, St. Lucia,  Anguilla, Barbados, Antigua & Barbuda, Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada
  • BeIN Sport, OSN Rights (MENA): UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Yemen, Oman, Lebanon, Libya
  • YuppTV (SEA): Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Laos, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei, Myanmar, Timor-Leste
  • YuppTV (Europe): Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Hungary, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, Norway, Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland  and all european countries.
  • YuppTV (SA): Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Paraguay, Uruguay, French Guiana, Suriname, Venezuela, Peru

• Like 1

I can’t see Japan anywhere in there 😡

Osaka has a couple of good Indian restaurants and bars that stream live cricket, but unfortunately I’m stuck in a fishing village until December and nada.

2 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Well, the Cricket T20 World cup is on us again with the early games starting in just under 3 hours. Who will lift the trophy this time around?

https://www.t20worldcup.com/

The debutants, Paua New Guinea, will be first up as the group stage gets underway to determine the final 2 places in the Super 12. Who will progress?

Their opposition will be Oman, the co-hosts, and relative newcomers as well, having competed previously about 5 years ago.

Sri Lanka and Bangladesh head the picks to take the final 2 spots with England and India topping the bookmakers odds to reach the final.

Common the Aussies!

Of course I would England to win but I will put my money on New Zealand. So there guys, now I have said that then with my luck you should  pick any other team 😂 Good job this is not a full 5 day test series with PNG playing as the opposing teams could be a few players short  after the lunch and tea intervals 😂

1 hour ago, Smithydog said:

Found this in another article:

Europe and Japan will be streaming the matches on the ICC’s Facebook page.

https://www.sportsunfold.com/icc-t20-world-cup-2021-tv-channel-list/

Thank you @Smithydog

Have searched around but can’t get a live stream. Oman vs PNG would be interesting. A lot of sites doing ball by ball, and YouTube live audio commentary in Hindi…

Incidentally, PNG 2/41 batting first after 6 overs.

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Thank you @Smithydog

Have searched around but can’t get a live stream. Oman vs PNG would be interesting. A lot of sites doing ball by ball, and YouTube live audio commentary in Hindi…

Incidentally, PNG 2/41 batting first after 6 overs.

2/41 is that number of servings from 2 people ? Sorry 😆

Group Results

Scotland 140/9 off 20 overs beat Bangladesh 134/7off 20 overs.

Oman 131/0 off 13.4 overs beat Papua New Guinea 129/9 off 20 overs.

Up next today, Ireland vs Netherlands and Sri Lanka vs Namibia (My tips in bold)

Warm Up Matches (Super 12)

Afghanistan vs South Africa

Pakistan vs West Indies

New Zealand vs Australia

England vs India

• Like 1

I’m going to put a different spin on this and highlight the teams I hope win.

😁😎

Ireland vs Netherlands

Sri Lanka vs Namibia

Afghanistan vs South Africa

Pakistan vs West Indies

New Zealand vs Australia

England vs India

18 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

😁😎

I

Part of mine is hope too! My brain keeps telling me to pick New Zealand over Australia, but I have too much ingrained sporting resistance to support my brain in this case...ha ha

England and India I couldn't really split and will depend if they go full strength or rest a few plays (eg India IPL final players). At full strength and in form I really think they will be the likely finalists, and based on consistent form,  although you never know with some of the others.😀

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

England and India I couldn't really split and will depend if they go full strength or rest a few plays (eg India IPL final players). At full strength and in form I really think they will be the likely finalists, and based on consistent form,  although you never know with some of the others.😀

I’d love to see one of the underdogs make a run. There’s bound to be at least one huge upset somewhere along the line… I wonder where it will come from.

• Like 1

With the draw in the Super 12 Format, Group 1 will be the interesting one. The top 4 in that group, on their day, are all realistic chances of winning with England likely at the head. But the second Group looks to have two clear likely leaders in India and New Zealand.

image.png.e119cca7f2db05cd94e01cbb187f1723.png

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

I’d love to see one of the underdogs make a run. There’s bound to be at least one huge upset somewhere along the line… I wonder where it will come from.

Seems a good point. I'll kick it off and say South Africa will cause an upset. I have no basis at all for that, it's just I couldn't spell Afguinestan 😂

1 minute ago, Smithydog said:

With the draw in the Super 12 Format, Group 1 will be the interesting one. The top 4 in that group, on their day, are all realistic chances of winning with England likely at the head. But the second Group looks to have two clear likely leaders in India and New Zealand.

image.png.e119cca7f2db05cd94e01cbb187f1723.png

Group 1 is a real doozy, especially with Sri Lanka (likely A1) and Bangladesh (likely B2) still to come. 

Scotland and Ireland will probably go into Group 2.

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Seems a good point. I'll kick it off and say South Africa will cause an upset. I have no basis at all for that, it's just I couldn't spell Afguinestan 😂

I’m sure that’ll ‘upset’ a few people in Kabul, Gummy 😂

I think the Group games are pretty wide open and teams can lose a game and still be in to make it. Oman surprised me last night as Papua New Guinea have been playing well. Scotland still has a quite a few in the English leagues so get a high standard level of play during the year.

I still feel that Bangladesh will come through. Their form against more highly rated teams has been very good so they know what is needed. Close game so hard to read too much into it. Likely though their consistency and experience will help them over some of the other teams.

Oman batted well but thought Papua New Guinea's bowlers were a bit rusty. Maqsood bowled well and with the openers" bating secured a great first up win.

Not sure how much game time the other 3 teams have actually had recently unlike Scotland who probably benefited from more recent games in the English summer.

3 hours ago, BigHewer said:

😁😎

Ireland vs Netherlands

Sri Lanka vs Namibia

Afghanistan vs South Africa

Pakistan vs West Indies

New Zealand vs Australia

England vs India

Afghanistan have a really good chance of pulling the Afg vs SA one off mainly because of Rashid Khan. And I also have a feeling that the Afghan Bowlers will be more suited on that pitch. 

I really don't understand why Faf Du Plessis has been left out of the South African squad. Did he retire from playing T20 for South Africa.

Hitting the runs he did in the IPL would have made him an automatic choice I would have thought.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Hameem said:

Afghanistan have a really good chance of pulling the Afg vs SA one off mainly because of Rashid Khan. And I also have a feeling that the Afghan Bowlers will be more suited on that pitch. 

Nabi still going around as well, should be a good game 👍🏻

33 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I really don't understand why Faf Du Plessis has been left out of the South African squad. Did he retire from playing T20 for South Africa.

Hitting the runs he did in the IPL would have made him an automatic choice I would have thought.

I just had a look at the SA squad and I only recognize three names. I must be way out of the loop…

Young team. Did ok against the West Indies except batting is their weakness and hence why Faf would be such an asset for them.

Apparently they couldn't come to terms with him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Young team. Did ok against the West Indies except batting is their weakness and hence why Faf would be such an asset for them.

Ireland and the Netherlands just duked it out. A few gray hairs in both line ups. No young teams here.

Stirling and O’Brien still going around for Ireland and ten Doeschate still the “key man” for the Netherlands. Wasn’t he their key man 15 or 20 years ago when he broke out for Essex?