T20 Cricket World Cup

Smithydog

10 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Half forward flanker… no idea what that entails. Similar to a wing back in football? So you are a Ben Chilwell type player? Decent… I do recall two inebriated chaps in a bar Alice Springs in 1998 trying to recruit me as a “ruck man” for their club game, whatever that means.

BH. I will definitely pay even more respect. Ruckmen are the big fellas that tap the ball into play and front up at center bounces. May I now call you Sir BH.

wrt wingers Aussie rules wingers are similar to soccer but we have 18 players on the field. Half forward and full forward lines attack. Half back and full back lines defend. Centermen and wingers do both. Ruckmen, Followers and Rovers are the poor buggers that do everything.

Now that I've confused my mates its back to the cricket. Dwayne Bravo just lost his wicket. Kieron Pollard the danger man. Nice bloke too.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

I have got many chinks. If you look at Tiktok you will find many on there to, lovely ladies 😉

After following your thread on those cracking Pattaya sheilas I have no doubt.

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

Ruckmen, Followers and Rovers are the poor buggers that do everything.

A ruck man does everything? Bugger. That means I’m James Milner. Right. Back to the cricket 🏏😁

• Haha 1

Pollard smashed it around a bit and lifted beyond what I thought it was going to be.

West Indies have set Australia a target of 158 with a last ball 6 to boost the score higher. Now over to the Aussies to see if they are worthy of a semi final chance.

Nice send off by all the players to Dwayne Bravo who is retiring. Great career.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Smithydog said:

Pollard smashed it around a bit and lifted beyond what I thought it was going to be.

West Indies have set Australia a target of 158 with a last ball 6 to boost the score higher. Now over to the Aussies to see if they are worthy of a semi final chance.

Well they came back to make it entertaining

4 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Agreed. On all counts.

5 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

I saw Dwayne Bravo at Queen’s Park Oval in 2005 when he was just starting out. Walking towards the entrance from the player’s area. People approached him but he waved them off. One elderly lady chastised him with something like: “you’ll need some manners if you want to play for the West Indies”. No reaction.🙁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigHewer said:

I saw Dwayne Bravo at Queen’s Park Oval in 2005 when he was just starting out. Walking towards the entrance from the player’s area. People approached him but he waved them off. One elderly lady chastised him with something like: “you’ll need some manners if you want to play for the West Indies”. No reaction.🙁

He kept the pleasantries for after the game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Aussies going for NRR boost in case SA roll England. Smart.

Davey Warner was brilliant!! Maxi walked out to the middle and didn't face a ball.

Mixed emotion about Glen Maxwell though. I rate him highly and love the reverse sweep shot but the bugger is that many lads in the Sheffield shield (our local version of county cricket) and OD fellas are trying to mimic this shot and are getting out bowled and lbw because they don't have Glen Maxwell's skill.

Apart from Alex Carey (South Aussiewicket keeper and ODI wickie) that seems to play it OK.

England v South Africa will be a good game but I still think the Poms are the goods.

Have a good night BH.

• Like 2

Good win to the Aussies. Did what they had to and now over to South Africa.

Bit of an early blow as England are fielding. Makes it harder for South Africa to take control of the run rate difference. Might be too big of a gap to make up against such a strong English side.

Just had a look down the English side. That is one good and powerful group of T20 players, with options a plenty for the Captain to use. Good bowling balance and powerful hitters.

Congrats and respect to England. They have built a great squad of players over the last few years.

• Like 1

Tonight’s game is a big one. 
New Zealand vs Afghanistan

Kiwis win, they’re through no matter what happens. Lose and they’re gone.

If Afghanistan win big, they’re through. If it’s a narrow or moderate margin, India are through. 

The kiwis should have enough to hold off the Afghans.

• Like 1

Solid win by the Aussies last night. Best batting from SA in the tournament and certainly made it interesting for a while for England. Their loss of Roy retried hurt and the Buttler cheaply were telling blows.

So, Group 1 finishes with England on top, with Australia in second and qualifying for the next stage.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Solid win by the Aussies last night. Best batting from SA in the tournament and certainly made it interesting for a while for England. Their loss of Roy retried hurt and the Buttler cheaply were telling blows.

So, Group 1 finishes with England on top, with Australia in second and qualifying for the next stage.

So it could well be Eng v Aus in final ?

In just over an hour, we will see the Afghanistan vs New Zealand game begin. For the Kiwis it is simple. Win the game. Doesn't matter how fast etc, just simply win and Group 2 is finalised.

On the other hand, Afghanistan need to win and win well if they are to qualify for the finals as India is looming over them.

My tip is New Zealand.

In the second game tonight, Pakistan will look to be the only unbeaten team in the Super 12s if they beat Scotland. With their position already secured at the top of Group 2 and knowing they will now face the Aussies, don't be surprised if they take the opportunity to try out some different tactics as I am sure their preparation now is all about Australia. Can Scotland take advantage of this (and any tips they picked up in the Indian dressing room the other night)?

https://sports.ndtv.com/icc-t20-world-cup-2021/spirit-of-cricket-scotland-players-visit-team-india-team-dressing-room-after-t20-world-cup-match-watch-2600931

• Like 2

Looking ahead, the automatic qualifiers for the next T20 World Cup Super 12 have been decided following Australia's win over the West Indies. These are based on the T20 world rankings as at the 15/11 but with the only games scheduled not affecting the results, these can be revealed now. 

Eight teams automatically qualify due to their standings as follows:

Australia, England, India, Pakistan, New Zealand, South Africa, Afghanistan and Bangladesh.

The remaining teams West Indies, Sri Lanka, Scotland and Namibia will qualify for the Group round and compete against group qualifiers from those teams fighting off in preliminary rounds.

https://www.t20worldcup.com/news/2340333

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gummy said:

Dreaming 😂

With every world cup the last four are the in form sides. What if its the Kiwis and Pakis slugging it out for the blessed hunk of metal? Nostradamus spends more time on his arse than his feet picking winners.

I still reckon the Poms will make the final. England look good and a narrow loss to South Africa isn't exactly shameful.

I'm rubbing my palms together with the prospect of choosing a winner with my mate BH🤣🍺😆

P.S:Like the way you handle the troll. I'd say another standing eight count.

So the final group games have ended with Pakistan accounting for Scotland and India beating Namibia with the game being Kohli's last as Indian T20 skipper. Not the way I am sue he wanted to go out on.

So the final Super 12 group standings look like this:

image.png.55dbb68bc20e779b7a12bf6440f60994.png

https://www.t20worldcup.com/standings

England will play New Zealand tomorrow for a place in Sunday's final and Pakistan will play Australia on Thursday for the other final place. Both should be good games.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

So the final group games have ended with Pakistan accounting for Scotland and India beating Namibia with the game being Kohli's last as Indian T20 skipper. Not the way I am sue he wanted to go out on.

So the final Super 12 group standings look like this:

image.png.55dbb68bc20e779b7a12bf6440f60994.png

https://www.t20worldcup.com/standings

England will play New Zealand tomorrow for a place in Sunday's final and Pakistan will play Australia on Thursday for the other final place. Both should be good games.

England v NZ and Pakistan v Australia anybody. England v Pakistan for the final? Sorry antipodeans!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1