News Forum - 10 provinces on Ministry of Public Health Covid-19 watchlist

Thaiger

After surges in local Covid-19 infections, the Ministry of Public Health has added 10 provinces to its watchlist to be closely monitored. The 4 Deep South provinces of Narathiwat, Pattani, Songkhla, and Yala were added to the list, as well as Chanthaburi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Ratchaburi, Rayong, and Tak. While some provinces have already implemented their own tighter Covid-19 safety measures, the ministry will attack the surge of Covid-19 by increasing rapid testing, pushing vaccination programmes, and creating a containment plan to stop the spread. The ministry has also requested the CCSA assist in creating forward command centres […]

The story 10 provinces on Ministry of Public Health Covid-19 watchlist as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

37 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

With 2.8 million Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines planned to be delivered to the problematic provinces on October 19, authorities plan to dole out supplies each week and bring vaccination levels up. 

Pointless distributing Sinovac when people are simply not going to take it.

At some stage they have to accept that, whatever the kickbacks and profit, nobody wants it.

• Like 3

Article Quote: With 2.8 million Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines planned to be delivered to the problematic provinces on October 19, authorities plan to dole out supplies each week and bring vaccination levels up. An additional nearly 700,000 Sinovac vaccines are set to be distributed to 17 provinces that will reopen to international tourism on November 1.

Unrelenting pushing their jab agenda of what the majority of folk do not wish to have is sacrilegious. The only thing problematic here is their vaccine agenda and how they botched allowing and procuring decent vaccines from the get go. Problematic is the people obviously holding on to the power.

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Article Quote: With 2.8 million Sinovac and AstraZeneca vaccines planned to be delivered to the problematic provinces on October 19, authorities plan to dole out supplies each week and bring vaccination levels up. An additional nearly 700,000 Sinovac vaccines are set to be distributed to 17 provinces that will reopen to international tourism on November 1.

Unrelenting pushing their jab agenda of what the majority of folk do not wish to have is sacrilegious. The only thing problematic here is their vaccine agenda and how they botched allowing and procuring decent vaccines from the get go. Problematic is the people obviously holding on to the power.

1) Sinovac is for the 1st jab and gives NO protection against the Delta variant. Some protection will start 2-3 weeks after the second jab (being AZ). 

2) If delivery is on 19 October, that's already far too late for 1 November opening as the vaccines won't be in arms then yet.

3) Many will still refuse Sinovac as they know that first jab doesn't protect them at all. 

All-in-all 1 November is not a safe date to open the country.

I'd have preferred an open approach with proper help for the community. But failing that, with all the dithering and changing, I am hoping that the government know it's a bad idea to open the country soon and is just stalling and keeping it difficult to do.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

1) Sinovac is for the 1st jab and gives NO protection against the Delta variant. Some protection will start 2-3 weeks after the second jab (being AZ). 

2) If delivery is on 19 October, that's already far too late for 1 November opening as the vaccines won't be in arms then yet.

3) Many will still refuse Sinovac as they know that first jab doesn't protect them at all. 

I'd have preferred an open approach with proper help for the community. But failing that, with all the dithering and changing, I am hoping that the government know it's a bad idea to open the country soon and is just stalling and keeping it difficult to do.

I think the only bad idea they will have in their mouth is no kickbacks and having to be forced to produce real numbers and take the blame for their failures. People don't want the CCP garbage because they know exactly what it is, garbage. No one wants to put any vaccine into their bodies, but if they must then there ought to be a choice. Free of cost or not it is all the same. Funny as even today in the news you see the CCP is trying their hardest to stop any further intricate investigation from where and how the virus came to be. Why do countries want to reward a false gift bearing group is beyond me.

• Like 2

When I went for my second AZ vaccine 2 weeks ago, a woman next to me actually asked for sinovac!.. when outside waiting for any reactions I asked, why she wanted sinovac? she said she travelled here to Thailand on a certificate saying she had recovered from covid.. she wanted to go to China so needs sinovac and knew Thailand were giving it free !

Edited by Malc-Thai

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

No need to worry about tourist arrivals Bob, they're not coming. The Thai government in my view don't want them, as evidenced by the tweeking and continued restrictions. Totally not welcoming for mass tourism.

As for the locals, the government don't care what they shove into their arms it could be tap water, as they don't care about them either.

• Thanks 2

The tourist areas, particularly those areas where the borders can be well controlled are the best places to focus on for the vaccination effort in order to bring back international tourists. That would provide economic relief for the Thai in those provinces and areas. It can be at least a step in a positive direction that will bring good results quickly as those arriving from overseas have been tested and vaccinated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

No need to worry about tourist arrivals Bob, they're not coming. The Thai government in my view don't want them, as evidenced by the tweeking and continued restrictions. Totally not welcoming for mass tourism.

As for the locals, the government don't care what they shove into their arms it could be tap water, as they don't care about them either.

This was posted today by my thai friend.. if you look at this list some are European country's which I belive Thailand being on the EU red list on return have to quarantine..China can't travel, NZ can't travel so its hardly pushing for tourists! had a conversation with a friendly member on here about this, it does look as though they just waving flags to get moral up in the country, but with the restrictions not really trying to encourage tourist but can say yes tourists can come !

Screenshot_20211017-145211_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1