Do I need Thai-based Covid ins. on a 90 day Non O 'marriage' visa?

Tanuki

The title of this post sez it all really... I've read reports that with some Non O visas the Covid Insurance by a Thai based company is not mandatory..?

I'm planning a 90 day trip (& gonna use my flight voucher issued by Emirates)... So maybe I can use the free Emirates policy if they allow it to be used in conjunction with their vouchers..?  Or maybe I must purchase a Thai-policy to cover the $100,000 requirement...?  OR..Is there no requirement on Non O's based on marriage..?

My preferred choice would be a UK-based policy covering all general aspects of health cover, including my heart condition, plus Covid cover.

Many thanks in advance for snippets of useful info.

1 hour ago, Tanuki said:

The title of this post sez it all really... I've read reports that with some Non O visas the Covid Insurance by a Thai based company is not mandatory..?

I'm planning a 90 day trip (& gonna use my flight voucher issued by Emirates)... So maybe I can use the free Emirates policy if they allow it to be used in conjunction with their vouchers..?  Or maybe I must purchase a Thai-policy to cover the $100,000 requirement...?  OR..Is there no requirement on Non O's based on marriage..?

My preferred choice would be a UK-based policy covering all general aspects of health cover, including my heart condition, plus Covid cover.

Right now all foreign non-Thai arrivals require COVID insurance. A Thai-based company is not mandated, only the coverage level. The Emirates insurance is reported to work. My policy is from a broker in Spain (I'm coming from the US) and has been accepted for entry twice now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 7:43 PM, Tanuki said:

In February, my unlimited insurance was still denied because nowhere did it say that the coverage was $100,000. The argumentation that 100.000 USD are included in unlimited led to nothing...