News Forum - Krabi tourism businesses not thrilled about Thailand’s reopening

Thaiger

A prominent local tourism operator in Krabi is speaking out, saying the tourism businesses in Krabi don’t like or want the reopening Thailand has planned for November 1. He asserts that interest from tourists, businesses that can afford to reopen, and vaccinations among locals are all lacking. The operator said that despite the government’s rosy predictions, he fears that not as many international travellers will be flocking to Thailand in its current state. With bars and activities banned, along with many small businesses closed either temporarily or permanently, there’s not much to attract tourists in any meaningful numbers to Krabi. […]

The story Krabi tourism businesses not thrilled about Thailand’s reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This is an excellent article and very relevant when it comes to opening up Krabi.

The province is stunning and with the end of the rainy season coming blue skies await but not necessarily good times. This local tourist operators openness and honesty has taken the lid off a can of worms.

If nightlife and water sports suffer. Krabi suffers.

This person has far more common sense than many in the TAT. I hope that the powers at be listen to his simple but wise words.

• Like 7

It would good, if the Thaiger, emailed the comments section of this forum, to the PM directly.

He would see for himself, that comment after comment, is totally unimpressed by his governments handling of tourism and plans for reopening. 

The Thaiger should request a no holes barred interview with him everyday until it draws a satisfactory result, the result of any such request should be printed, so that his intransigence is put on display. If successful, he could then be put on a hook, and an attempt to hold his feet to the fire be made. Never mind this saving face crap.

They should also petition He who must not be spoken of.

These people want showing up for the incompetent, privileged leaches that they are.

Oh, I've just woken up and found me head my cornflakes, nice dream.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, BIGGLES said:

It would good, if the Thaiger, emailed the comments section of this forum, to the PM directly.

He would see for himself, that comment after comment, is totally unimpressed by his governments handling of tourism and plans for reopening. 

The Thaiger should request a no holes barred interview with him everyday until it draws a satisfactory result, the result of any such request should be printed, so that his intransigence is put on display. If successful, he could then be put on a hook, and an attempt to hold his feet to the fire be made. Never mind this saving face crap.

These people want showing up for the incompetent, privileged leaches that they are.

Hold on, after the first request, all of us would see this onscreen:

Error 404, website not found.

🥴

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BIGGLES said:

Sending our comments to the PM  be more of a nightmare Biggles we would all be deported.....🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Sending our comments to the PM  be more of a nightmare Biggles we would all be deported.....🤣🤣🤣

They're a Bunch of bloody of numbn nuts!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

Agreed. What better way to make a government aware and up to date than by litening to the voice of the people. After all. Isn't that what it is there for???

• Haha 1

Agree, if you invite tourists, you can't continue all the lockdown restrictions. If they decide to come, they expect some entertainment for the money they pay and time they spend. So let's hope everybody who thinks the vaccine makes sense, gets it, and then back to normal life.

• Like 1

Went to Krabi in July after fhe Phuket Sandbox. Admittedly it rained a fair bit, but the whole area was a ghost town. I feel sorry for the business owners. 

Just now, DWiener said:

Went to Krabi in July after fhe Phuket Sandbox. Admittedly it rained a fair bit, but the whole area was a ghost town. I feel sorry for the business owners. 

I agree, but can you tell us what you thought of being there? See, I think that getting lots of tourists to come and find Thailand basically closed, will not be a great experience and bad PR. Much better to get the vaccinations done, so that everything can open up confidently and then get the tourists back.

But maybe you disagree and had a great time after all? I'm interested.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The operator said that despite the government’s rosy predictions, he fears that not as many international travellers will be flocking to Thailand in its current state.

Reality!!!??? In Thailand???!!! Put this guy in charge.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BIGGLES said:

Don't worry we're   they're reading them already.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Reality!!!??? In Thailand???!!! Put this guy in charge.

Unfortunately James this guys grasp on reality is what will preclude him from any post of power in Thailand. Sadly They only seem to want confusion and disorder.

• Like 1

This doesn’t surprise me one bit. Businesses and nightlife need to be open for tourists to come. Tourists aren’t coming to Thailand to breathe the air and drink a beer in their hotel room. 

• Like 4

Can’t blame them. They already know November will be a trickle at best. Makes sense to not spend a bunch of money to open now and wait for tourists that are a month or two away. 

• Like 1

70% is insufficient or all people over 50 and younger people who are vulnerable to COVID.

30% of unvaccinated is enough to clog hospitals quickly.

• Like 1

This guy makes total sense. I hope he keeps on trying to ruffle the dodo stooges feathers. I round bet that if Keanu goes off the Covid rails and people die then I am sure they really don’t want his thorn in their sides. 

Don't forget everyone commenting on this feed will be subject to deportation and 10 year ban on arrival, for critcising the Thai government, ALLEGEDLY. 

Here is the thing the tourist is  double vaccinated and tested before and on arrival if that standard is not good enough to open what is ?, After all catching it from these tourist is remote at best sure you can wait to have 80% vaccination but can the people survive until that happens.  What is driving all this is irrational fear you want to stay locked up fine just hope the Government support can continue where other countries open up Thailand keeps losing ground to them. Even the COE changes is brand name change with some tweaks at best and will not produce the numbers estimated.

• Like 1

A Rosy out look by the Government with limits on beer and restaurants, id still come to Thailand if given the chance as im sure the environment needs a break from the Tourist onslaught.

With the cash flow ceasing to the business owners I often wonder how and who will survive the Covid fallout. Im Fully vaxxed and am hoping to travel to Thailand again next year. Really needing a holiday!!

He is 100% correct, With bars and activities banned, along with many small businesses closed either temporarily or permanently, there’s not much to attract tourists in any meaningful numbers to Krabi or [Thailand], do they think young people who want to have fun are going to flock to Thailand with no bars or nightlife when they open [dream on], the only one's you might see are the average family mummy,daddy and their kids that sit and build sandcastles all day that's all i see coming here,still not many at that.

• Like 1