English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

17 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

4. Maintain the current system, but you can only nominate each winner and each loser once per cycle.

Good homework, there, @BigHewer!    #4 is my choice. Could get really brain-taxing as the game-weeks pass and the weaker clubs become less available as banker bets.

I don't want to get too heavily invested in this, but apart from my earlier reservations, it occurs to me that if you give players extra lives, it will delay the awarding of bonus points for the LPS.

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

I don't want to get too heavily invested in this, but apart from my earlier reservations, it occurs to me that if you give players extra lives, it will delay the awarding of bonus points for the LPS.

Fair enough John. Simple is best at the end of the day. Hopefully this next cycle will give us our first LPS!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

Good homework, there, @BigHewer!    #4 is my choice. Could get really brain-taxing as the game-weeks pass and the weaker clubs become less available as banker bets.

I've just realised that I do not understand that point. Do you mean that if (eg) I nominate Pool to beat Norwich, and I am right, I can no longer select Pool to win, or Norwich to lose? 

If I have understood it correctly, I like the idea insofar as it will speed the sequences up, but I'd have to come up with another table to show which losers a player has already picked. 

16 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Fair enough John. Simple is best at the end of the day. Hopefully this next cycle will give us our first LPS!

If that's your final decision then I am OK with it, but I don't want to shut the debate down because I am opposed to the proposed changes. 

38 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I've just realised that I do not understand that point. Do you mean that if (eg) I nominate Pool to beat Norwich, and I am right, I can no longer select Pool to win, or Norwich to lose? 

If I have understood it correctly, I like the idea insofar as it will speed the sequences up, but I'd have to come up with another table to show which losers a player has already picked. 

That gets a 'yes' to your top question . . . once used, either as a winner or a loser, that's it - you cannot use them again.

Re the need to 'show' the 'victim' or loser team picks, how about just relying on player-fairness and honesty. Every player will know which loser clubs they've used, as will we all, if we 'go snooping' into player and PL fixture history, should that unlikely need arise; i.e. ask all players to manage their loser selections themselves, either on a scrap of notepaper or whatever. Another 'nice' feature of LPS . . . maybe 😏

or, in each of the cells on the selections table, insert the loser team abbreviation after the number, e.g. 9 Nor, 10 Wat, 11 New, etc.

4 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

That gets a 'yes' to your top question . . . once used, either as a winner or a loser, that's it - you cannot use them again.

Re the need to 'show' the 'victim' or loser team picks, how about just relying on player-fairness and honesty. Every player will know which loser clubs they've used, as will we all, if we 'go snooping' into player and PL fixture history, should that unlikely need arise; i.e. ask all players to manage their loser selections themselves, either on a scrap of notepaper or whatever. Another 'nice' feature of LPS . . . maybe 😏

Thanks for your reply. Please don't misunderstand me, I can make it work, but because one person only uses Libre, it becomes much more difficult. 

I do see a problem with the suggested format insofar that it is possible, but highly unlikely, to be unable to make a selection 10 weeks into a sequence. Somewhere in our ranks, there must be someone capable of going beyond two weeks (hahaha)

18 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I do see a problem with the suggested format insofar that it is possible, but highly unlikely, to be unable to make a selection 10 weeks into a sequence.

Ah, a wee misunderstanding there. All 20 clubs can be used as both winners and losers, so your above fears wouldn't apply. Each player would have, in theory at least, the full 20-week cycle in which to fully exploit their 20 winners and 20 losers choices.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ah, a wee misunderstanding there. All 20 clubs can be used as both winners and losers, so your above fears wouldn't apply. Each player would have, in theory at least, the full 20-week cycle in which to fully exploit their 20 winners and 20 losers choices.

Thanks. I get it now.

• Cool 1

Just when you think the bankers will come in the merchant bankers flump it .. The blue side of Manchester and the red half of Merseyside I'm referring to of course .. who'd have thought that .. Arsenal will be needing oxygen if they carry on this strange habit of winning .. Saints pee'd on the Watford revival so I Claudius had better watch his back with 2 losses from his first 3 in charge .. Xisco got sworded after 7 so Claudio may be nearing half way thru his reign already .. East end bado's West Aahm villified the Villans abit earlier and No more Nuno at Spurs shortly scream tomorrows paper's after yesterday's shambles against the red contingent of Manchester who had a shiny looking Ronniealdo back and in super prancing form no less .. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Just when you think the bankers will come in the merchant bankers flump it .. The blue side of Manchester and the red half of Merseyside I'm referring to of course .. who'd have thought that .. Arsenal will be needing oxygen if they carry on this strange habit of winning .. Saints pee'd on the Watford revival so I Claudius had better watch his back with 2 losses from his first 3 in charge .. Xisco got sworded after 7 so Claudio may be nearing half way thru his reign already .. East end bado's West Aahm villified the Villans abit earlier and No more Nuno at Spurs shortly scream tomorrows paper's after yesterday's shambles against the red contingent of Manchester who had a shiny looking Ronniealdo back and in super prancing form no less .. 

Quality work, @DedinbedA lot more interesting than the BBC review! 😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The price was on the ticket of the Watford job so when the chop comes Claudio can give it a bit of panto  " infamy , infamy the Watford board have got it infamy " .. 

• Haha 1

No surprise after the rather disjointed display by Spurs against M U that NES has been tintacked this morning .. probably the wrong fit for Spurs from day 1 but that is planet Prem' League for you ..  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

No surprise after the rather disjointed display by Spurs against M U that NES has been tintacked this morning .. probably the wrong fit for Spurs from day 1 but that is planet Prem' League for you ..  

With Nuno gone, I feel so much better today.

Interesting that Nuno was given a two year contract, and now Conte, who is undoubtedly a class manager, is only being offered 18 months. Both contract expiries would coincide the expiry of Poch's current term with PSG. Does anyone else think that maybe Daniel Levy recognises the big mistake he made in sacking Poch?

• Cool 2

I've now been informed that everyone can read Excel, so I will not be posting in that format again.

Have we decided on what alterations we want to the current rules if any? I'd like to know by Thursday or sooner, in case is impractical for the league tables.

14 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Have we decided on what alterations we want to the current rules if any? I'd like to know by Thursday or sooner, in case is impractical for the league tables.

Good morning, @JohninDubin!  I understood earlier that you'd liaise with @BigHewerfor his considered view on the rules issue, having already seen the @Faz'3-lives' proposal and my 'Victims once only' idea.

Cheers!

KC

14 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

I've now been informed that everyone can read Excel, so I will not be posting in that format again.

We’ve had input from @Faz, @Slacker77and @King Cottonon possible format changes. Anyone else? I think there would need to be a consensus before introducing a change. 

Maybe run through another cycle and then repost the proposed changes and see if any of the options get wide support.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Good morning, @JohninDubin!  I understood earlier that you'd liaise with @BigHewerfor his considered view on the rules issue, having already seen the @Faz'3-lives' proposal and my 'Victims once only' idea.

Cheers!

KC

Yes, I think those are the best two possible changes if one were to be made down the track.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Wolves chewed up the toffee's to move upto 7th tonight ..  

Morning, @Dedinbed!  My 'Sad' reaction only reflects the fact that, under the '10-clubs each' rule that my son and I play by, Wolves are one of his, whilst The Toffees are one of mine . . . a rule that occasionally gives us a wee slap on the chops 🙀!

• Cool 1