English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

32 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Updated table attached.

At time of writing, the cut-off for the next round is 11.30 GMT New Year's Day. I am waiting for selections from @King Cotton@spicy_girl@Marble-eye@snapdragon and @Faz 

Please be aware that I will be on holiday from NYD, and that I may be unable to enter all picks before the cut-off time. Don't worry if I do not enter your pick before I leave. As long as the time-stamp on your choice is before the cut-off time, it will be entered as valid once I can get my laptop open.

Happy New Year to one and all.

LPS.xlsx 13.67 kB · 1 download

Leicester please John.

39 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

My pick for GW21 are THE MIGHTY SPURS

Don't all laugh at once.

What's there to laugh at John, it's a gimme, give yourself 2 points now.

Not sure about the guys that chose Leeds though, although I wish them all the best.🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

So if all the upcoming matches are ties, does the universe begin to fracture?

It may well, or it may be a sign of the apocalypse. 

Since the first season of top flight football in 1888, there's never been a full round of draws. 🤓

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

It may well, or it may be a sign of the apocalypse. 

Since the first season of top flight football in 1888, there's never been a full round of draws. 🤓

I remember in the days of the "Football Pools" and all games were played at 3.00 PM on a Saturday in season 66/7, 8 of the 11 Division 1 games ended in draws. I think the payout that week for the 24 pts "jackpot" was under £5. That was at a time when if you scooped the pool, you might win £300k.

In those days an often asked question was, "What would you do if you won the pools"? The National Lottery killed off that convo.

I found this: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/may/04/most-drawtastic-day-in-football-history

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Updated table attached.

At time of writing, the cut-off for the next round is 11.30 GMT New Year's Day. I am waiting for selections from @King Cotton@spicy_girl@Marble-eye@snapdragon and @Faz 

Please be aware that I will be on holiday from NYD, and that I may be unable to enter all picks before the cut-off time. Don't worry if I do not enter your pick before I leave. As long as the time-stamp on your choice is before the cut-off time, it will be entered as valid once I can get my laptop open.

Happy New Year to one and all.

LPS.xlsx 13.67 kB · 3 downloads

Leeds for me, please John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

The new manager that Man U have got seems to be inspiring the Old Trafford crowd. Will soon be dominating as they did a few years back. Smashed The Clarets last night and they only did 5 dodgy tackles. Next match is a real soft one; Wolves. At home too.

So it's got to be United for the next round please John.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Gutsy selection KC.
Tough one to call, both Leeds and Burnley competing to stave of relegation.

A tough call indeed, but with what's still left on my plate offering the BRE vs AST and the SOU vs NEW games as feasible alternative picks, I just had that gut feeling that both Saints and Villa may come 'unstuck' . . . I sure hope so 🤔!

My big worry, now, is that with both Leeds and Burnley being involved in 2 and 3 postponed matches respectively, this Sunday's game may also be a Covid victim . . . we'll soon see 🙄!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

My big worry, now, is that with both Leeds and Burnley being involved in 2 and 3 postponed matches respectively, this Sunday's game may also be a Covid victim . . . we'll soon see 🙄!

Only Leicester v Watford postponed so far that I can see.

21 minutes ago, Faz said:

Only Leicester v Watford postponed so far that I can see.

Which fixtures are you looking at there, @Faz? LEI vs NOR is already PP'd and the WAT vs TOT game is still scheduled as OK.

8 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Which fixtures are you looking at there, @Faz? LEI vs NOR is already PP'd and the WAT vs TOT game is still scheduled as OK.

Not so KC, Faz is correct, but at the time of me choosing Leicester it was still on, honest gov.

Screenshot_2021-12-31-13-30-02-053_com.incrowdsports.football.leeds.thumb.jpg.ba5754be87241427ca54578250f8a314.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Not so KC, Faz is correct, but at the time of me choosing Leicester it was still on, honest gov.

Screenshot_2021-12-31-13-30-02-053_com.incrowdsports.football.leeds.thumb.jpg.ba5754be87241427ca54578250f8a314.jpg

Mix-ups look like the order of the day, @Marble-eye, since this is what Faz posted . . .

. . . against which I proffered the actual Leicester and Watford fixtures, the Leics one being already postponed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Mix-ups look like the order of the day, @Marble-eye, since this is what Faz posted

Not only the day KC, the whole year. 🤔 I don’t know how they’re going to get through all the fixtures…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, snapdragon said:

The new manager that Man U have got seems to be inspiring the Old Trafford crowd. Will soon be dominating as they did a few years back. Smashed The Clarets last night and they only did 5 dodgy tackles. Next match is a real soft one; Wolves. At home too.

So it's got to be United for the next round please John.

Your answer reminds me of a contestant on "Who wants to be  Millionaire", justifying their decision. Is that your final answer?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Great minds think alike!

Just for once, I will concede that this is a case of "great minds think alike" rather than "Fools seldom differ"

2 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Do you want to change?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Just for once, I will concede that this is a case of "great minds think alike" rather than "Fools seldom differ"

Do you want to change?

No thanks John, I will stick with my original choice.

Edited by Marble-eye