English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

21 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

I choose-Tottenham Hotspur

7 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

can assure you, I was very sad you didn't go through to the next round.

I chose Spurs last out I think even though my affinity tends to lie more with the red end of Norf' London .. after the mighty Ironside's of Newport County that is .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

OK. I know I just got here and already the brash American is making waves and shooting off his mouth-(Its what we do...🤣) But for next season maybe the Rules Committee would consider granting points for a tie. Maybe not allowing the tie into the next round per say, but the person with the most ties can later earn a spot to get back in at some point. Something like that.

But severe weather or a Covid cancellation and get you into the next round, but a hard fought match to earn a tie does not?

No disrespect, it is just my nature to question rules.

I am holding off on that Spurs jersey for now...🤣

Thanks,

G$

American ideas? What do you mean? Surely you can't be referring to suggestions like making GK's wear pyjamas and banning injury time so that it doesn't interfere with TV ads? (hahaha).

Seriously, the comp is about predicting one winner a week. If you don't predict the winner, you don't go through to the next week. A draw or a loss automatically eliminates you. We've modified the rules so that if your prediction is postponed, you can still play on.

But you might have the kernel of a good idea there. I think it needs to be agreed by @BigHewer but we could, starting next season, have a secondary comp where there is no elimination with 2pts for a win and 1 for a draw. Possibly with enhancements for away wins and draws. That way, players could remain involved every week. They would use the same selection in both comps.

Would be grateful if anyone has a view on this. If there is demand, I could start it in February as an experiment. There will be 18 games remaining. Can't be earlier because I will only have time to collate one comp while I am on holiday. If there is sufficient interest I will circulate this to all players.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Possibly with enhancements for away wins and draws.

Now that is another interesting idea!

Thank you for the consideration.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GMoney2312 said:

Now that is another interesting idea!

Thank you for the consideration.

Well at least you aren't suggesting we can only play in Pyjamas (hahaha).

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Hi John, should I have a point from the Villa game, just checking?

Funny you should ask because I was just looking into that. Sorted. I entered some results from Skysports, and forgot that these did not include postponements.

LPS.xlsx

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

But you might have the kernel of a good idea there. I think it needs to be agreed by @BigHewer but we could, starting next season, have a secondary comp where there is no elimination with 2pts for a win and 1 for a draw. Possibly with enhancements for away wins and draws. That way, players could remain involved every week. They would use the same selection in both comps.

Something to discuss before next season for sure 👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

But you might have the kernel of a good idea there. I think it needs to be agreed by @BigHewer but we could, starting next season, have a secondary comp where there is no elimination with 2pts for a win and 1 for a draw. Possibly with enhancements for away wins and draws. That way, players could remain involved every week.

An alternative game I mentioned to BH where players participate every week..

Players predict the results, home, away, draw.
1 point for correctly predicting a home win, 2 points for an away win, 3 points for a draw.

E.G. Week No. xx

Arsenal v Brentford              1
Aston Villa v Watford            1
Brighton v Burnley                X
Crystal Palace v Chelsea      2
Leeds v Man Utd                   2
Liverpool v Norwich             1
Man City v Spurs                   1
Southampton v Everton      X
West Ham v Newcastle        1
Wolves v Leicester               X

Another game on the same theme but more of a challenge.
Predict the correct result and score.
10 points if you get the result correct (home, win, draw) + 30 bonus points for correctly predicting the exact score.

E.G. Week No. xx

Arsenal v Brentford              2-0
Aston Villa v Watford            2-1
Brighton v Burnley                1-1
Crystal Palace v Chelsea       0-2
Leeds v Man Utd                   1-3
Liverpool v Norwich             3-0
Man City v Spurs                   2-1
Southampton v Everton      1-1
West Ham v Newcastle       3-1
Wolves v Leicester               2-2

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

American ideas? What do you mean?

19 hours ago, GMoney2312 said:

Leather hip boots did cross my mind....

Actually GMoney might have a point here .. a boring 0 - 0 , 120 miles away on a freezing foggy midweek night does not effuse a feeling of entertainment .. especially when the bus gets a puncture on the journey  back .. soooo the idea of sprinkling a bit of Americana on it sounds good .. Rara girls , footlong hotdogs , big hats to hold you can's of Budweiser allowing gravity fed supping while you cheer the deafening flypast of B52's shaking the stadium to its foundations I like the sound of .. as for the game itself we could have multi ball to end boring no score games and perhaps break the game up into quarters also .. and the players could start wearing shoulder pads and crash hats to protect them from the shot by a sniper reaction when a tackle goes in .. GMoney you are onto something here Sir and we welcome more interesting input from you ..

IMG_20211230_060007.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

But do not add shoulder pads or helmets, the idiots in the NFL in America can do that. So, the match may end in a scoreless tie? Maybe some visuals to relive the pain! I can tell you one thing, binoculars sales will skyrocket!

USATSI_13738323.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Something to discuss before next season for sure 👍🏻

If you are happy, I'll put the proposal out to all members with a view to starting it experimentally, first week in Feb. There will be 18 scheduled matches remaining by then. If successful, it can be a regular addition next year.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Glad the boots got some attention- maybe this helps as well!

a81bdc1fbc4cbc70b9ea4274f4bb204b.jpg

Didn't we just close down a thread like this (hahaha)

• Haha 1

Chelski dropped 2 points right at the death in their game against Brighton increasing the chunterings and mutterings of the faithful in true Chelsea style about Tuchel .. all the while Man Cit'eh ( Trevor Sinclair accent ) squeezed out a 1 - 0 against Brentford which by their recent standards sounds quite drab but was enough to put a 8 point bit of clear water t'wixt they and Chelsea , Liverpool .. anyone gonna catch 'em now .? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Updated table attached.

At time of writing, the cut-off for the next round is 11.30 GMT New Year's Day. I am waiting for selections from @King Cotton@spicy_girl@Marble-eye@snapdragon and @Faz 

Please be aware that I will be on holiday from NYD, and that I may be unable to enter all picks before the cut-off time. Don't worry if I do not enter your pick before I leave. As long as the time-stamp on your choice is before the cut-off time, it will be entered as valid once I can get my laptop open.

Happy New Year to one and all.

LPS.xlsx

• Like 2