English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

1 hour ago, Slacker77 said:

Yes right John ,I wasn't thinking too that Wet Sham lost ;)

Good luck folks

As @BigHewerchases the Champions league places, he breathes a sigh of relief. During the meantime, the crowd are arguing among themselves. It was clearly handball, but was it deliberate or accidental? (hahaha)

• Haha 1

@GMoney2312 I see you are taking an interest in our thread. Care to join in? It's only a bit of fun, with the true Olympic ideal, "It's not the winning that counts, but the taking part" (unless you happen to taking part, hahaha).

• Like 2

18 hours ago, King Cotton said:

See you at Turf Moor, maybe, @Faz . . . just a few miles from my home town and has already had a fair dollop of snow 🏂!

Turf Moor is just 20 miles from my home town although I lived in Yorkshire.

I remember when I went to school in the 50s and the first half of the 60s that quite a few of my class mates supported Burnley, obviously linked to their fathers.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

39 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

I see you are taking an interest in our thread.

I know nothing of UK football, but willing to give it a go.

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

49 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Turf Moor is just 20 miles from my home town although I lived in Yorkshire.

That's okay . . . I'll still speak to you. I have a job remembering who're the red and white rose counties these days . . . red for Ossy, I think 🤔!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

I know nothing of UK football, but willing to give it a go.

Fairly simple: https://www.skysports.com/premier-league-fixtures is the list to pick from. The current cycle, Game-week 20, are for games played 28th-30th Dec. Pick one team from these games to win. If you are correct, or the game is postponed, you go through to the next round. Game is won when there is only one player left in the comp, then we restart.

Two points for a win. One for postponed. Last person standing gets a 5 point bonus. You can only pick a team once until the selections table is reset after 20 weeks. Points are cumulative and league tables are published regularly in Excel Format. Champion is declared at the end of GW 38.

All selections to be made not later than 1 hour before first game kick-off, which is 14.00 GMT today for this GW. If you fail to make a choice, you will be allocated the first team alphabetically that you have not so far chosen. I await your first selection. Welcome and good luck.

• Like 4

Might be a delay in posting the updated Excel doc for today's games. I am still waiting for two players to make their picks, and I have to go shopping for a new phone because my Thai Pass has been approved and my current phone is inadequate for storing all the necessary docs easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Clearly a man of taste. COYS.

Wow, I had no idea your Thaiger Logo was that of the Spurs.

I am doing my research now and just saw that!

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Wow, I had no idea your Thaiger Logo was that of the Spurs.

Yes. There was a bit of confusion recently when a new member also used the same logo. I thought it might be a case of someone impersonating me, but when I realised that he was a new member, I understood the error. I didn't raise any objections, but he graciously changed his Avatar.

I am not sure about trying to make Avatars exclusive it. I've been on several sites where multiple people have used the TH flag for there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

If your doing your research on Tottenham, you may come across the tradition of the club nailing season tickets on the wall, but you need to be quick and grab them.

Nails always come in handy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

No points for a tie?

Points are awarded for a win (2) and for a postponed game (1). The objective is to select a winning team only to progress to the next round. However if you select a game that is later cancelled, it would be unfair to stop you progressing to the next round, so we award 1 pt and then you can remain in the game.

I can assure you, I was very sad you didn't go through to the next round. But stick around, the banter is not too bad on here. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

However if you select a game that is later cancelled, it would be unfair to stop you progressing to the next round, so we award 1 pt and then you can remain in the game.

OK. I know I just got here and already the brash American is making waves and shooting off his mouth-(Its what we do...🤣) But for next season maybe the Rules Committee would consider granting points for a tie. Maybe not allowing the tie into the next round per say, but the person with the most ties can later earn a spot to get back in at some point. Something like that.

But severe weather or a Covid cancellation and get you into the next round, but a hard fought match to earn a tie does not?

No disrespect, it is just my nature to question rules.

I am holding off on that Spurs jersey for now...🤣

Thanks,

G$

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

Some right old tunings handed out to the relegation dodgers over the hols with Norwich doing little to give the impression they'll get away with it after conceding 8 goals .. Newcastle fared a little better with a point against the red Manc's but are not really exhibiting what it's going to need to avoid the dreaded drop .. Burnley have now accumulated 4 games in hand over those due to postponements so should be able to do something about extricating thereselves outta the mire when they catch up , and Watford took a right battering from West Ham in their first game of the Xmas increasing the chattering that Ranieri will be on his bike shortly in true Watford fashion .. Foxy on the run result of the day had to be Leicester doing Liverpool after the clouting they took from Man City two days earlier and in chucking a spoke into the Reds wheels have stirred the top of the table nicely .. 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1