English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

Any old iron .. East Ender's West Ham tripped up Liverpool with a Kurt intervention at the Londahn stadium yesterday .. the mighty Arsenal are shaking off the disbelief of losing their first 3 to ascend to 5th in the table after taking the points against Watford and at the same time likely as not shorten Claudio's reign .. and the peacocks of Leeds and Leicester's foxes chased each other about for 90 before sharing the points .. 

You forgot the canaries chirping and removing the sting from the Bees 😂

15 minutes ago, gummy said:

You forgot the canaries chirping and removing the sting from the Bees 😂

On 11/6/2021 at 9:15 PM, Dedinbed said:

Let's be 'aaving ya indeed .. 9-2 were the canaries to take the sting outta the Brentford bee's and whadya know they had the honey with a 1 - 2 at the hive

Paid big respect to the Canaries G in my Sat' matches ramble .. 

Coming up on the wire , E H is confirmed as new manager of Newcastle on a 2.5 yr contract .. let's see if he can get a toon outta them .. 

• Haha 2

On 11/11/2021 at 5:13 PM, gummy said:

Just see it announced that Steve Gerrard is new Aston Villa Manager.

Steven Gerrard leaves Rangers to become Aston Villa manager - Live - BBC Sport

And it looks like Dean Smith was not out of work long either as he is likely to got to Norwich.

Norwich City: Dean Smith set to be appointed as head coach - BBC Sport

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Is he the man to keep them up Gummy or would you prefer a seal hunter? 🦭 🇳🇴 😁

He will be as good as any. The EPL has had enough of Norwegions. 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:05 AM, gummy said:

And it looks like Dean Smith was not out of work long either as he is likely to got to Norwich.

Norwich City: Dean Smith set to be appointed as head coach - BBC Sport

His appointment is confirmed now on a 2.5 yr contract .. t'will be interesting , there are enough games left but it's going to require them to start winning a few against the bottom half teams especially .. 

• Cool 1

14 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

His appointment is confirmed now on a 2.5 yr contract .. t'will be interesting , there are enough games left but it's going to require them to start winning a few against the bottom half teams especially .. 

I think he did well with Aston Villa so let's hope he can build a team that keeps them in the EPL this season but guess he will need to be able to get some new talent during January's window. Pukki has been a gem for them but he is not getting younger.

He should keep them up, after all winning the next 11 games should do it 🙂

4 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

@JohninDubinwho’s due to put tips in before this weekend? In all the (World Cup) excitement I’ve lost track, kind of like Harry Callahan at the start of Dirty Harry.

Updated table here. 

https://thethaiger.com/talk/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=7649&key=97ce9fbb776f58ee249693f66a3e3880

AFAIK, no selections made for this week so far. Awaiting @snapdragon @Marble-eye and yourself.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Chrystal Palace please John. 

• Cool 1

11 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Can I just clarify: Is that this week's pick?

Absolutely. Believe it or not, someone is actually picking NUFC to win a game. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Absolutely. Believe it or not, someone is actually picking NUFC to win a game. 

Stranger things have happened (but not often) hahaha.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

I would be picking Burnley.......

Yes, the Burnley vs Palace game has had me scratching my head, re whether Zaha should carry the skipper's armband for my Fantasy line-up. Could be another Turf Moor feisty-fest, I think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, the Burnley vs Palace game has had me scratching my head, re whether Zaha should carry the skipper's band for my Fantasy line-up. Could be another Turf Moor feisty-fest, I think.

Yes KC, give Zaha the armband, he’s a legend. For me, NUFC is a lay down misere this week against flash in the pan Brentford with their host of exhausted internationals playing for tinpot sides. Not many internationals for us at the Toon to worry about. 
(until the January transfer window at least).

• Cool 1

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Interesting call, there, @Marble-eye, as my moments earlier post to @Chaimaiintoned. A good Turf Moor tussle guaranteed!

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Interesting call, there, @Marble-eye, as my moments earlier post to @Chaimaiintoned. A good Turf Moor tussle guaranteed!

My first choice would have been Tottenham beating Leeds KC, but as a Leeds fan over the years I have now learnt just how unpredictable they can be. But when it comes to predicting football results I think the less you know the more chance of you being correct, I don't suppose Viv Nichols was any John Motson. 😁

• Haha 2