English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

3 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

In all fairness Gummy I think that Brentfords reserve team would beat Norwich.😂😂😂😂

Fair enough, do you have a Sunday League team or perhaps an under 12's then ? 😂

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Who is a Brentford fan on here ? Play your reserve team today against mine please, we need the help 😂

You should have joined the fray.

9 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

As a Spurs fan, I think there are plenty of games remaining to make Top 4, but I wonder about the defence. No shortage of decent names, but lacking in any cohesion. Considering that the last two permanent managers were primarily defensive, I wonder how that can be?

tbf Nuno was a counter attacking manager, different from defensive, which is what made Wolves so exciting to watch - I would say that as a Wolves fan of course but suddenly everyones second team was Wolves and numerous mates would tell me I was so lucky to watch football like that, especially with the insane speed of Traore.

When you are up against the top teams it's the only way to play else you will be overwhelmed. I guess Nuno didn't see Spurs as a top 4 side which to be fair, take Kane away and he's not far wrong.

I was surprised he tried to resurrect Dele's career - who to me would have been my first offload!

To employ someone with a decent pedigree, sack him after 18 weeks, pay him £10,000,000 compensation and then pay another enormous salary to the new guy smacks of a club out of control.

• Cool 1

Let's be 'aaving ya indeed .. 9-2 were the canaries to take the sting outta the Brentford bee's and whadya know they had the honey with a 1 - 2 at the hive .. Newcastle stopped the seagulls nicking all the chips with a 1 - 1 at the Amex .. and poor old Ole's leapfrogged to the top of the pile for getting the tintack after that display against noisy neighbors Man Cit'eh as Trevor Sinclair would say .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Nice work @snapdragon. I guess you’ll be supporting The Toon against Brighton then? 😁

No comment, other than 'Sad' . . . and maybe a tad angry, too 😠 ! Looks like Graeme Jones is wanting the Toon job full-time! Certainly a good draw-point, against the ascendant Seagulls.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Interim table still has @snapdragonout in front, but he is capable of being caught by @BigHewer @Marble-eyeand @spicy_girlFull update tomorrow

LPS.xlsx 11.09 kB · 3 downloads

A blooming silly game if you ask me, @JohninDubin.

First, my Toffees lose to Watford and now, the Seagulls fail to get the win against the interim-managed Toon.  like I say . . . SILLY! 😠

• Haha 4

45 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

A blooming silly game if you ask me, @JohninDubin.

First, my Toffees lose to Watford and now, the Seagulls fail to get the win against the interim-managed Toon.  like I say . . . SILLY! 😠

Spare a thought for how I feel KC, pinning my hopes on Arsenal tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Spare a thought for how I feel KC, pinning my hopes on Arsenal tonight.

Don't worry about Arsenal, it's a gimme..........I hope.🤞

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Don't worry about Arsenal, it's a gimme..........I hope.🤞

Hi, @Marble-eye! Looks like you and @BigHewerhave put Watford's 2-5 drubbing of Everton, just 2-weeks ago - at Goodison, too! - to the backs of your minds . . . this evening could be FUN! 🤨

• Haha 3

Farkes sake .. D F shown the door at Norwich hrs after they registered their first win yesterday which makes it  20% of the Prem' clubs have changed the manager already this season .. if OGS joins those ranks after yesterday's display by M U then it's a quarter .. 

• Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Farkes sake .. D F shown the door at Norwich hrs after they registered their first win yesterday which makes it  20% of the Prem' clubs have changed the manager already this season .. if OGS joins those ranks after yesterday's display by M U then it's a quarter .. 

Yes, a tough world for sure, @Dedinbed! But this BBC Sport article may have you puzzled as to why no definite word re Eddie Howe's Toon appt has been issued yet . . . almost like a game-playing process, it seems to me . . . "Will we, Eddie . . . or won't we?"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59169542

• Cool 1

14 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, a tough world for sure, @Dedinbed! But this BBC Sport article may have you puzzled as to why no definite word re Eddie Howe's Toon appt has been issued yet . . . almost like a game-playing process, it seems to me . . . "Will we, Eddie . . . or won't we?"

Seriously. I think he will settle better at a club like Norwich as it has many Similarities to Bournemouth in his early days there

8 hours ago, Andrew Reeve said:

I had picked Chelsea and then they go and draw, no luck for me again.

9 out of 30 selected wins across the board for us Andrew, you’re not alone 😁

23 hours ago, King Cotton said:

I see he was at the Amex with Amanda Stavely but it is odd that this has been bigged up for days yet still no official announcement about his appointment .. More blood letting over the weekend with Villa dispensing with Dean Smith's services .. 

• Cool 1

Any old iron .. East Ender's West Ham tripped up Liverpool with a Kurt intervention at the Londahn stadium yesterday .. the mighty Arsenal are shaking off the disbelief of losing their first 3 to ascend to 5th in the table after taking the points against Watford and at the same time likely as not shorten Claudio's reign .. and the peacocks of Leeds and Leicester's foxes chased each other about for 90 before sharing the points .. 

• Cool 1