English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

It's a new cycle. Everyone left in the comp last week was eliminated. Brentford noted.

Ok thanks - I knew it would be carnage last week but didn’t realise it took out everyone 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

Done, last Sunday . . .

My apologies. I had a feeling that yiu had posted, but when I went back through the thread I couldn't find it. hence my need to send "reminders". 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Faz said:

Yep!

@BigHewer - Arsenal

@King Cotton - Brighton.

@Dedinbed - Brighton

@Benroon - Brighton

@Slacker @snapdragon ??

Thanks for your help. I can't find the Brighton post from @benroonhttps://thethaiger.com/talk/profile/57-benroon/ . Just looked through them, and he was unaware that there was a new cycle which might explain why I didn't see a post from him earlier. He has posted Brentford since then. 

Rules are that no changes can be made. Can you confirm the original post please?

Rest are all agreed.

2 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Thanks for your help. I can't find the Brighton post from @benroonhttps://thethaiger.com/talk/profile/57-benroon/ . Just looked through them, and he was unaware that there was a new cycle which might explain why I didn't see a post from him earlier. He has posted Brentford since then. 

Rules are that no changes can be made. Can you confirm the original post please?

Rest are all agreed.

I've never said Brighton so I'm not sure where that came from, was a surprise to me too - can confirm Brentford.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I've never said Brighton so I'm not sure where that came from, was a surprise to me too - can confirm Brentford.

You did say Brentford, my mistake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

You did say Brentford, my mistake.

You know if Brentford lose and Brighton win I'm going to take this to court right ? 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

BH confirmed we'd continue as before a couple of pages back.

Another suggestion, as with all the general football banter it makes life difficult for John to pick out our team selections between all the gossip. I think each member should from next week send their selection by PM to John, then they don't get lost within the conversations.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You know if Brentford lose and Brighton win I'm going to take this to court right ? 😉

Wimbledon? - different league mate.

If Brentford lose I'll drop out in sympathy, honestly.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Faz said:

BH confirmed we'd continue as before a couple of pages back.

Another suggestion, as with all the general football banter it makes life difficult for John to pick out our team selections between all the gossip. I think each member should from next week send their selection by PM to John, then they don't get lost within the conversations.

Thanks for that but I am happy with the current system. I normally enter them as soon as I see them, but didn't do so this week. By the time I started, there were so many unrelated posts in the thread, I missed some of the picks.

Will do better next week.

Regarding "changes", this was about selections and not rule changes.

Saints condemned Villa to a straight 5th defeat piling it on Dean Smith abit earlier , at the same time lifting the pressure on Hasenhuettal .. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2021 at 1:51 AM, snapdragon said:

Saints for me chaps.

Get the win in early and smile as the others 'suffer' on Sat and Sun.

TYVM Will do.

21 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

A C flexing his muscles in last night's win over Vitesse .. 

IMG_20211105_101056.jpg

He really does look like the prototype animated Italian

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

He really does look like the prototype animated Italian

My mate who's Spurs messaged me during the game describing him as a " crazy looking mofo " .. hahaha I had to laugh .. it will be interesting with his introduction and still with sufficient games to redress the recent drop in form where Spurs are come May next year .. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

My mate who's Spurs messaged me during the game describing him as a " crazy looking mofo " .. hahaha I had to laugh .. it will be interesting with his introduction and still with sufficient games to redress the recent drop in form where Spurs are come May next year .. 

As a Spurs fan, I think there are plenty of games remaining to make Top 4, but I wonder about the defence. No shortage of decent names, but lacking in any cohesion. Considering that the last two permanent managers were primarily defensive, I wonder how that can be?

• Cool 1

Still no confirmation of E H alighting in Newcastle so Graeme Jones guides them again for tonight's game .. depending on who you believe the delay is over the clause that Emery is reported to have taken exception to also , that is Newcastle reserve the right to sack the manager if they get relegated this season .. but this is planet P L so who knows .. 

• Cool 1

On 11/5/2021 at 10:51 AM, snapdragon said:

Saints for me chaps.

Get the win in early and smile as the others 'suffer' on Sat and Sun.

Nice work @snapdragon. I guess you’ll be supporting The Toon against Brighton then? 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Who is a Brentford fan on here ? Play your reserve team today against mine please, we need the help 😂

In all fairness Gummy I think that Brentfords reserve team would beat Norwich.😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1