English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

13 hours ago, Benroon said:

If you're a top flight manager with a glowing CV and already on an enormous salary, are you going to put all that on the line for a side in dire straits? limitless cash doesn't always cut it, look at what Villa spent !

At best they will be looking in the B division for their next manager - though Nuno's available and as a Wolves fan that's going to be the best they can hope for. I did hear John Terry was being touted !!! Ye gods !

The recent sheen and hysteria oop north isn't going to last long until the boo boys wake back up...

Neil Warnock is available I hear lolol

Fair comment, @Benroon, but your words, 'limitless cash doesn't always cut it, look at what Villa spent! At best they will be looking in the B division for their next manager', bring my initial favourite candidate, Gerrard, into focus. Maybe just the perfect challenge, after showing what he could do over the border.

13 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Absolute legend, I don’t care what anyone says 😁

CC27A6D1-5CB8-4B65-A281-8F487BF0DD45.jpeg

Come on you guys . . . long ball, over the top! Why the hell do I have to keep telling you?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Fair comment, @Benroon, but your words, 'limitless cash doesn't always cut it, look at what Villa spent! At best they will be looking in the B division for their next manager', bring my initial favourite candidate, Gerrard, into focus. Maybe just the perfect challenge, after showing what he could do over the border.

Scottish football tells us nothing - Celtic and Rangers wouldn’t get out of the championship in my opinion. 

• Cool 1

36 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Scottish football tells us nothing - Celtic and Rangers wouldn’t get out of the championship in my opinion. 

Again, fair comment re Scotland's top 2 clubs . . . what about the man, though? As a Wolves, i.e. attacking/attractive football fan, I'd have thought Mr G would be right up there in your books . . . just a sideways thought 😏.

7 hours ago, Chaimai said:

Brentford for me

I was going to write, "Great minds think alike", but I thought better of it. The full quote is "but fools seldom differ".

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

@BigHewer @Slacker77@King Cotton@Benroon @snapdragon @Dedinbed

Selections required for GW11 by 19.00 UK time tomorrow.

@BigHewerWere any rule changes decided?

@gummyCare to join in?

I had thought about that but decided against it due to the fact that as a Norwich supporter I am already living a fantasy thinking that they may one day win one game. 

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I had thought about that but decided against it due to the fact that as a Norwich supporter I am already living a fantasy thinking that they may one day win one game. 

We all have our crosses to bear. I am Spurs supporter, but this past two days, I have been hearing this tune in my head, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsT4xnKZPg&ab_channel=RReady555

Your not the only one living a fantasy.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Again, fair comment re Scotland's top 2 clubs . . . what about the man, though? As a Wolves, i.e. attacking/attractive football fan, I'd have thought Mr G would be right up there in your books . . . just a sideways thought 😏.

I haven't completed my mourning period for Nuno leaving - I'll have to get back to you once the tears subside 😉

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

25 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

@gummyCare to join in?

I'm confused I thought I was out ? I need to do some homework on the rules right ?

However - Brentford (or just put me down for anyone playing Norwich!) - sorry Gummy 😊

40 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I'm confused I thought I was out ? I need to do some homework on the rules right ?

However - Brentford (or just put me down for anyone playing Norwich!) - sorry Gummy 😊

It's a new cycle. Everyone left in the comp last week was eliminated. Brentford noted.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2021 at 10:57 AM, BigHewer said:

Absolute legend, I don’t care what anyone says 😁

CC27A6D1-5CB8-4B65-A281-8F487BF0DD45.jpeg

I have a great deal of admiration for the likes of Pullis. They rarely win any prizes but don't do too bad fighting off relegation or win the occasional promotion.  But they never get the chance to get hold of the cheque-book from a big spender. 

In the days when football was more a democracy than a plutocracy, they might have fared better. 

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

@gummyCare to join in?

I think the silence speaks for the status quo, John. We can propose a change after the next cycle if there are calls for it

• Like 1