English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

15 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I may need some divine intervention for the only two teams I have left, Watford and Newcastle. Now Watford are away to Man C and Newcastle are away to Norwich, mmnnm, tricky one.

I am going against all my better judgements and plumbing for Newcastle please @Faz, and may the lord have mercy on my soul.🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔⚽

And beggar me, would you believe it, I'm going for Newcastle too please @Faz, although, admittedly, I did have more options than poor old @Marble-eye😰 !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

What are the odds of a postponement?

Calling all Covid bugs, calling all Covid bugs . . . if you hear me, please report to the Etihad Stadium on or around 21 April . . . thanks in advance 🤞!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Calling all Covid bugs, calling all Covid bugs . . . if you hear me, please report to the Etihad Stadium on or around 21 April . . . thanks in advance 🤞!

I was thinking more along the lines of a freak late April snowstorm KC, a la in 1908.

https://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/philip-eden/The-1908-snowstorm.htm

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

I have to say, I rue picking NU earlier on when they were (still) rubbish. Envy all the players with the luxury of an NUFC pick now.

Up the mighty Toon ⚽

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snapdragon said:

I'll go with the Geordies. Although I could have Palace.

It's a dilemma. Newcastle it is please Mr Faz.

I thought you may have gone for Brighton at home to Soton after their recent form against the 'big boys'.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

I thought you may have gone for Brighton at home to Soton after their recent form against the 'big boys'.

Considered it. But it's a south coast derby, so anything could happen. Also, as fans of these 'second string' clubs (I am irons),  we are often lured into a comfort, if not optimistic mode. Falsely! Win a couple, then unexpectedly lose when the form book says otherwise. Only to look at Arsenal and Spurs recently. Both well beaten by the Seagulls. So. with that thinking; BHA should lose.

Palace are interesting! They have made a bit of a habit upsetting the form-book in recent years. Their fighting spirit cost Liverpool the title a couple of years back. And although i have United at the ready, I don't really warm to them, so I'll leave them as last pick.

• Like 4

Well @Faz I have only one team to chose from which is Watford, but it could be worse as they are playing Burnley, it gives me half a chance, so Watford it is. ⚽🤔

ps. Have you done the spread sheet for this comp get. 😀

Although C Palace v Leeds yet to play, as no one chose either as a selection, the results for LPS  game week 33 are concluded.

LPS Week 33.xlsx 

Out go @BigHewer, @Slacker77 and @Dedinbed

With two players having their last pick left and 5 weeks remaining, can those still in play keep the game going long enough to prevent them choosing from a new sequence.
One more LPS title, or possibly two?

Who's going to be crowned champion of champions for the season, or fall by the wayside in the final run in?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

ps. Have you done the spread sheet for this comp get. 😀

Just posted.
Unlike the FFFF game where a new spreadsheet is required for each round of fixtures, the LPS sheet just requires updating.

As for week 34, your pick is already noted. You could abstain!
LPS Week 34.xlsx

• Haha 1