English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

10 hours ago, Faz said:

I certainly never suggested there was a rule not allowing you to change once you'd made your selection John, other than the rule which states you cannot change after the deadline date.

My reply was to @snapdragon P24, post 125870, who requested to change way after the 1 hour before kick off deadline rule. I haven't seen a rule regarding a change of team selection being permitted or disallowed before the deadline time.

I've finally got to the bottom of this:

See post number 84153 in the thread "English Premier League 2021-22" posted Oct 15. Rule 3.

These were rules I copied from another site as an example. It is fair to say that @BigHewernever formally adopted these. Also that he and I had an exchange of PM's where he was concerned about making my role as easy as possible. I now realise that I had conflated that post with his good intentions and had mistakenly thought that there was such a rule. In turn, I thought your intervention regarding @snapdragon was based on your knowledge of that rule that I now concede was never adopted.

Apologies to all concerned. I am happy to have cleared this up, especially as I was concerned that other posters might wonder how I made this mistake, and might it have been something I made up myself?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just a message to all posters regarding if I am slow replying to your picks. In the event I fail to notice your selections, it has been agreed by @BigHewerand myself, as long as these are made before the 1 hour cut off, they will still be valid even if entered by myself after that time.

As long as the time stamp on a selection is before the cut-off time, it will be deemed valid. In the event that I make a default selection on your behalf because I have missed your post, that will be amended when I am notified and can validate this.

I know there will be those who will think this foolproof, but clearly you have yet to meet me (hahaha).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Standings after GW 19.

Please note the cut off time for GW 20 is 14.00 GMT Dec 28th.

LPS.xlsx 13.52 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks to @BigHewerfor advising me of a couple of errors I made. My apologies to those concerned. I have been distracted trying to arrange my trip to TH, and thanks to various reasons, but especially the incompetence of my intended hotel, it now looks doubtful that I will obtain my Thai Pass in time.

Amended table is attached with picks from BH and @King Cotton

LPS.xlsx

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

but especially the incompetence of my intended hotel, it now looks doubtful that I will obtain my Thai Pass in time.

Fingers crossed John that it all works out ok for you. 🤞

2 hours ago, Andrew Reeve said:

Fingers crossed John that it all works out ok for you. 🤞

TYVM: I had massive problems arranging my previous trip to Colombia, and this has been twice as bad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faz said:

Man Utd for game week 20 please John.

See you at Turf Moor, maybe, @Faz . . . just a few miles from my home town and has already had a fair dollop of snow 🏂!

• Like 1

My apologies for sending out reminders so quickly, but as the next cut-off time is just over 24 hours, I don't want to see anyone disadvantaged. 

Anyway: Some good news, @BigHewerhas agreed to double my present salary for working over Xmas and New Year.

@spicy_girl @Andrew Reeve @Slacker77 @Benroon @Chaimai@Marble-eye @snapdragon @Dedinbed @Lowseasonlover@Sateeb

Please note, both Lowseasonlover and Sateeb have yet to make anything other than default selections. As discussed with @BigHewershould they not make a pick this week, we will presume that they do not want to take part and they will be deleted.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Hi John, can I chose David Cameron's favourite team, Aston Villa please.

And Prince Will's favourite team too.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, King Cotton said:

See you at Turf Moor, maybe, @Faz . . . just a few miles from my home town and has already had a fair dollop of snow 🏂!

You'll be all alone KC and miss the match as it's at Old Trafford. 😩
My home is in Bacup.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Faz said:

You'll be all alone KC and miss the match as it's at Old Trafford. 😩
My home is in Bacup.

Silly me. I just got it into my head that Utd were away.

And you a Bacup boy, eh? That town holds mixed memories . . . but mostly good ones!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Silly me. I just got it into my head that Utd were away.

You had me going for a minute and I had to double check. 🤔

55 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

And you a Bacup boy, eh?

Manchester (mancunian) boy, but home now in Bacup.

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Slacker77 said:

@ John:GW 20 will be Man U for me please 

I think I made a cock-up in putting you on the list of those I was waiting to hear from. Your last pick was Wet Sham, who lost on Boxing Day. Not one for VAR I think? Apologies for the false hope I gave you.

@Andrew Reeve @Sateeband @Lowseasonlover were also mistakenly informed by me that they were still in the game. Of course, if the brown envelopes had been forthcoming...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

I think I made a cock-up in putting you on the list of those I was waiting to hear from. Your last pick was Wet Sham, who lost on Boxing Day. Not one for VAR I think? Apologies for the false hope I gave you.

@Andrew Reeve @Sateeband @Lowseasonlover were also mistakenly informed by me that they were still in the game. Of course, if the brown envelopes had been forthcoming...

Yes right John ,I wasn't thinking too that Wet Sham lost ;)

Good luck folks

• Thanks 2