English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

3 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

There appears to be only 5 games going ahead this weekend because of covid on the march and that is subject to amendment .. are we still running with a reduced pot to select from .? 

Sorry for the delay in replying. I think this is a case of unforeseen events, but unfortunately, due to the lack of time to consider a rule to deal with this specifically, several have already made selections and it might not be the best thing to rewrite the rules after selections have been made.

You may have noticed that what several have done is select Norwich, which guarantees access to the next round, while not risking a probable loss. Might I suggest you consider the same idea?

4 hours ago, JohninDublin said:

Sorry for the delay in replying. I think this is a case of unforeseen events, but unfortunately, due to the lack of time to consider a rule to deal with this specifically, several have already made selections and it might not be the best thing to rewrite the rules after selections have been made.

You may have noticed that what several have done is select Norwich, which guarantees access to the next round, while not risking a probable loss. Might I suggest you consider the same idea?

The Canaries it is then .. 

So just to clarify John, we can pick a team playing in a postponed game and take a point (thereby also removing that team from future selection) or go bullish and pick a playing team to go for two points?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BigHewer said:

So just to clarify John, we can pick a team playing in a postponed game and take a point (thereby also removing that team from future selection) or go bullish and pick a playing team to go for two points?

And further to this, if a member picks a team from a postponed game, do they have the option of switching to a team that is actually playing?

• Like 1

If a team is picked in a match that is postponed. That player gets a point, but are they also knocked out?

As I posted a while back; there will be as many games postponed as played. What are we to do?

First order of business before we go to VAR:

John, I’d like to withdraw my selection of Norwich, as that game is postponed.

Instead, please put me down for Aston Villa.

• Like 2

VAR decision:

1. Anyone selecting a team playing in a postponed game (e.g. Norwich) shall receive one point. That team is deemed to have been selected and need not be selected again in the sequence of 20 teams.

2. If you select a postponed team (e.g. Norwich), you are still alive in GW19.

3. If all selected teams that play (e.g. Manchester City and Aston Villa) lose or draw, the sequence shall be ended and a new sequence involving all members shall begin in GW 19. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

VAR decision:

1. Anyone selecting a team playing in a postponed game (e.g. Norwich) shall receive one point. That team is deemed to have been selected and need not be selected again in the sequence of 20 teams.

2. If you select a postponed team (e.g. Norwich), you are still alive in GW19.

3. If all selected teams that play (e.g. Manchester City and Aston Villa) lose or draw, the sequence shall be ended and a new sequence involving all members shall begin in GW 19. 

I think that nicely clarifies the earlier version of the rules.

16 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

I went for Villa.

That game is now off. Can I change my selection?

More shit hitting the fan than I've ever had to handle 😏.

I've PM'd @BigHewer, the VAR judge!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

Going from the VAR mans statement on the first post in the topic, no.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, BigHewer said:

PM your selections to @JohninDubinno later than one hour before kick-off for each round of games.

You still get 1 point and proceed to next weeks round @snapdragon

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faz said:

Going from the VAR mans statement on the first post in the topic, no.

You still get 1 point and proceed to next weeks round @snapdragon

If I'm gonna get one point, I'd rather have Norwich, than get Villa knocked off my list.

Villa will be a handy team to have, especially at home.

I'm a canary supporter. I want Norwich.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, snapdragon said:

I went for Villa.

Sorry, but @Fazis correct. You are locked into the first selection made.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohninDublin said:

Sorry, but @Fazis correct. You are locked into the first selection made.

Rather unfair on Snapdragon, since Slacker77 was about one hour late in making their choice.

I understood that rulings were to be made by @BigHewer . . . not by Faz, who is simply an LPS player.

Here is the updated list if selections. Some are alphabetical defaults due to not making and are marked "D18" to signify "Default week 18"

Congrats to both @Andrew Reeveand @Fazto getting off the mark. Faz did say that they had a plan, and here is the proof (hahaha)

LPS.xlsx

• Like 2

Just after checking and I had no idea the Everton match had been called off when i made my selection yesterday, about time i got some luck. 🙏

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Rather unfair on Snapdragon, since Slacker77 was about one hour late in making their choice.

I understood that rulings were to be made by @BigHewer . . . not by Faz, who is simply an LPS player.

Yes KC i was abit late with my choice here becausei was awaiting to see if the Villa game would be played or postponed and what i saw back then it was on , i rather going for 2 points than 1 point for a postponed game 

• Like 1