English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

12 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Where are the rules for this game? 

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.
When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Where are the rules for this game? 

All over the place. I think @BigHewerkeeps changing them in his favour (hahaha).

Seriously, the basics are that in any match week, you may pick one PL team to win. If it wins you get 2 points and you stay in the game for the next round. If it loses, you are eliminated and are out of the game until a new cycle starts. A new cycle starts when all the remaining players are eliminated, or reduced to one player. That player gets a 5pt bonus for being "Last Person Standing". Most points at the end of the season is Champ. In the event that your selection is part of a postponed game, you are awarded 1 point and remain in the game.

You can only choose a team once in any 20 game series. We started at Game Week 9, so if (eg), anyone has chosen Arsenal, they will not be able to do so before GW 29.

All selections have to be made 1 hour in advance of the ko of any new GW, and once a selection is made, it can only be changed if you have selected in error, the same team more than once in any 20 week cycle. In the event you fail to make a selection on time, you are given a default selection which will be the earliest team alphabetically, that you have not selected so far. All selections must be made through the thread.

A "league table" in Excel format as soon as all selections are in. If you don't have Excel, @King Cottoncan advise on a software download to fix that. The table is updated at the end of each GW.

The current one (incomplete as I am awaiting two players to make their picks) is attached. I keep the data, and @BigHeweraka Mr VAR, keeps the rules. Anything you don't understand, please let me know.

LPS.xlsx

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
59 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

For my own pick, I am going to hate myself for this, but it will be Wet Sham.

Same here .. I'll go for the East End bado's .. 

That makes 3 of us . . . thanks for your company, fellas 😎

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

That makes 3 of us . . . thanks for your company, fellas 😎

Not many people know that the full quotation of, "Great minds think alike", is "But fools seldom differ".

• Cool 1

15 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Not many people know that the full quotation of, "Great minds think alike", is "But fools seldom differ".

I did . . . but, then again . . . ?

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

Rangnick firmed up as new Man Utd boss until the end of the season .. first game in charge against Arsenal on Thur' night .. 

Depends if his work permit comes through on time apparently, otherwise Carrick remains in charge for the Arsenal game.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Faz said:

Depends if his work permit comes through on time apparently, otherwise Carrick remains in charge for the Arsenal game.

Have you been in touch with Rangnick @Fazto explain the procedures?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry to have to remind you, that your last pick was Wolves, who could only draw.

Cheers John and have no idea as to why I picked Newcastle when I was out of the round.

getting desperate 🤣

• Haha 2

Just now, Andrew Reeve said:

Cheers John and have no idea as to why I picked Newcastle when I was out of the round.

getting desperate 🤣

If you’re picking NUFC Andrew, that truly is desperation 😂

• Haha 3

If you’re picking NUFC Andrew, that truly is desperation 😂

I reckon they will beat Norwich and was attepting to get 1 win under my belt, before John reminded I was already out of this cycle.😇

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reeve said:

I reckon they will beat Norwich and was attepting to get 1 win under my belt, before John reminded I was already out of this cycle.😇

Probably the only fixture of the year where an NUFC pick is a safe option 😁

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Can't get involved as I'm under contract to TT.  😛

I daresay you know more about immigration issues (and possibly football tactics as well) than most of the MUFC back room staff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, BigHewer said:

I daresay you know more about immigration issues (and possibly football tactics as well) than most of the MUFC back room staff.

We all do

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, JohninDubin said:

Yes! I have PM'd him. Otherwise he defaults to Arsenal.

Yikes! He better get in then because that’s going to end in tears.

• Haha 2

well well good luck all this gw.

tonight my pick for this week Leeds plays and i will miss it coz i will be playing dart tonight,maybe it's the best not see it ,haha 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

well well good luck all this gw.

tonight my pick for this week Leeds plays and i will miss it coz i will be playing dart tonight,maybe it's the best not see it ,haha 

No footie screen at your darts venue, @Slacker77?

I've not heard from @Benroonand it is now 18.45, the cut-off point. Therefore his default selection is the first available team alphabetically that he has not so far selected, and in this case, it's Arsenal. His selection is marked "14D" to signify both the game week and that it is a default selection.

Good Luck to everyone.

GW 14 selections are attached.

LPS.xlsx

• Thanks 1