English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

15 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Communication? Yes indeed. Zidane is the man. French and Spanish are far more useful languages than English at Manchester United these days. Which players do you want to whip into shape? 

De Gea, Varane, Bailly, Mata, Pogba, Cavani, Martial, not to mention the Portuguese contingent who might be better off as well.

Alternatively, get a monolingual English manager and your core players are Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, Rashford, McTominay.

I think it’s the foreign lads United need to get firing and sadly it might take a big foreign presence to get them off their lazy (you-know-whats).

Arse-holes is the word, BH, and fair comment re getting more out of the likes of - espec in my rating - Martial and Pogba, the latter espec being a hot-or-cold type that I'd kick out the door, contracts favourably permitting . . . a player that all too often thinks that he's more important than MNU.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

Alternatively, get a monolingual English manager and your core players are Maguire,

Hahahaha .. that is so true about Maguire .. even the cat leaves the room when he's being interviewed .. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

There was something very likeable about OGS.

There is and personally it was not pleasant to see him and the stick he was getting from some of the M U fans at yesterday's game .. as brutal as it is though he should have been removed after the belting they took off Liverpool a couple of weeks back as that defeat showed they were nowhere near where they need to be after near 3 yrs of Ole's leadership .. but yes he needs to go and recharge his batteries and take some time out .. I have a hunch this season may see a record number of manager's heave ho'd as Man Utd are the 6th club now to chop the manager and we are still only November .. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Communication? Yes indeed. Zidane is the man. French and Spanish are far more useful languages than English at Manchester United these days. Which players do you want to whip into shape? 

De Gea, Varane, Bailly, Mata, Pogba, Cavani, Martial, not to mention the Portuguese contingent who might be better off as well.

Alternatively, get a monolingual English manager and your core players are Maguire, Shaw, Lingard, Rashford, McTominay.

I think it’s the foreign lads United need to get firing and sadly it might take a big foreign presence to get them off their lazy (you-know-whats).

This could turn out to be a bigger restoration job than even the most ardent Manc fans envisage .. football tends to be cyclic where everything comes together for a club to dominate .. Liverpool were the dominant team of the late 70's into most of the 80's but by the turn of the 90's due to a number of factors including ownership issues , lack of development of Anfield along with a level of complacency both on and off the field were waning .. within a couple of season's Man Utd won their first Premier title before then embarking on an unprecedented run of success but are now suffering the same sort of decline as Liverpool did 3 decades ago .. the ownership of M U seem more about developing revenue streams , Old Trafford is a slum alongside some of the modern stadiums now and they are without an identity or direction on the field despite a collection of expensive show ponies and 4 managers since Ferguson trying to assemble them into a forceful unit capable of sustaining a challenge for the top honours .. Factor in not only the re-emergence of the old enemy of Liverpool but now also the noisy neighbors and the King's Rd lot they have to try and upstage and the size of the task facing M U F C is quite daunting .. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

This could turn out to be a bigger restoration job than even the most ardent Manc fans envisage ..

I’m not a Man U fan by any stretch but I think a lot of it is attitude. They’ve got the personnel but too many of them aren’t committed to the team. There’s no sense of togetherness when they’re out there. They don’t play for each other and when things start to go wrong, the fight is gone. Heads down, grim rather than fired up.

They need a big personality with a big reputation. Zidane is the only available manager with the cred to exert his influence over them. Simeone  could do it too, but he’s not available. They need someone with a physical presence to stare down the punks and whip them into shape. Certainly not Solskjaer, he never had a chance. Nice fellow, but all the presence of an extra in the Lord of the Rings films.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

9 hours ago, JohninDubin said:
14 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Incidentally @JohninDubin, next weekend: Leicester please 👍🏻

Sorted. I'll have some of that too.

Ha-ha . . . a brave call there, @JohninDubinand @BigHewer! With Leics currently threatening to earn a 'lame ducks' nickname and the Hornets having stung both United and Everton - my banker bet for the first week of LPS! - an interesting call indeed 😉!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Ha-ha . . . a brave call there, @JohninDubinand @BigHewer! With Leics currently threatening to earn a 'lame ducks' nickname and the Hornets having stung both United and Everton - my banker bet for the first week of LPS! - an interesting call indeed 😉!

I was just about to commend your bravery in picking Arsenal KC and you beat me to it 😁

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

10 hours ago, Marble-eye said:

Liverpool please John. ⚽

Sorted.

Any views on Conti so far? Just my opinion, but even when we were behind to Leeds, we were far more watchable than we have been all season.

7 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Looks like it’s you and me head to head @Faz😎

Watford had some good performances lately @BigHewer, plus Leicester have a must win game in the Europa league on Thursday against Legia Warsaw, so will have the A team on display.
Chance of injuries, resting players, or tired legs for the match against Watford.

I fancy another upset + one of the bottom 5 crossed of my list.

• Cool 1

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Watford had some good performances lately @BigHewer, plus Leicester have a must win game in the Europa league on Thursday against Legia Warsaw, so will have the A team on display.
Chance of injuries, resting players, or tired legs for the match against Watford.

I fancy another upset + one of the bottom 5 crossed of my list.

Fair enough @Faz, though I think BR might prioritize the league this time. Plus Watford blow hot and cold. The stakes are set! May the best man (err… person!) win 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Faz said:

Leicester aren't blowing at all at the moment Mr H.
100% sure? Still time to change your mind!

I’m liking the banter Faz. I was thinking Arsenal vs Toon was the key fixture next weekend, now I’m firmly fixed on Leicester vs Watford. ⚽⚽⚽

DAZN are showing the Leicester game with English commentary. Arsenal vs Newcastle in Japanese because of Tomiyasu 😕

7 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

I’m liking the banter Faz. I was thinking Arsenal vs Toon was the key fixture next weekend, now I’m firmly fixed on Leicester vs Watford. ⚽⚽⚽

You chose the TOON last week and didn't heed my advice and look what happened 😝

9 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

DAZN are showing the Leicester game with English commentary. Arsenal vs Newcastle in Japanese because of Tomiyasu 😕

All the matches every week in English commentary with True in Thailand.

17 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Sorted.

Any views on Conti so far? Just my opinion, but even when we were behind to Leeds, we were far more watchable than we have been all season.

My apologies. That post was meant for @Andrew Reeve

Positive result against Leeds and we were so poor in midfield. He has certainly motivated them and would expect the team to improve week on week. Jan will be here pretty soon and would expect at least 2 new faces, one for midfield and another striker.

• Like 1