English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

6 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

My first choice would have been Tottenham beating Leeds KC, but as a Leeds fan over the years I have now learnt just how unpredictable they can be. But when it comes to predicting football results I think the less you know the more chance of you being correct, I don't suppose Viv Nichols was any John Motson. 😁

John Motson. Total gentleman. I remember when Moyes took over at United, he tipped them for the title and pleaded for the faithful to give Moyes time. Never came to pass.

• Like 2

I'll take a gamble with Man City this round. As much for the fact, that The Toffeemen are so rubbish at the 'mo.

It does seem a risky week for selections. Even Liverpool, at home, can hardly be a 'banker'.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Cool 1

13 hours ago, snapdragon said:

I'll take a gamble with Man City this round. As much for the fact, that The Toffeemen are so rubbish at the 'mo.

It does seem a risky week for selections. Even Liverpool, at home, can hardly be a 'banker'.

Got it.

On 11/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, snapdragon said:

10 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Updated selections for GW 12

Am I cracking up?

Snapdragon chooses MC, but according to the spreadsheet he chose MC week 10 and week 12 his selection is marked as Liverpool ?

@Marble-eye yet to make his selection.

9 minutes ago, Faz said:

Am I cracking up?

Snapdragon chooses MC, but according to the spreadsheet he chose MC week 10 and week 12 his selection is marked as Liverpool ?

Already done Faz, Chrystal Palace.😜

18 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Already done Faz, Chrystal Palace.😜

Not according to the spreadsheet above John posted for week 12. 🤔

You haven't as yet made a selection for week 12 and @snapdragon chose MC, which according to that sheet he already chose week 10 and has Liv selected for week 12.

Som ting wong somewhere.

@Faz Here are the relevant posts.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:32 PM, Marble-eye said:

Chrystal Palace please John. 

On 11/17/2021 at 8:37 PM, JohninDubin said:

Can do.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:46 PM, BigHewer said:

Now just waiting for our good friend @snapdragon😁

8 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Looks to me like @Marble-eye’s CP pick just needs to be added to the spreadsheet. Over to you, @JohninDubin⚽

And @snapdragon?

On 11/18/2021 at 8:59 AM, snapdragon said:

For week 12, marked up as LV for his choice.
Chose MC week 10 - according to that sheet.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

I'll have a bit of Man City for this weekend (???) as the toffee's are abit stuck at present ..

Maybe as well to give @JohninDubina mention, here, @Dedinbed.

As I understand the present state-of-affairs, there are only 3 players remaining in this cycle, namely @BigHewer, @Marble-eyeand @snapdragon. All will be revealed when John comes back within reach again 😏!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

As I understand the present state-of-affairs, there are only 3 players remaining in this cycle, namely @BigHewer, @Marble-eyeand @snapdragon. All will be revealed when John comes back within reach again 😏!

Cool .. sounds like I haven't been keeping up ..

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

6 hours ago, Faz said:

Am I cracking up?

You are correct, but as everyone busted out on week 10, week 11 became a new cycle, and all selections were then open.

6 hours ago, Faz said:

Not according to the spreadsheet above John posted for week 12. 🤔

You haven't as yet made a selection for week 12 and @snapdragon chose MC, which according to that sheet he already chose week 10 and has Liv selected for week 12.

Som ting wong somewhere.

Thanks and apologies. I posted the sheet before I received @Marble-eyeselection.

2 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

I'll have a bit of Man City for this weekend as the toffee's are abit stuck at present ..

KC's post to you further down is correct. Unfortunately you were knocked out last week with your Brighton selection.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

11 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

KC's post to you further down is correct. Unfortunately you were knocked out last week with your Brighton selection.

Cool .. I better pay more attention to the rules in future .. though I suppose on contemplation I should've extracted a bit more from the title " last person standing " in the first place .. hohum let's see if I can pull 8 out of 8 on this weekends quickbet .. 

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

25 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

You are correct, but as everyone busted out on week 10, week 11 became a new cycle, and all selections were then open.

I've clearly misunderstood the rules.

I was under the impression you couldn't choose the same team again until you'd chosen all 20 teams.
Hence choosing some of the lower placed teams, saving the best of the crop for later selections.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 10/16/2021 at 5:08 PM, BigHewer said:

The concept is simple: from the upcoming round of EPL fixtures, pick any team you think will win. If you are correct, you progress to the next week. Wrong, and you’re out. You can’t pick the same team twice in a 20-week cycle (you can’t pick Manchester City every week). 

Rules as I understood them!

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Faz said:

I've clearly misunderstood the rules.

I was under the impression you couldn't choose the same team again until you'd chosen all 20 teams.
Hence choosing some of the lower placed teams, saving the best of the crop for later selections.

Oh? So that's your alibi? (hahaha)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@snapdragon chose MC for week 12 John.
You have Liverpool for his selection week 12.

MC was his choice week 10 but you haven't cleared the old listings.

At the start of each sequence a new selection history table will be drawn up and the old one will be pushed down this doc.

Would it not be easier just to clear week 9 and 10 from the existing list as everyone started afresh from week 11?

34 minutes ago, Faz said:

Rules as I understood them!

I can see the reason for the confusion. @BigHewerneeds to make a ruling on this. I presume that he may have thought with all our "collective wisdom" we were going to have very long runs in each cycle.

Normally where I've seen this game played, the rules are that once we have reached LPS, a new game becomes a complete reset.

Just to make life more interesting, as the Euro-comps are approaching the KO stages, would anyone be interested in a mid-week comp commencing Feb 15th in all three contests. By this time there will 48 teams left.

If there is interest, we might vary the rules slightly, such as each picking one team from each comp, and then qualifying for the next round based on aggregate score. Say 2 points for winning a leg. 1 for a draw and a bonus point for the aggregate win. Nobody eliminated, but can't choose same team twice (that could lead to those picking soft options early on, not being able to pick the likes of RM/PSG/MC later on). It will take some thinking about, but the winner would be the player(s) with most points when all finals have been played. In the event of a tie, GD decides is my suggestion to get the debate started. Suggested title: Thaiger Euro League.

Let me know.

40 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I can see the reason for the confusion. @BigHewerneeds to make a ruling on this. I presume that he may have thought with all our "collective wisdom" we were going to have very long runs in each cycle.

Normally where I've seen this game played, the rules are that once we have reached LPS, a new game becomes a complete reset.

All right gents, just taking a look now. 

28247A8F-DFA8-41B6-927E-CD677493F556.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4