English Premier League Last Person Standing 2021/22

BigHewer

The concept is simple: from the upcoming round of EPL fixtures, pick any team you think will win. If you are correct, you progress to the next week. Wrong, and you’re out. You can’t pick the same team twice in a 20-week cycle (you can’t pick Manchester City every week). 

PM your selections to @JohninDubinno later than one hour before kick-off for each round of games.

Right, let’s get cracking! It all starts on October 22nd. Check the fixtures and make your choice. Good luck, all!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

The concept is simple: from the upcoming round of EPL fixtures, pick any team you think will win. If you are correct, you progress to the next week. Wrong, and you’re out. You can’t pick the same team twice in a 20-week cycle (you can’t pick Manchester City every week). 

PM your selections to @JohninDubinno later than one hour before kick-off for each round of games.

Right, let’s get cracking! It all starts on October 22nd. Check the fixtures and make your choice. Good luck, all!

Apologies again. I found it.

7 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Apologies again. I found it.

No probs John, we’re underway. I’ve already scouted ahead and made my picks for the first two weeks. This is going to be interesting!

• Like 1

I'm prepared to act as collator and keeper of league tables if nobody else wants the job, but can I ask that there is a 24 hour lock on the thread each week in order to allow for updating of results. Also, that when a player makes a selection, there should be no comment other than the single team nominated.

Would suggest a league to last the rest of the season, with 2 points for a win. 1 point for a postponement and 5 point bonus for being LMS. I've attached a sample table. The top half is the cumulative table. The bottom half is the selection history. The winner in this case got 7 points. 2 for the correct prediction and a bonus of 5 for LMS. Most pts at end of season is Champ. In the event that there is no LMS and all remaining players are eliminated, no bonus points, and all teams become eligible for selection in the new sequence.

Any player that fails to make a selection, will automatically be allocated the first team alphabetically that they have not so far selected.

Would be grateful for any input regarding the suggested table: 

Last Man Standing.xlsx

• Like 1

Fixtures for Week 9 

Friday 22 October

20:00 Arsenal v Aston Villa

Saturday 23 October

12:30 Chelsea v Norwich
Crystal Palace v Newcastle
Everton v Watford
Leeds v Wolves
Southampton v Burnley
17:30 Brighton v Man City

Sunday 24 October

14:00 Brentford v Leicester
14:00 West Ham v Spurs
16:30 Man Utd v Liverpool

7 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

Selection: Southampton

Hi, @JohninDubin! I understood that selections were to be PM'd to you, whilst I see you've entered yours by posting.

Which method is to be used?

PM or post, my W9 selection is Everton.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, King Cotton said:

You’re a brave man, KC! Not Chelsea? I’m guessing you eat your veggies first and steak last 😆😁😉

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hi, @JohninDubin! I understood that selections were to be PM'd to you, whilst I see you've entered yours by posting.

BH says post to me, but for the sake of openness, I'd rather see it posted for all to see, and of course, give us the occasional laugh. I know the prize has no intrinsic value, but I'm not sure that nobody will try to cheat. Ego is very important to some posters.

In fairness, anyone on my blocked list. will have to PM me and I will acknowledge the selection on this thread.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

BH says post to me, but for the sake of openness, I'd rather see it posted for all to see, and of course, give us the occasional laugh. I know the prize has no intrinsic value, but I'm not sure that nobody will try to cheat.

OK, looks like posting gets the MO option . . . should be good fun and, like you say, posting our selections will open the door for BH-like witty quips 😂 !

• Haha 1

Just now, King Cotton said:

OK, looks like the post gets the MO option . . . should be good fun and, like you say, posting our selections will open the door for BH-like witty quips 😂 !

BH-like witty quip… as opposed to a KC-like hypothetical? 😁

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

OK, looks like posting gets the MO option . . . should be good fun and, like you say, posting our selections will open the door for BH-like witty quips 😂 !

Don't try and put words into my mouth. I never accused him of being witty (hahaha)

• Haha 2

Just now, JohninDubin said:

@BigHewer I take it your thumbs up approves my suggestions? Can I also suggest that in the event of a dispute, the final decision should rest with you?

We can run with that John. You’re the brains behind the operation, so you can post the standings and so on. If the picks are all in the open, I can’t imagine there being a dispute, but we can cross that bridge when we get to it.

Three members in so far, would be nice to get 8 or so. Anyone else?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 minutes ago, spicy_girl said:

Manchester City 

No comment allowed @JohninDubin? Just team name?

I'd prefer if comments were kept separate because in the case of a lengthy comment, especially where more than one team is mentioned, it reduces the risks of an error by me. But @BigHewer approves the rules.

Anyway, welcome aboard and your selection has been filed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

I'd prefer if comments were kept separate because in the case of a lengthy comment, especially where more than one team is mentioned, it reduces the risks of an error by me. But @BigHewer approves the rules.

Anyway, welcome aboard and your selection has been filed.

Ok, I understand, JohninDubin. Yay Manchester City!!! 🥳🤩

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1