Jump to content

News Forum - Covid-19 Saturday Update: 10,648 cases, 82 deaths, provincial data


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Today, the CCSA reported 10,648 new Covid-19 infections, a change of +162 since yesterday, and 82 Coronavirus-related deaths, a change of -12 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,743,975 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,794 recoveries, a change of +83 from yesterday. There are now 107,378 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, a change of -228 from yesterday, including 2,845 in the ICU and 668 on ventilators.   Of the new Covid-19 infections, 111 were […]

The story Covid-19 Saturday Update: 10,648 cases, 82 deaths, provincial data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

it's really strange how numbers just struck around 10K, does Thailand only have that many test kits available per day?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

it's really strange how numbers just struck around 10K, does Thailand only have that many test kits available per day?

You know the answer Alex 😉. Just do enough PCR's so it stays reasonably steady and for the rest do ATK's and don't count them...

They're not at all interested in knowing what is going on. No random testing at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You know the answer Alex 😉. Just do enough PCR's so it stays reasonably steady and for the rest do ATK's and don't count them...

They're not at all interested in knowing what is going on. No random testing at all. 

Ahh but just wait for the new test hubs to open in BKK. Ohh sorry seems there only for paying tourists, so not many tests going to be done there....🤢

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Ahh but just wait for the new test hubs to open in BKK. Ohh sorry seems there only for paying tourists, so not many tests going to be done there....🤢

Just make them compulsory, problem solved 👍

Imagine getting a false positive and enjoying your whole two week holiday in quarantine, arriving home whiter than you left 🤣

And if you're from the EU enjoy another week red-list quarantine on return.

Holiday of a lifetime 🎉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Just make them compulsory, problem solved 👍

Imagine getting a false positive and enjoying your whole two week holiday in quarantine, arriving home whiter than you left 🤣

And if you're from the EU enjoy another week red-list quarantine on return.

Holiday of a lifetime 🎉

I suppose at least the cost of your $100,000 covid insurance will not be wasted. Everything else but not that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Griff1315 said:

I suppose at least the cost of your $100,000 covid insurance will not be wasted. Everything else but not that...

See, the government really cares because they made it a requirement 😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

See, the government really cares because they made it a requirement 😉

You gotta luv em for it......😍

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boddown said:

Why can't you print the numbers for all the provinces or is it a secret?

Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)"

No, all I see is a list of Thailand locations. No other data at all. Why is it so difficult? Not so long back the data was presented fine. Every day now after a little tinkering it just gets worse. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You know the answer Alex 😉. Just do enough PCR's so it stays reasonably steady and for the rest do ATK's and don't count them...

They're not at all interested in knowing what is going on. No random testing at all. 

Switch to 100% ATK test and that is the end of Covid for Thailand😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NeillF said:

Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)

No unable to  see them on mobile 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

I suppose at least the cost of your $100,000 covid insurance will not be wasted. Everything else but not that...

You raise an interesting point there @Griff1315  I’m assuming Covid cover is for medical costs. If you test positive and are whisked away and isolated for 2 weeks without symptoms, I doubt many policies would pay any form of compensation for a spoiled holiday? I don’t know as I’m yet to look at policies. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You raise an interesting point there @Griff1315  I’m assuming Covid cover is for medical costs. If you test positive and are whisked away and isolated for 2 weeks without symptoms, I doubt many policies would pay any form of compensation for a spoiled holiday? I don’t know as I’m yet to look at policies. 

Your possibly right Mr Ma I know my insurance proved to be totally useless last year when covid first hit Thailand. After my airline cancelled our flights I contacted my insurer back in the UK who would only quote UK government travel advice telling me to return there, withdrawing medical cover from the date of our original return travel date....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Your possibly right Mr Ma I know my insurance proved to be totally useless last year when covid first hit Thailand. After my airline cancelled our flights I contacted my insurer back in the UK who would only quote UK government travel advice telling me to return there, withdrawing medical cover from the date of our original return travel date....

Yes I think most insurance policies turn out to be very different to what you envisage when you buy it. I know insurance is a tricky business as plenty would scam the insurers, but there has to be a better way than how things are currently done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Soidog said:

Yes I think most insurance policies turn out to be very different to what you envisage when you buy it. I know insurance is a tricky business as plenty would scam the insurers, but there has to be a better way than how things are currently done. 

Insurance is the same the world over happy to take your premiums but full of get out clauses when you need it. Covid insurance that covers possible quarantine costs with no actual symptoms might be difficult but I wouldn't know because given the choice I would simply not travel to Thailand with the rules in place here...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use