News Forum - Covid-19 Saturday Update: 10,648 cases, 82 deaths, provincial data

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 10,648 new Covid-19 infections, a change of +162 since yesterday, and 82 Coronavirus-related deaths, a change of -12 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,743,975 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported. In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,794 recoveries, a change of +83 from yesterday. There are now 107,378 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, a change of -228 from yesterday, including 2,845 in the ICU and 668 on ventilators.   Of the new Covid-19 infections, 111 were […]

The story Covid-19 Saturday Update: 10,648 cases, 82 deaths, provincial data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 minute ago, AlexPTY said:

it's really strange how numbers just struck around 10K, does Thailand only have that many test kits available per day?

You know the answer Alex 😉. Just do enough PCR's so it stays reasonably steady and for the rest do ATK's and don't count them...

They're not at all interested in knowing what is going on. No random testing at all. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You know the answer Alex 😉. Just do enough PCR's so it stays reasonably steady and for the rest do ATK's and don't count them...

They're not at all interested in knowing what is going on. No random testing at all. 

Ahh but just wait for the new test hubs to open in BKK. Ohh sorry seems there only for paying tourists, so not many tests going to be done there....🤢

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Ahh but just wait for the new test hubs to open in BKK. Ohh sorry seems there only for paying tourists, so not many tests going to be done there....🤢

Just make them compulsory, problem solved 👍

Imagine getting a false positive and enjoying your whole two week holiday in quarantine, arriving home whiter than you left 🤣

And if you're from the EU enjoy another week red-list quarantine on return.

Holiday of a lifetime 🎉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Just make them compulsory, problem solved 👍

Imagine getting a false positive and enjoying your whole two week holiday in quarantine, arriving home whiter than you left 🤣

And if you're from the EU enjoy another week red-list quarantine on return.

Holiday of a lifetime 🎉

I suppose at least the cost of your $100,000 covid insurance will not be wasted. Everything else but not that...

Just now, Griff1315 said:

I suppose at least the cost of your $100,000 covid insurance will not be wasted. Everything else but not that...

See, the government really cares because they made it a requirement 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boddown said:

Why can't you print the numbers for all the provinces or is it a secret?

Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)

• Thanks 1

"Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)"

No, all I see is a list of Thailand locations. No other data at all. Why is it so difficult? Not so long back the data was presented fine. Every day now after a little tinkering it just gets worse. 

14 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Switch to 100% ATK test and that is the end of Covid for Thailand😀

13 hours ago, NeillF said:

Can you not see them? I have made a point to provide full data for all the provinces in the most readable way possible. (Switching from graphics to text tables in a large font seems to be more readable in the app and mobile devices.)

No unable to  see them on mobile 

22 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

You raise an interesting point there @Griff1315  I’m assuming Covid cover is for medical costs. If you test positive and are whisked away and isolated for 2 weeks without symptoms, I doubt many policies would pay any form of compensation for a spoiled holiday? I don’t know as I’m yet to look at policies. 

17 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You raise an interesting point there @Griff1315  I’m assuming Covid cover is for medical costs. If you test positive and are whisked away and isolated for 2 weeks without symptoms, I doubt many policies would pay any form of compensation for a spoiled holiday? I don’t know as I’m yet to look at policies. 

Your possibly right Mr Ma I know my insurance proved to be totally useless last year when covid first hit Thailand. After my airline cancelled our flights I contacted my insurer back in the UK who would only quote UK government travel advice telling me to return there, withdrawing medical cover from the date of our original return travel date....

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Your possibly right Mr Ma I know my insurance proved to be totally useless last year when covid first hit Thailand. After my airline cancelled our flights I contacted my insurer back in the UK who would only quote UK government travel advice telling me to return there, withdrawing medical cover from the date of our original return travel date....

Yes I think most insurance policies turn out to be very different to what you envisage when you buy it. I know insurance is a tricky business as plenty would scam the insurers, but there has to be a better way than how things are currently done. 

Just now, Soidog said:

Yes I think most insurance policies turn out to be very different to what you envisage when you buy it. I know insurance is a tricky business as plenty would scam the insurers, but there has to be a better way than how things are currently done. 

Insurance is the same the world over happy to take your premiums but full of get out clauses when you need it. Covid insurance that covers possible quarantine costs with no actual symptoms might be difficult but I wouldn't know because given the choice I would simply not travel to Thailand with the rules in place here...

• Like 1