2021 Grand Filano hybrid question

ThailandBob

I don't ride my brand new Grand Filano hybrid very much. Like, maybe once or twice a week for short trips. Every time I go to use it, the battery is dead. I've been told by the dealer that I need to ride it every day. That just sounds like a load of BS. I don't see that recommendation in the manual, and you'd think, this being 2021 and the fact that the motor charges the battery during operation, that starting it up end driving it around every day shouldn't be necessary. I suspect it's a grounding issue and that the bike is slowly draining the battery when I leave it in the garage. I *do* put the key switch into the lock position FWIW. Here's the way I leave it.

1634356652725.jpg

8 hours ago, ThailandBob said:

Here's the way I leave it.

To my untrained eye, that looks like you've got it in "off" not "lock". Parasitic drain should only be a few % per month so driving it every day isn't necessary.

• Like 1

Also need to have the seat closed as there is a light in there that will stay on. 
Sounds odd though. I have one and never a problem with it except when the battery in the electronic key goes out then you are dead. Might try keeping the stop mode at red light switch to normal mode as that might be a drain problem. As for riding it every day, I don’t think so. 

• Like 1