News Forum - Nearly 70,000 foreigners register for vaccines on expatvac site

Thaiger

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, almost 70,000 expat and foreign residents have signed up for Covid-19 vaccines using the expatvac website. The website was created by the Foreign Affairs Ministry, along with the Ministry of Public Health, and open to the public on August 1. The website was set up to help all the expats and foreigners that have been living in Thailand but have struggled to get access to vaccines. The expatvac site allowed foreigners of any age group and any location within Thailand to register to receive their vaccination. The director of the Health Hazard and […]

The story Nearly 70,000 foreigners register for vaccines on expatvac site as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

They could publicize one million expats registered and it would make zero difference whatsoever. Why? Because no one has received what they registered for. Lol. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr.Sivada said:

They could publicize one million expats registered and it would make zero difference whatsoever. Why? Because no one has received what they registered for. Lol. 

That's not actually true. They did provide Pfizer. But many already received it from walk-ins as the people running the expatvac site were hopelessly slow, only sending notifications after people already got their jabs!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, almost 70,000 expat and foreign residents have signed up for Covid-19 vaccines using the expatvac website. The website was created by the Foreign Affairs Ministry, along with the Ministry of Public Health, and open to the public on August 1. The website was set up to help all the expats and foreigners that have been living in Thailand but have struggled to get access to vaccines. The expatvac site allowed foreigners of any age group and any location within Thailand to register to receive their vaccination. The director of the Health Hazard and […]

The story Nearly 70,000 foreigners register for vaccines on expatvac site as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I cannot knock or criticize the system and my only fault was software issues earlier on.

But apart from that I got 2 shots of Pfizer by Bangkok Hospital staff at Siam Paragon. My registration was trouble free. The actual vaccine shots were done quickly and professionally. They even gave me a choice of Astra Zeneca and certificate issued there and then. Just need to register for a Covid19 passport for travel and all squared away.

I'm surprised the numbers are not higher. Much better than Anutins chook raffle fiasco at Bang Sue. Totally unorganized and then the got had the audacity to blame the camera angles.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I cannot knock or criticize the system and my only fault was software issues earlier on.

But apart from that I got 2 shots of Pfizer by Bangkok Hospital staff at Siam Paragon. My registration was trouble free. The actual vaccine shots were done quickly and professionally. They even gave me a choice of Astra Zeneca and certificate issued there and then. Just need to register for a Covid19 passport for travel and all squared away.

I'm surprised the numbers are not higher. Much better than Anutins chook raffle fiasco at Bang Sue. Totally unorganized and then the got had the audacity to blame the camera angles.

Apologies about the typo in the last sentence. i meant to say git and not got.

35 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Totally, 100% verifiably untrue.

Nobody "registered" for a specific vaccine, as that wasn't an option on the website.

The vaccine given was based on the information given, namely age and any medical conditions.

69,441 registered;

13,881 were 60 or over;

4,628 had medical  conditions, supported by evidence;

337 were pregnant.

Under 25% were eligible for Pfizer on age or medical grounds as there was considerable overlap between the eligible groups, and all those registered and eligible for Pfizer have already been vaccinated - most, if not all by now, with both doses.

Those offered Pfizer had the option of Astra Zeneca, and a number who would normally have only been offered Astra Zeneca were offered Pfizer because Thailand had said they would offer a certain amount of Pfizer to foreigners although it wasn't a condition of the countries donating Pfizer.

All that information is readily available and widely reported in main media outlets, and has been confirmed by others here and my own personal experience, as well as from the doctor who gave the pre and post injection briefings.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Just need to register for a Covid19 passport for travel and all squared away.

You should be able to get a standard WHO vaccination 'yellow book' from Bangkok Hospital which is probably more recognised worldwide, which will save you having to apply for the Thai version.

I've mentioned this before here, but I can't recall when or who to.

54 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

That's not actually true. They did provide Pfizer. But many already received it from walk-ins as the people running the expatvac site were hopelessly slow, only sending notifications after people already got their jabs!

Not correct, and very misleading.

They provided Pfizer and / or Astra Zeneca as I've commented above, which is considerably more than most Thais have been offered.

The expatvac site wasn't "hopelessly slow" as registration opened on 1 August and within six weeks, by mid-September, the majority registered including all those over 60 and / or with medical conditions had not only had their first appointment but had their first vaccination.

Some who'd registered didn't wait to be called but took their chances with the various "chook raffle fiascos" that allowed walk-ins, some better organised than others, where some had Pfizer while others who would have got Pfizer and been double vaccinated by now were offered Astra Zeneca instead and have so far only had their first jab.

Others, who were vaccinated before the expatvac site opened either because of where they were or through NGOs, Chambers of Commerce, or company registration, received Astra Zeneca, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.

The whole vaccine procurement and roll out programme has, in my view, been an inexcusable and unforgivable shambles, but foreigners here have undoubtedly generally come out of it far better than their Thai counterparts.

• Like 1

I probably still have my old yellow book (and the newer blue one) laying around somewhere. Didn't bother looking for them when I got my first shot as I suspected no one would know what to do with them anyways.

I registered on the expatvac site. Didn't hear anything. BHP arranged a date/time for me to get an AZ shot in August. 3 weeks later I got a notice (from BHP) to get a Pfizer shot at Central Festival. I'm guessing that was a result of being registered on the expatvac site.

But of course, as I'd already been given a shot of AZ, they wouldn't give me a Pfizer shot so I have to wait 12 weeks to get the second AZ shot (next week).

But no "booster" shot. Or a shot of something else. Unless one of the places I've also registered (and paid on) finally gets the Moderna they've been advertising for months now.

(Even tried to get a Pfizer shot at BHP yesterday after talking to my doc, but as soon as they found out I'd had the AZ shot 10 weeks ago they said no.)

They actually told me that 2 doses of AZ was better than 2 doses of Sino and an AZ "booster". Personally, I'd like to have the AZ, followed by a Pfizer and then a double dose of Moderna as the "booster". Preferably before the rest of the world starts showing up and infection rates skyrocket as they find all manner of people who weren't very honest about having been vaccinated in their home countries.

I've noted before, most of my friends have already had two jabs and a booster jab and I've been waiting 10 weeks now for just the 2nd jab with no idea when (or if) I'll be able to get a booster.

And no idea who is recording it where in the event I need proof of having been jabbed.

I registered at the expatvsite but got registered by the Thai Public Health dept. They were great in all regards. Very professional. 

Thailand should welcome Germans with open arms and flowers , they donated a LOT of vaccaine to Thailand. Even very good one Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA ones. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Not correct, and very misleading.

They provided Pfizer and / or Astra Zeneca as I've commented above, which is considerably more than most Thais have been offered.

The expatvac site wasn't "hopelessly slow" as registration opened on 1 August and within six weeks, by mid-September, the majority registered including all those over 60 and / or with medical conditions had not only had their first appointment but had their first vaccination.

Some who'd registered didn't wait to be called but took their chances with the various "chook raffle fiascos" that allowed walk-ins, some better organised than others, where some had Pfizer while others who would have got Pfizer and been double vaccinated by now were offered Astra Zeneca instead and have so far only had their first jab.

Others, who were vaccinated before the expatvac site opened either because of where they were or through NGOs, Chambers of Commerce, or company registration, received Astra Zeneca, Sinopharm, or Sinovac.

The whole vaccine procurement and roll out programme has, in my view, been an inexcusable and unforgivable shambles, but foreigners here have undoubtedly generally come out of it far better than their Thai counterparts.

I disagree that the process was inexcusable and in shambles. It did take some time to get set up but it wasn't that fast iñ other countries and Thai suffered from not ordering enough at first. I experienced health care rollout in the US and this wasn't bad. I'd give the a B+ for professionalism and service, but only a C for communication, for the Thai population. As for vaccines for foreigners, I'd give them an A in my province. 

In Bangkok where everyone wants to be first they didn't do as well.

2 minutes ago, PfizerModernaJohnson said:

Thailand should welcome Germans with open arms and flowers , they donated a lot of vaccaine. Even very good one Pfizer/BioNTech mRNA.

While I doubt that any tourists will personally have anything to do with a government donation and shouldn't pretend so, any donation is welcome in addition to those 178.2m miracle doses that should be more than enough 🤔

But perhaps you should ask the German (or EU) government if they're happy to take you back, as currently Thailand is on the red-list and any tourist may be asked to go into costly quarantine on return 🤣

3 hours ago, LoongFred said:

I disagree that the process was inexcusable and in shambles. It did take some time to get set up but it wasn't that fast iñ other countries and Thai suffered from not ordering enough at first. I experienced health care rollout in the US and this wasn't bad. I'd give the a B+ for professionalism and service, but only a C for communication, for the Thai population. As for vaccines for foreigners, I'd give them an A in my province. 

The communication from the Government on general vaccine matters with this seemingly message a day method certainly rated a low mark. There seemed to be a lack of cohesive message plan apart from confusion.

But from the moment I registered on the Expatvac site through to notification and most certainly the first injection itself, I would rate my personal experiences as simply excellent. For me, it showed simply great credit to all involved along the Expatvac process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smithydog said:

The communication from the Government on general vaccine matters with this seemingly message a day method certainly rated a low mark. There seemed to be a lack of cohesive message plan apart from confusion.

But from the moment I registered on the Expatvac site through to notification and most certainly the first injection itself, I would rate my personal experiences as simply excellent. For me, it showed simply great credit to all involved along the Expatvac process.

I would echo that too for me in Udon. On an earlier post I commented on the organisation and especially maximum credit to the actual health workers. Professional, courteous, friendly for a job that day in day out must have become  monotonous for them. 

On 10/7/2021 at 6:42 AM, palooka said:

Who goes to visit someone, on invitation, with a firearm?

Yes man you are right , 7 days quarantine! Have to call me boss need one week more holiday but no problem , I guess ! 

„ Germany happy take me back ?“

i almost spilled my morning coffee , I am an essential hospital worker here in Germany 

1 hour ago, kerryd said:

I probably still have my old yellow book (and the newer blue one) laying around somewhere. Didn't bother looking for them when I got my first shot as I suspected no one would know what to do with them anyways.

I registered on the expatvac site. Didn't hear anything. BHP arranged a date/time for me to get an AZ shot in August. 3 weeks later I got a notice (from BHP) to get a Pfizer shot at Central Festival. I'm guessing that was a result of being registered on the expatvac site.

But of course, as I'd already been given a shot of AZ, they wouldn't give me a Pfizer shot so I have to wait 12 weeks to get the second AZ shot (next week).

But no "booster" shot. Or a shot of something else. Unless one of the places I've also registered (and paid on) finally gets the Moderna they've been advertising for months now.

(Even tried to get a Pfizer shot at BHP yesterday after talking to my doc, but as soon as they found out I'd had the AZ shot 10 weeks ago they said no.)

They actually told me that 2 doses of AZ was better than 2 doses of Sino and an AZ "booster". Personally, I'd like to have the AZ, followed by a Pfizer and then a double dose of Moderna as the "booster". Preferably before the rest of the world starts showing up and infection rates skyrocket as they find all manner of people who weren't very honest about having been vaccinated in their home countries.

I've noted before, most of my friends have already had two jabs and a booster jab and I've been waiting 10 weeks now for just the 2nd jab with no idea when (or if) I'll be able to get a booster.

And no idea who is recording it where in the event I need proof of having been jabbed.

Not my experience at all. They issued an official stamped certificate of vaccination for free the following day. I assume it was to avoid crowds waiting. Very smoothly done.

Just now, LoongFred said:

Not my experience at all. They issued an official stamped certificate of vaccination for free the following day. I assume it was to avoid crowds waiting. Very smoothly done.

With the first shot they only gave an appointment slip for the follow up shot. After the second shot they gave a temporary proof of vaccination, with instruction to come back for the official certificate.  No charge for and service, but  there was a donation box in the lobby so I left an appropriate donation. 

1 hour ago, kerryd said:

Thanks for posting that, although I'm sorry to hear that as you're one of those I was talking about.

While a lot of the information here is invaluable, a lot of it is misleading however well intentioned.

When you get your second dose of AZ next week at BPH you'll get a printed 'National Certificate of Covid-19 Vaccination' with all your personal details on it, including your passport number and an allocated 13 figure ID card number (unless you have a 'pink' Thai ID card) that also has a QR code. You can register those details on the app, or just use the printed QR code.

With two jabs of Astra Zeneca you're very unlikely to get a booster jab of anything for the foreseeable future as things stand, and you may well find that whoever you've booked your Moderna with may refuse to give it to you until at least 6 months after your last AZ jab, even though you've paid for it.

That may be frustrating, but look on the bright side - you could have had two jabs of Sinovac instead.

All the details of your vaccinations are held centrally at the Ministry of Public Health Immunization Centre, as well as at wherever you got vaccinated (BPH).

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

I disagree that the process was inexcusable and in shambles. It did take some time to get set up but it wasn't that fast iñ other countries and Thai suffered from not ordering enough at first.

Come on, seriously?

Saying it was all fine except "Thai suffered from not ordering enough at first" is like saying an omelette was great except they didn't include any eggs!

• Like 1

The ending of mask wearing can be expected when 80% of the population are double dose vaccinated. That's become the norm in so many countries (including my own). 

• Like 2

Countries that try it before that time are only pushing back their recovery. I note that so many countries in Asia are used to wearing masks from the outbreaks of SARS and MERS. It's a good practice for all of us to keep up...even if we're vaccinated (especially when safe distance from others isn't possible.

29 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Come on, seriously?

Saying it was all fine except "Thai suffered from not ordering enough at first" is like saying an omelette was great except they didn't include any eggs!

Come on guy. They got it together and made it work

Worked best once it was handed off to the Thai Public Health. They seem to know how to make it work. It doesn't appear to  be the result of the "expatvac " but the village organization. The village nurse sought me out, helped with registration and got appointment. Very nice gal.

The shots were at the provincial hospital and as I said before went very smoothly.