how to block google play in browser? (for that irritant lazada app!)

thaifarmer

Well, the title says it all. I use vivaldi browser for android. tried to find the answer in search engine, but came up with nothing. Hopefully there are some techs out there who know how to stop this.

Description: Every time I want to check out something on lazada, when i go to their website, automatically google play opens up en prompts me to download the lazada app. Which I do not want to do. Fiddled with settings in my phone (xiaomi), without success. 

anyone know how to prevent this?

I am not a techy, but what I do to get rid of those annoying pop-ups is to open Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots, click on 'site settings' and then disable 'JavaScript.' An added bonus is you can read the daily papers without subscribing. Works for me anyway, good luck.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I am not a techy, but what I do to get rid of those annoying pop-ups is to open Chrome browser and click on the 3 dots, click on 'site settings' and then disable 'JavaScript.' An added bonus is you can read the daily papers without subscribing. Works for me anyway, good luck.

Didn't know that about newspapers, thanks a lot.

I also used to get plagued with 'weaveradrenaline.com' constantly diverted my browser to Lazada.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThailandBob said:

Try this procedure. It seems to still be valid for my Vivo phone which runs Android 11.

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/62349/how-can-i-stop-being-redirected-to-the-app-store-google-store-by-dodgy-ad-script

Thanks, always found it annoying when inadvertently browsing items f/s on my tablet, usually when out and wishing to compare ticket prices with online.  Good fix. 👍

On 10/16/2021 at 1:34 PM, ThailandBob said:

Try this procedure. It seems to still be valid for my Vivo phone which runs Android 11.

https://android.stackexchange.com/questions/62349/how-can-i-stop-being-redirected-to-the-app-store-google-store-by-dodgy-ad-script

Thx for the input,

This worked for my pc in my vivaldi browser as an extention (vivaldi is based on chrome). On my phone it didn't work, but I tried the adblock on google play, which is a stand-alone app, and that keeps the lazada site nicely IN the browser 😀.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:28 PM, Marble-eye said:

Try to go to lazada site with java off. it won't work. at least not in my phone. all pictures are gone. looks like they to a lot in java. But thx anyway for the input.

On 10/16/2021 at 2:38 PM, NCC1701A said:

not sure but try downloading Brave browser and see if you get a different result. 

if not delete it .

https://brave.com/

Ran brave before. It is a good browser, it is just that vivaldi is a lot better with bookmarks and that was my reason for the switch.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's detecting your browser is mobile based on useragent is my guess.

See if you can spoof a desktop useragent string in your browser. 

Sometimes browsers have a "use desktop site" setting. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vince said:

It's detecting your browser is mobile based on useragent is my guess.

See if you can spoof a desktop useragent string in your browser. 

Sometimes browsers have a "use desktop site" setting. 

thx, i will check this.