News Forum - Tourism operators: Russians and others need clear entry rules

Thaiger

18 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm lost by this.

What possible difference can it make to schools if tourists are coming, or to tourists if schools are open or closed, unless the Jimmy Savile fan club are coming?

What's the connection, or the problem?

Omg! Public Transportation,for one instance  !With schools opening up social interaction via transportation, sky train,buses ,planes,will effect everyone, locals and tourists!

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Fed up tourism operators in Thailand have called for the government to stop flip-flopping and announce and stick to clear entry rules for international travellers right away before the high season is a wash, especially for the lucrative Russian market. Things like the Thailand Pass, set to replace the hated certificate of entry, are often announced but not fleshed out or confirmed, leading to confusion or lack of faith in being able to travel for sure. Commercial international flights are scheduled to be reinstated by the Russian government on November 9, but tour companies complain that they can’t sell packages […]

The story Tourism operators: Russians and others need clear entry rules as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Like always the incompetent clowns and empty heads talk first before they are thinking. And will be like that while they are in charge because it is the nature of incompetent empty heads and they are not able to reflect themself. There are interesting studies about small kids and babies when they can realize who the person is they see in the mirror you will find many aspects similiar to them and where their level is.

4 hours ago, Stonker said:

Life for the 95% of Thais outside places like Pattaya and Phuket doesn't center around foreign tourists, and the vast majority don't want the country opened to tourists until enough people have been properly vaccinated, and that's not happening yet.

Every poll has said that emphatically, every survey, and now even up here in Issan they're putting up signs saying that they're closed to tourists.

What's so hard to accept about that?

Where do the hotel staff come from, where are all the vegetables and rice grown for the tourist industry, where do all the staff for the supporting industries come from and just about everybody on here knows a poll in Thailand is not worth the paper it’s written on.

not saying your wrong about waiting until vaccination levels are higher. But the rest is your opinion. It’s raining and you are just trying to fire people up. BAU really. 

• Like 3

I have to echo the comment of my fellow Aussie, that the Russians will (if there's alcohol on offer) be there before we will. Although, I did see that Russell Crowe is taking selfies in Phuket........ Everyone in Australia is equal...it's just that some are more "equal" than others....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's all rhetoric and propaganda.

Thailand won't be flooded with tourists, because they're deliberately delaying publication of the exact regulations.

And Thailand is on the red-list of some countries, so they can name the country, but virually nobody from there will accept quarantine on return.

And with the virus all around and no places open to even have a drink (not suggesting only drunks come, but in your holiday you may want to go out and enjoy yourself beyond your evening meal!), many will go to safer and more open places.

And once known, all the requirements will take time to arrange, so people aren't queueing up at BKK yet.

Possibly exactly what the government wants. Just keep the carrot on the stick and everyone on hold. And then come December or January a few more will arrive. 

Then it's a matter of whether they can continue hiding the true figures when cases spike and the unvaccinated and Sinivac vaccinated start filling the hospitals...

You can just see it happening already...

I fully agree with you Bob. I would go further, it is increasingly obvious to me that they don't want to spend money getting the vaccine into their own peoples arms, they make all the noise but little action, waiting for the world to give it to them. They don't care about their own people. To hide this, they flip flop with their rules,  tweak them here and there, rename the failed COE to Travel Pass etc. Truth be told, they don't care about their own, and they don't care about us, and their actions show me that they don't want tourists! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

I have to echo the comment of my fellow Aussie, that the Russians will (if there's alcohol on offer) be there before we will. Although, I did see that Russell Crowe is taking selfies in Phuket........ Everyone in Australia is equal...it's just that some are more "equal" than others....

Isn't Russel Crowe taking selfies in Phuket about as tasteless as George Micheal being caught in Beverley Hills toilets ?

40 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

I fully agree with you Bob. I would go further, it is increasingly obvious to me that they don't want to spend money getting the vaccine into their own peoples arms, they make all the noise but little action, waiting for the world to give it to them. They don't care about their own people. To hide this, they flip flop with their rules,  tweak them here and there, rename the failed COE to Travel Pass etc. Truth be told, they don't care about their own, and they don't care about us, and their actions show me that they don't want tourists! 

Well, they care, as long as it's for the Bangkok and surrounding areas.

If they'd said in July "sorry, but it's going to take 6 months" they could have helped the poorest, but they didn't do it. Why not? They have plenty of money... They never even fully spent the small aid-packages they promised last year. It's control, I guess.

They don't even easily accept what is donated in vaccines. Administrative mess with the US since July. Unless it's the useless stuff from China or the same AZ as is a fiasco here and then give only 20% boosters. 

178.2m doses this year (plus additionally donated doses), anyone believe that? Yeah right 🤣🤣🤣

Should have tried this in a W.European nation! Sooner or later something's gonna crack here though, if they keep pushing. 

I have only respect for how people cope under difficult circumstances here and hope opening up gets stalled as long as possible, while vaccines trickle in, in order not to make more victims. You can survive a really difficult spell of poverty. But once they switch off your ventilator it's over.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Omg! Public Transportation,for one instance  !With schools opening up social interaction via transportation, sky train,buses ,planes,will effect everyone, locals and tourists!

I still can't follow how opening schools before tourists would make any difference, as whether the tourists arrive on day 1 of school opening or on day 101 the numbers of both getting on the buses, skytrain, etc are going to be exactly the same and the social interaction exactly the same. 

The only difference is that the increase in numbers would be in two steps, first school kids then tourists, but the numbers once you 'unleash' the tourist flood will be the same.

If there's a delay the only difference it makes is to allow more time for vaccinations, but that's a very different issue.

How can there be any difference in numbers  on public transport between tourists arriving on day 1of school opening or day 101?

The numbers are identical 😂!

2 hours ago, BBY said:

Where do the hotel staff come from, where are all the vegetables and rice grown for the tourist industry, where do all the staff for the supporting industries come from .....

You seem to have missed a large part of my point.

The "hotel staff",  and "all the staff for the supporting industries," etc,  come from the provinces, primarily Isaan - the areas which have been and still are the lowest priority for vaccinations.

Why on earth would those who are unvaccinated, with the least chance of getting vaccinated anytime soon, want to move before they're vaccinated to the known highest risk areas such as Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket, where those already there and any tourists arriving have all been vaccinated so they'll be taking less precautions, doing less social distancing, etc, so their own chances of getting infected and sent back to their home province will spiral?

Assuming they don't die or get hospitalised, they'll not only be no better off than before but they'll have gone to the trouble and expense of moving, just when it's coming up to harvest time and they could be earning less money but at least they'd be at home, with their kids and family, and relatively safe as they have been for a year or more.

Why would they want to move now, rather than wait two or three months until they're fully vaccinated, like everyone else in the tourist / Covid hot spots?

2 hours ago, BBY said:

not saying your wrong about waiting until vaccination levels are higher. But the rest is your opinion.  

Well, there isn't really any "rest" as "waiting until vaccination levels are higher" is all I'm suggesting and all I've ever suggested 😂!

yes,i hope to get a clear understanding of how to get a visa.this coe and insurance is killing thailand.i have insurance that covers any medical i may need but thai embassy dont want to take it for a visa.whos going to pay $3 to $4,000 usa bucks for insurance when local thai people cant even get the insurance they bought to pay for covid and other things.its a total waste.drop all the hoops,insurance included and open up.ive only got a few more weeks to decide and book flights.if they keep adding restrictions this reopen will surely flop. go back to how you got an o/a visa and others as it was pre covid. it was a lot of paper work before and this revised  coe and insurance is stopping many,many tourtist.if anything just charge all incoming to thai a set fee and stop all the hoop jumping. chock dee to all

5 hours ago, Stonker said:

Why on earth would those who are unvaccinated, with the least chance of getting vaccinated anytime soon, want to move before they're vaccinated to the known highest risk areas such as Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket, where those already there and any tourists arriving have all been vaccinated so they'll be taking less precautions, doing less social distancing, etc, so their own chances of getting infected and sent back to their home province will spiral?

Because they (and their family) need the money?

13 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Because they (and their family) need the money?

They've got by without "the money" for the last 18 months. They're now coming up to harvest-time for the next two or three, so now is the time when they need "the money" least and as long as they're unvaccinated the risk is highest.

In two or three months time they'll be fully vaccinated and the harvest will be in.

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

They've got by without "the money" for the last 18 months. They're now coming up to harvest-time for the next two or three, so now is the time when they need "the money" least and as long as they're unvaccinated the risk is highest.

In two or three months time they'll be fully vaccinated and the harvest will be in.

Isn't the harvest around end November?
ANd now it is easier to enter Phuket than one month ago, when you had to be vaccinated. I heard several telling they entered Phuket again recently.

Edited by Alavan

I'm from Russia, I'm a tourist.  I want to spend $ 5-6000 on vacation.  I am madly in love with Thailand, BUT I have a limited vacation of 2-3 weeks and it must be planned TODAY for November.  And I'm going to the Maldives.  Because in Thailand, nothing is clear and everything is too complicated.  What quarantine, what kind of insurance?!?! ????  I saved a YEAR for vacation.  And there are THOUSANDS of us.

• Like 3

Fed up tourism operators in Thailand are calling on the government to stop flip-flopping and announce clear entry rules for international travelers right away before the high season is here.........

Preach! Fed up is the understatement with this mess....

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm lost by this.

What possible difference can it make to schools if tourists are coming, or to tourists if schools are open or closed, unless the Jimmy Savile fan club are coming?

What's the connection, or the problem?

Could be the girls in their final year moonlighting in Nana !

If you want a flight before the Christmas prices, you've booked now.
  Many of my friends and myself have done that.
  The destinations this winter are:
  Costa Rica, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Panama, Maldives.
  But two will land in Thailand too ..