News Forum - Tourism operators: Russians and others need clear entry rules

Thaiger

Fed up tourism operators in Thailand have called for the government to stop flip-flopping and announce and stick to clear entry rules for international travellers right away before the high season is a wash, especially for the lucrative Russian market. Things like the Thailand Pass, set to replace the hated certificate of entry, are often announced but not fleshed out or confirmed, leading to confusion or lack of faith in being able to travel for sure. Commercial international flights are scheduled to be reinstated by the Russian government on November 9, but tour companies complain that they can’t sell packages […]

The story Tourism operators: Russians and others need clear entry rules as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

10 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Fed up tourism operators in Thailand have called for the government to stop flip-flopping and announce and stick to clear entry rules for international travellers right away before the high season is a wash, especially for the lucrative Russian market. Things like the Thailand Pass, set to replace the hated certificate of entry, are often announced but not fleshed out or confirmed, leading to confusion or lack of faith in being able to travel for sure. Commercial international flights are scheduled to be reinstated by the Russian government on November 9, but tour companies complain that they can’t sell packages […]

The story Tourism operators: Russians and others need clear entry rules as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"He says that if rules and procedures aren’t nailed down for what the British media labelled the most complicated entry restrictions in the world,".....Dear Thaiger, please site the source of which British media outlet labelled Thailand as most complicated. 

• Like 2

Ya gotta feel sorry for businesses especially the ones that dropped millions of Thai baht into a new establishment just before March 2020.

Can you imagine!

• Like 1

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. How many people here have said the same things for months now. They need to set and publish the rules now. As a traveler I can’t plan what I don’t know. Personally I have some time since I’m not coming until after Christmas. However I still need to be buying flights and reserving rooms by mid November at the latest. People who want to come in November should have made plans already. Thailand has already lost most of their numbers for November. 

• Like 7

A few weeks ago I'm sure the 'Hoteliers association' were collectively saying the same thing as what 'Tourism operators' are saying now... Indeed weeks have passed, & the Thai authorities are STILL messing around with their grand plans to reopen the country... Nothing is ever set in stone, one Gov. institution will pass a bill, then another will over-ride it.. By about Feb/March they MAY come to some agreement on allowing (the millions of) waiting tourists to enter the country without all the needless requirements..

Well guess what..?  Your umpteen expected millions of holiday-makers/wallet-laden returnees may have already  found a new paradise, and are already there enjoying spending cash that has been saved up since early 2020.. But never mind, you've always got 'Domestic Tourism' to pull you thru'.

• Like 7

No doubt the Russian will flock back once the details are figured out.

I wonder what the Thai Government will do once a spike in the Covid happens due to the influx of Foreign Nationals. More snap lock downs or just let it go.

Us Australians will be left watching in envy as the Russian get to enjoy Thailand and all its Islands.

Still in lock down here in OZ

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shane said:

No doubt the Russian will flock back once the details are figured out.

I wonder what the Thai Government will do once a spike in the Covid happens due to the influx of Foreign Nationals. More snap lock downs or just let it go.

Us Australians will be left watching in envy as the Russian get to enjoy Thailand and all its Islands.

Still in lock down here in OZ

Bloody awful for you guys, it must make you feel as if it is still a penal colony with all the restrictions.

27 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

"He says that if rules and procedures aren’t nailed down for what the British media labelled the most complicated entry restrictions in the world,".....Dear Thaiger, please site the source of which British media outlet labelled Thailand as most complicated. 

It was an attention grabbing article headline in the holiday pages of the Telegraph, which then went on to say that it was "well worth the effort" as it had previously "not been possible to holiday in south-east Asia ... since the start of the pandemic".

Hardly accurate, obviously.

6 minutes ago, Tanuki said:

Your umpteen expected millions of holiday-makers/wallet-laden returnees may have already  found a new paradise, and are already there enjoying spending cash that has been saved up since early 2020 ...

Where?

Where is there a better alternative, open for umpteen million tourists that offers anything similar?

"I am bored working government job. What you want do for excitement?"

"Change entry rules again. Watch Farang heads turn red and explode." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"I am bored working government job. What you want do for excitement?"

"Change entry rules again. Watch Farang heads turn red and explode." 

They're already red from the booze. Well, the English are anyway.

17 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad. How many people here have said the same things for months now. They need to set and publish the rules now. As a traveler I can’t plan what I don’t know. Personally I have some time since I’m not coming until after Christmas. However I still need to be buying flights and reserving rooms by mid November at the latest. People who want to come in November should have made plans already. Thailand has already lost most of their numbers for November. 

"Sad" for who?

Life for the 95% of Thais outside places like Pattaya and Phuket doesn't center around foreign tourists, and the vast majority don't want the country opened to tourists until enough people have been properly vaccinated, and that's not happening yet.

Every poll has said that emphatically, every survey, and now even up here in Issan they're putting up signs saying that they're closed to tourists.

What's so hard to accept about that?

• Like 1

This govt doesn’t have all their ducks in a row . The schools should have  some time to function before opening the doors to their tourist communities  and other cities such a Bangkok!

“Successful reopening and recovery rely on public trust in the government. Trust can be built and maintained by engaging communities in planning for reopen- ing and by clearly communicating through credible channels”.

https://www.cgdev.org/sites/default/files/planning-school-reopening-and-recovery-after-covid-19.pdf

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Sad" for who?

It’s a figure of speech, nothing more. My point being it’s sad they repeatedly can’t seem to get rules set in time for their own plans. 

As for the rest of your rant, not really sure why you felt the need. I wasn’t making a point about the need to open. Hope to made you feel better all the same. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Yesterday Great Britain 45000 case COVID.

it’s low risk country for PM?

It's all rhetoric and propaganda.

Thailand won't be flooded with tourists, because they're deliberately delaying publication of the exact regulations.

And Thailand is on the red-list of some countries, so they can name the country, but virually nobody from there will accept quarantine on return.

And with the virus all around and no places open to even have a drink (not suggesting only drunks come, but in your holiday you may want to go out and enjoy yourself beyond your evening meal!), many will go to safer and more open places.

And once known, all the requirements will take time to arrange, so people aren't queueing up at BKK yet.

Possibly exactly what the government wants. Just keep the carrot on the stick and everyone on hold. And then come December or January a few more will arrive. 

Then it's a matter of whether they can continue hiding the true figures when cases spike and the unvaccinated and Sinivac vaccinated start filling the hospitals...

You can just see it happening already...

• Like 8

1 minute ago, EdwardV said:

It’s a figure of speech, nothing more. My point being it’s sad they repeatedly can’t seem to get rules set in time for their own plans.

Agreed, but it's equally sad that people like you can't stop whingeing about it.

You're not as important as you think you are - just accept it.

4 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

As for the rest of your rant, not really sure why you felt the need. I wasn’t making a point about the need to open. Hope to made you feel better all the same. 

It's raining, the tail-end of a tropical storm, so it passes the time.

Sorry if you thought you were of more significance.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Luigi said:

Yesterday Great Britain 45000 case COVID.

it’s low risk country for PM?

Don't forget the average 850,000 tests per day in the UK and an average 75% vaccinated. Has Thailand managed 10 million tests yet? What is the percentage vaccinated in Thailand and which vaccination has been administered?

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

38 minutes ago, riclag said:

The schools should have  some time to function before opening the doors to their tourist communities  and other cities such a Bangkok!

I'm lost by this.

What possible difference can it make to schools if tourists are coming, or to tourists if schools are open or closed, unless the Jimmy Savile fan club are coming?

What's the connection, or the problem?

3 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Don't forget the average 850,000 tests per day in the UK and an average 75% vaccinated. Has Thailand managed 10 million tests yet? What is the percentage vaccinated in Thailand and which vaccination has been administered?

So what?

Entry restrictions for other countries coming to Thailand are based on their Covid rates, or should be, not on Thailand's, and on current deaths and hospitalisations - not how many tests they carry out which is meaningless unless you know who's being tested.

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

"Sad" for who?

Life for the 95% of Thais outside places like Pattaya and Phuket doesn't center around foreign tourists, and the vast majority don't want the country opened to tourists until enough people have been properly vaccinated, and that's not happening yet.

Every poll has said that emphatically, every survey, and now even up here in Issan they're putting up signs saying that they're closed to tourists.

What's so hard to accept about that?

Yep you correct, however many foreigner think that entire thailand is about tourism  is not at all just bangkok, phuket and pattaya are  the biggest places, the rest is quiet no loud, drunk, rude foreigners... just normal life

• Like 5