News Forum - Soi Dog Foundation provides food relief for animals in flood-hit central Thailand

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Excellent idea, Mr Dog! Just fill in everything below.

Complete Name (with Photo):

Mother's Maiden Name:

Height:

Weight:

Wife's Name (with Phot):

Wife's Maiden Name:

Wife's Age:

Wife Height:

Wife Weight:

Child(ren) (with photo(s)):

Home Address(es) (including country, city, country and all identifying codes):

Bank(s) Name:

Bank(s) Account Number:

Bank Transfer Number:

Credit card(s) Number(s):

House Mortgage details:

Child(ren)'s Bank Information:

Child(ren)'s Credit card Information:

Dog:

Cat:

Once all the above is filled correctly and entirely, I'll begin making my monthly contribution to the Soi Dog Foundation through you; you won't need to even look at your accounts ever again.

Thanks in advance for all your cash Contributions!

Have a great day!

Don't waste your money, children and orphans are a much more worthy cause than stray mutts

8 hours ago, LoongFred said:

Yea. I've seen Thais feeding stray dogs. I carry a long walking stick when I  take my dogs out. I had a German Shepard a couple of years ago, that almost got into it with a couple of local dogs, but they wisely backed off. Since then I8 carry my stick and they don't come close. The GS isn't aggressive toward others but is very protective and shows he won't back down.

Where we're at there aren't a lot of strays  but our neighbors seem to let there dogs roam,  which is the same problem.

My German Shepherd came with me from the US and we lived on Nanai Rd in Patong 

And he took no shit from the soi digs when we were out walking 

As my wife would say "Bishop is a good dog, but you don't want to make a problem with him" 5555

Now my current Golden, he's a doof and we'd have a problem.

As much as I love dogs, you have to carry a stick if you have your own dog. And probably will never need to actually hit any dog with it. Just hold it up 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stonker said:

I'm not "complaining", just pointing out that something obviously doesn't add up - badly.

I don't know about you, but I've not seen too many 100 kg cats, or dogs, which is the size of a buffalo calf.

Was not directed at you @Stonker

I don't even think you were saying something nefarious was going on, just looking at the #'s

When I l lived in Patong there was a dog with the biggest mange that could barely walk

I called Soi Dogs and they came and got him

They were the only ones I knew to call to help the poor thing, in whatever way they did

So that's good enough for me......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Was not directed at you @Stonker

Sorry, it just came after my comment and seemed pretty all-encompassing.

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't even think you were saying something nefarious was going on, just looking at the #'s

I deliberately left that open, as there's clearly something badly wrong with what's claimed and reported.

12 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

Excellent idea, Mr Dog! Just fill in everything below.

Complete Name (with Photo):

Mother's Maiden Name:

Height:

Weight:

Wife's Name (with Phot):

Wife's Maiden Name:

Wife's Age:

Wife Height:

Wife Weight:

Child(ren) (with photo(s)):

Home Address(es) (including country, city, country and all identifying codes):

Bank(s) Name:

Bank(s) Account Number:

Bank Transfer Number:

Credit card(s) Number(s):

House Mortgage details:

Child(ren)'s Bank Information:

Child(ren)'s Credit card Information:

Dog:

Cat:

Once all the above is filled correctly and entirely, I'll begin making my monthly contribution to the Soi Dog Foundation through you; you won't need to even look at your accounts ever again.

Thanks in advance for all your cash Contributions!

Have a great day!

Almost as complicated as a COE application 😂😂

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

You act like the Soi Dog Foundation and similar organizations are somehow responsible for Thailand's stray animal problem; what a ridiculous idea.

The animal problem in Thailand is caused by humans, and more specifically by humans not managing their garbage. Simply put, if humans provide food (in the guise of garbage), then some kind of animal, be it a dog, a cat, a rat, or some other species will be nearby to eat it; that is how life works. If you want to see a reduction in the number of animals about, you need to reduce or remove their food source. Period.

Respectfully, save your distain for the actual humans who cause this problem, and not for those who try to do something about it, however small that effort might be.

Spot on ! 👏

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

Something's badly not right here.

40 tons of food for 3,000 dogs and cats for a week - that's around 2 kg of food  for each dog or cat every day.

They'd have to be 100kgs each to get through that amount of food, including the cats (according to Soi Dog Foundation there are1,950 dogs and 1,118 cats).

My dogs are all pretty big, over 30 kgs, with good appetites, well fed, they eat dry dog food, and they eat a quarter of that.

Something doesn't add up here.

Says 3,000 PLUS

16 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Only  some of the miserable bastatds on this forum could complain about Soi Dog Foundation trying to do some good.

I swear, some of the guys are here are the most miserable people I have ever encountered 

What the hell happens to you in life to make you so miserable????

Trying to live on 30,000 baht a month is usually at the root of it ! 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My German Shepherd came with me from the US and we lived on Nanai Rd in Patong 

And he took no shit from the soi digs when we were out walking 

As my wife would say "Bishop is a good dog, but you don't want to make a problem with him" 5555

Now my current Golden, he's a doof and we'd have a problem.

As much as I love dogs, you have to carry a stick if you have your own dog. And probably will never need to actually hit any dog with it. Just hold it up 

My grandad once said to me if an aggressive dog comes at you, bend down as though you're picking up a stone, I assumed he had been at the cooking sherry so dismissed it with a condescending smile. 

But it works 100% believe me - absolutely no idea why but its worked 100% of the time on the 5 or 6 times it's happened to me ! It seems to confuse the crap out of them and they back off.

Seems the old uns know best.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Benroon said:

My grandad once said to me if an aggressive dog comes at you, bend down as though you're picking up a stone, I assumed he had been at the cooking sherry so dismissed it with a condescending smile. 

But it works 100% believe me - absolutely no idea why but its worked 100% of the time on the 5 or 6 times it's happened to me ! It seems to confuse the crap out of them and they back off.

Seems the old uns know best.

I will say, it was a real pain in the ass walking my dog in Patong 

The Soi dogs would go crazy......

I am a bit on the fence about Soidog Foundation - they do a great job, but in my opinion they are not 'political' enough and that is what is needed to solve the problem - but that is not what they are and want to be so they are merely band-aids on a severe wound. They aint gonna make much difference, but at least they are trying I guess.  The problem with strays in Thailand is why we intend, if we do return to live there, to live again in a gated community - one with walls and guards that will drive away and out any stray dogs. However, we both love dogs and we do intend to get an older one (no more pups thanks) if/when we move back - and the local soidog foundation place will be where we look to 'adopt'.   I have already said in an earlier post what I see as the solutions, but in my opinion although Florence Nightingale did a wonderful thing, the problem that needed fixing was the Crimean War itself - no amount of nursing was ever going to stop that war, and no amount of soidog foundation will solve the stray dog problems in Thailand.      

• Like 2

15 hours ago, thai3 said:

Sticking a plaster on an open wound. Last time I looked at their stats since they started it was averaging out 100+ dogs a day sterilized, while they are doing this I suspect more strays are born than that in my sub district. I am not saying what they do is a total waste of time, it's just nowhere near the answer. 

Respectfully, enough of your (lack of) virtue-signaling.

The Soi Dog Foundation does not have responsibility to solve the issue of stray animals in Thailand. It was never meant to do so, and the only thing that can get a handle on the problem is the infusion of State-Level resources.

By the way...

OXFAM can't end world hunger, but it is still a good organization.

Doctors Without Borders (Médecins sans Frontiers or MSF) can't deal with every global medical issue, but is still a good organization.

Greenpeace can't sort out the global environment, but is still a good organization.

Laws against opium don't stop all global opium addiction, but are still a good idea.

Alcoholic Anonymous (AA) can't deal with every global alcohol issue, but is still a good organization.

Laws against drunk-driving don't stop everyone from drunk-driving, but they are still a good idea.

Anti-gun laws don't stop all mass shootings, but are still a good idea.

Campaigns designed to protect the Amazon rain forest don't protect every blade of grass there, but are still a good idea.

Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

This idea of some that unless you can solve every little nagging detail of a problem, you should do nothing but sit at your keyboard and post whining/whingeing anonymous messages to public forums is nauseating.

The Soi Dog Foundation does what it can with the resources it has. If that isn't enough for you, then either try to up their resources so that it can do more or just leave them alone and allow them to do what they are able to do.

As @Marc26said above;

"Only  some of the miserable bastards on this forum could complain about Soi Dog Foundation trying to do some good.

I swear, some of the guys are here are the most miserable people I have ever encountered 

What the hell happens to you in life to make you so miserable????"

The Soi Dog Foundation is an excellent organization.

Period.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Shade_Wilder said:

The Soi Dog Foundation does not have responsibility to solve the issue of stray animals in Thailand. It was never meant to do so, and the only thing that can get a handle on the problem is the infusion of State-Level resources.

By the way...

Doctors Without Borders (Médecins sans Frontiers or MSF) can't deal with every global medical issue, but is still a good organization.

Greenpeace can't sort out the global environment, but is still a good organization.

Laws against opium don't stop all global opium addiction, but are still a good idea.

Alcoholic Anonymous (AA) can't deal with every global alcohol issue, but is still a good organization.

Laws against drunk-driving don't stop everyone from drunk-driving, but they are still a good idea.

Campaigns designed to protect the Amazon rain forest don't protect every blade of grass there, but are still a good idea.

Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

This idea of some that unless you can solve every little nagging detail of a problem, you should do nothing but sit at your keyboard and post whining/whingeing anonymous messages to public forums is nauseating.

The Soi Dog Foundation does what it can with the resources it has. If that isn't enough for you, then either try to up their resources so that it can do more or just leave them alone and allow them to do what they are able to do.

As @Marc26said above;

"Only  some of the miserable bastards on this forum could complain about Soi Dog Foundation trying to do some good.

Period.

Sorry - but I disagree with some of what you said about some of those NGO organisations, and I will also point out that you are being the 'virtue signaller', and I will also point out that everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not does not make them a bad/evil person, and I will also state the obvious in case it has never been said to you before - your words are not being spoken by an all knowing all seeing entity who is never wrong and cannot be challenged.

May I suggest you need to calm down and let it slide and stop abusing those that do not agree with you that the soidog foundation is the greatest thing on this planet.  Some people believe that they are only making things worse, and I do not think their view is unacceptable and totally wrong and that they should be 'shut down'.   

6 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

By the way...

Etc. Etc. Etc. Etc.

As @Marc26said above;

Period.

Could I please nominate as post of the month 👏🏻👏🏻

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Sorry - but I disagree with some of what you said about some of those NGO organisations, and I will also point out that you are being the 'virtue signaller', and I will also point out that everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you agree or not does not make them a bad/evil person, and I will also state the obvious in case it has never been said to you before - your words are not being spoken by an all knowing all seeing entity who is never wrong and cannot be challenged.

May I suggest you need to calm down and let it slide and stop abusing those that do not agree with you that the soidog foundation is the greatest thing on this planet.  Some people believe that they are only making things worse, and I do not think their view is unacceptable and totally wrong and that they should be 'shut down'.   

Exasperation yes but abuse ? I can’t see it