News Forum - Thai Twitter goes crazy as Russell Crowe tweets Sandbox visit

Thaiger

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

Thats right Bob. And while we are talking about ugly culture let's not forget his first big movie Romper Stomper, which was based on a true story about Aussie skinheads who went around bashing Asian blokes and shialas in Footscray.

Yep - we used to have a lot of those Nazi white supremacy scumbags out in public down here - nowadays they are more 'under ground' and that movie really highlighted to Aussie people what they were really like.  But they are still here (and everywhere in the west) - like the cockroaches that they are.   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Me too 😁  More so if/when the Junta becomes a memory 😉

As long as the price of "short time" stays reasonable,  who cares what the government is. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Yep - we used to have a lot of those Nazi white supremacy scumbags out in public down here - nowadays they are more 'under ground' and that movie really highlighted to Aussie people what they were really like.  But they are still here (and everywhere in the west) - like the cockroaches that they are.   

Yes, luckily over here the Thai kids don't carry on with that nonsense. It isn't a part of their culture. You will will get thousands of "Welcum" and Welcum Hansum man" but unless you are rude you won't get bashed and it won't be merely for being a different skin colour.

Very nice people the thais. No wonder Big Russ is having a great time and loving here like I do.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

As long as the price of "short time" stays reasonable,  who cares what the government is. 

Each to their own young fella - been there done that  😉  and then suddenly I got old and wised up 😇

Just now, RobMuir said:

Yes, luckily over here the Thai kids don't carry on with that nonsense. It isn't a part of their culture. You will will get thousands of "Welcum" and Welcum Hansum man" but unless you are rude you won't get bashed and it won't be merely for being a different skin colour.

Very nice people the thais. No wonder Big Russ is having a great time and loving here like I do.

So true - Thais are by and large extremely polite and friendly.  Nearly every story about an Expat getting 'beat up' starts with the Expat being insulting and rude towards a Thai male and thus causing loss of face. Part of the deal when in Thailand - you can express yourself on the forums, but never in public. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

There are millions of decent looking single available Thai women.

Must be something wrong with you if you need to resort to dirty hookers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AussieBob said:

every story about an Expat getting 'beat up' starts with the Expat being insulting and rude towards a Thai male

Or the drunken sex tourist types who assault Thai women.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RobMuir said:

There are millions of decent looking single available Thai women.

Must be something wrong with you if you need to resort to dirty hookers.

I'm fine. But I'm concerned with you that you couldn't find the humor behind my post. On a side note,  if you think those beautiful single women are into you for your personality, then you are fooling yourself. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Oh dear. You are commenting on him. Do yourself a favour. Go outside and ask ten Thais who Russel Crowe is. 

The Thais have made him feel welcome. I have been getting the same welcome for 43 years here.

That you don't really says more about yourself than Thai people. They are good at picking characters.

Total agreement - I doubt very many would recognise the name any more than they would Andrea Bocelli.

1 minute ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

you think those beautiful single women are into you for your personality, then you are fooling yourself. 

I have been coming to Thailand since I was 8 years old. I have a body count well over 300 in Thailand.

In my 20-30s they couldn't keep their hands off me. Now I rely more on my sweet mouth.

Sounds like you suffer from low self esteem. Thai females are good at picking up on that.

Just now, Stonker said:

Total agreement - I doubt very many would recognise the name any more than they would Andrea Bocelli.

Who?

Just now, Stonker said:

Isn't that a type of Broccoli ? 😆

15 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I have been coming to Thailand since I was 8 years old. I have a body count well over 300 in Thailand.

In my 20-30s they couldn't keep their hands off me. Now I rely more on my sweet mouth.

Sounds like you suffer from low self esteem. Thai females are good at picking up on that.

Ya got me there. Sorry, I didn't know that your body count was so high! I should show you the respect that you have clearly earned. Congrats on being such a high value male from the age of 8 (which sounds young but who am I to judge). Sounds like you have no issues with your self-esteem judging from your sexual prowess......By the way, this has all been sarcasm. I feel the need to point that out because you are clearly a moron.

Edited by Lawyers_Guns_and_Money
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I am talking about the blind obsession of Thai culture for famous people and preferential treatments people in power receive concerning rules and laws: they don’t apply to them. 

... and that doesn't apply in the West too?

Get real.

One of the big differences is that however much Thais love their superstars and flock to see them, at least here they generally keep a respectful distance.

Paradorn at his peak and Carabao could go shopping in Lotus or Foodland and while everyone knew who they were, they didn't have to wear a silly hat and sunglasses to keep the paparazzi and the fans at bay.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

That Thai woman who escaped Phuket and snuck to her hometown in Chon Buri is no longer the most famous person in the Phuket Sandbox. Movie star Russell Crowe blew up Thai media when he posted his positive experience coming to Thailand through the Phuket Sandbox to film his newest movie. The star of such Hollywood hits as Gladiator and A Beautiful Mind came to Thailand to shoot a Vietnam War movie called “The Greatest Beer Run Ever”. He stirred up a frenzy online after posting about the Phuket Sandbox on October 11 explaining the process simply, as well as […]

The story Thai Twitter goes crazy as Russell Crowe tweets Sandbox visit as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I remember when Russell Crowe used to have the power to bring the world together and bridge divides...when he had abs. Now, he is a symbol of what is wrong. Marginal work, bloated, and writing checks based on former glory. LA Confidential is still awesome though.

12 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Yup, just go to his twitter account. Looks like he was outside on 7 October if he took those pics himself. Not much else though, perhaps intentionally kept quiet or really kept himself to himself?

It's Not photoshoped.  look my dog is there when the photo was taken

received_3122307504664834.jpeg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Each to their own young fella - been there done that  😉  and then suddenly I got old and wised up 😇

Happens after endless trips to the doctor.55555

• Haha 3

Upon my arrival into the "Sandbox" on Oct 1st, I too was pleasantly surprised at the smooth way in which my 14 days were to begin. Of course another surprise was that the sandbox was reduced to 7 days from Oct 1st.

The entire process from COE to my jumping on the flight on day 8 which was a bit more expensive with the covid insurance, but other than that the processing in the airport was quite stress free and organized nicely. My compliments to the Health staff.

Also the SHA+ Hotel staff was very nice, and when I asked for the 7 day refund they had NO PROBLEM with the refund which was issued upon my check out. Latter the hotel coordinated the refund for Covid test 3 which was no longer needed.

The Sandbox program was SO MUCH better than the two week quarantine that I succumbed to last year (never again will I do THAT!).

My only complaint is that the premise of the "Island is vaccinated sandbox" so why isn't the nightlife opened up?

Although I am not a Movie star, my treatment was like a VIP, and Thank you Thailand!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The Greatest Beer Run sounds like a movie I can relate too. About time a good movie came out and even better that its about Thailand and South East Asia. Russel Crowe always makes good films and hopefully I can watch on the way to Thailand for my next holiday.

• Like 2

Well Crowe is here ,it must be ok to travel ! The TAT probably has a direct line to his business mgr 

Edited by riclag

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I feel the need to point that out because you are clearly a moron.

Says the bloke who has to pay for companionship from hookers. 🤣

I might be a moron, but it sure beats being a loser.

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Upon my arrival into the "Sandbox" on Oct 1st, I too was pleasantly surprised at the smooth way in which my 14 days were to begin. Of course another surprise was that the sandbox was reduced to 7 days from Oct 1st.

The entire process from COE to my jumping on the flight on day 8 which was a bit more expensive with the covid insurance, but other than that the processing in the airport was quite stress free and organized nicely. My compliments to the Health staff.

Also the SHA+ Hotel staff was very nice, and when I asked for the 7 day refund they had NO PROBLEM with the refund which was issued upon my check out. Latter the hotel coordinated the refund for Covid test 3 which was no longer needed.

The Sandbox program was SO MUCH better than the two week quarantine that I succumbed to last year (never again will I do THAT!).

My only complaint is that the premise of the "Island is vaccinated sandbox" so why isn't the nightlife opened up?

Although I am not a Movie star, my treatment was like a VIP, and Thank you Thailand!

Nice to hear some feedback from people who have actually experienced it, like you and big Russ, first hand and not someone who has just imagined from the basement of their parents house in cold Wales or wherever.

14 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

Total BS again do you honestly believe he was subjected to any of the Shatbox hoops and hurdles. If he was there it would have been a totally different experience to any tourist. Total BS ....😡

13 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

probably scared of being exposed to the numerous covid cases...

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

got me there. Sorry, I didn't know that your body count was so high! I should show you the respect

Well it could be a hell of a lot higher, but I am very fussy.

But the main point is, if say on average I made love with each one 10 times (a low estimate) then you times that by the 300 (also a lower than the actual figure) you can work out that I have an extra 4.5 million baht in my pocket than if I had gone with your method. 

I am pretty sure big Russ doesn't need to pay either. He is a renowned pants man, he nicked Meg Ryan from her husband etc.

Some blokes have it, some don't. 

14 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Some blokes have it, some don't.

Since you've been dumped over 300 times, by your own count, you clearly don't.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Since you've been dumped over 300 times, by your own count, you clearly don't.

My father who brought me to Thailand back in 1978 always advised me to "hump em and dump em".

It was easier in Australia as the girls there are not as romantic and sensitive. Just start an argument and leave.

I did struggle in the early years before I was able to master the dump part with the more sensitive Thai women. But have discovered the secret I will now share with you. 

Don't shower or shave. And chew with your mouth open. And fart a lot.

It works a treat.

Edited by RobMuir
  • Haha 1