News Forum - Thai woman charged with trafficking women to Bahrain for sex

Thaiger

A Thai woman was arrested today and charged with human trafficking for her part in tricking unwitting women into going to Bahrain under false pretences before being forced into prostitution. The woman is accused of helping to funnel dozens of young women to Bahrain and another unnamed country over the last year or two. Police officers working with the Crime Suppression Division took the 55 year old woman into custody in Samut Prakan province neighbouring the capital and part of the Bangkok Metropolitan Region. She was arrested in the Na Kluea subdistrict of  Phra Samut Chedi district Samut Prakan. A […]

The story Thai woman charged with trafficking women to Bahrain for sex as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Such an awful crime - how one human being can do this to another knowingly sending them to a life of hell and then sleep at night is beyond belief !

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Such an awful crime - how one human being can do this to another knowingly sending them to a life of hell and then sleep at night is beyond belief !

I agree. These people are not human in the normal sense of the word. The same woman probably attended the temple on a regular basis to pay merit. Punishment for these types of crimes are nowhere near hard enough. May she rot in hell. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A Thai woman was arrested today and charged with human trafficking for her part in tricking unwitting women into going to Bahrain under false pretences before being forced into prostitution. The woman is accused of helping to funnel dozens of young women to Bahrain and another unnamed country over the last year or two. Police officers working with the Crime Suppression Division took the 55 year old woman into custody in Samut Prakan province neighbouring the capital and part of the Bangkok Metropolitan Region. She was arrested in the Na Kluea subdistrict of  Phra Samut Chedi district Samut Prakan. A […]

The story Thai woman charged with trafficking women to Bahrain for sex as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thai trick Thai...common

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Thai trick Thai...common

But with Facebook and the like Thais love I find it surprising that Thai ladies would honestly believe that if they were offered work in Bahrain in a massage parlour that they would really think that is all what would be expected of them. More so if they had no previous legitimate massage training to qualify them. Perhaps they knew perfectly well what they were going for but were not prepared for the amount of demands and retention payments to pay for the so called "travel costs" of the traffickers which we hear about these days which is the main issue.

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

But with Facebook and the like Thais love I find it surprising that Thai ladies would honestly believe that if they were offered work in Bahrain in a massage parlour that they would really think that is all what would be expected of them. More so if they had no previous legitimate massage training to qualify them. Perhaps they knew perfectly well what they were going for but were not prepared for the amount of demands and retention payments to pay for the so called "travel costs" of the traffickers which we hear about these days which is the main issue.

Perhaps thai women are naive to take FB jobs offers to be legit. To be honest, thai women may have a bad rep with sex trade (though many of thai ladies are conservative and working normal jobs) due to the country being notorious for sexual entertainment. Hence, they are preyed.  

• Like 1

Thais don't seem to seize all assets deemed to be proceeds of criminal activity. 

Take away the incentive (baht) plus increase the jail time to life and it may help, particularly knowing that their family will not be living in that nice big house and driving nice cars.

If what is reported is true they should sentence her & her accomplaces to death as despite this happening in numerous countries its people like this that don't deserve a life!!!! 

13 minutes ago, Paulw said:

If what is reported is true they should sentence her & her accomplaces to death as despite this happening in numerous countries its people like this that don't deserve a life!!!! 

Should they be put to death quickly or should they be given a slow torturous death ?

My experience of the bars of Bahrain, which is extensive.. 😆😆😆, is that people go willingly. 

Can't say for massage parlour though, so it's possible they didn't know what they were getting into, but I still doubt it. 

I often think they say the women were duped because it looks better in the news.

• Like 1

Just now, TheDirtyDurian said:

My experience of the bars of Bahrain, which is extensive.. 😆😆😆, is that people go willingly. 

Can't say for massage parlour though, so it's possible they didn't know what they were getting into, but I still doubt it. 

I often think they say the women were duped because it looks better in the news.

Correct it saves face

5 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

And the woman are hardly likely to admit that they went there for prostitution .

They will want to portray themselves as victims, rather than criminals 

6 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Perhaps thai women are naive to take FB jobs offers to be legit. To be honest, thai women may have a bad rep with sex trade (though many of thai ladies are conservative and working normal jobs) due to the country being notorious for sexual entertainment. Hence, they are preyed.  

I agree entirely. 

A side story: A friend of mine who has been married to a very attractive Thai woman for the last 6 years arranged to meet her in Dubai a few years ago and have a holiday together. Her flight from Bangkok arrived an hour before his Amsterdam flight. He told her to stay airside and not clear immigration until he arrived. Even while sitting airside, she was approached twice in the hour by men asking if she needed somewhere to stay or did she need work. When he arrived and they met up, they went to queue for passport control. When she approached the immigration desk alone, the immigration officer even asked her!! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree entirely. 

A side story: A friend of mine who has been married to a very attractive Thai woman for the last 6 years arranged to meet her in Dubai a few years ago and have a holiday together. Her flight from Bangkok arrived an hour before his Amsterdam flight. He told her to stay airside and not clear immigration until he arrived. Even while sitting airside, she was approached twice in the hour by men asking if she needed somewhere to stay or did she need work. When he arrived and they met up, they went to queue for passport control. When she approached the immigration desk alone, the immigration officer even asked her!! 

Arab hospitality at its best. 

My wife would often get hit on by the immigration entering Saudi.

• Like 1