News Forum - Thailand News Today | Arrival quarantine waived for 5 countries, The new Thailand pass | Oct. 15

Thaiger

Thailand has decided it wants to waive arrival quarantine for 5 countries, The much-maligned certificate of entry is on its way out, set to replaced by the Thailand pass, a giant celebration marked the end of the 9 day annual Phuket Vegetarian Festival and Thailand is planning on throwing a massive extravaganza to celebrate the country’s reopening.

The story Thailand News Today | Arrival quarantine waived for 5 countries, The new Thailand pass | Oct. 15 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So in 3 days the number of countries from whom tourists can come to Thailand has dropped from 10 to 5. Let's not forget prior to the PM's announcement Tuesday evening that there were rumours 27 countries were on the list.  Given that there are still 19 days left until 1st November, the date stated as the start of the quarantine free period, then the chances of these remaining five being reduced to just a single country must be quite high . In other words perhaps his statement was not about Thailand realistically opening up at all, rather tricking the markets in to thinking so perhaps. It brings into question as to whether his pals had knowledge of this announcement and have subsequently made millions  on the baht's climb, albeit temporarily. That's my thought's anyway.

Came back on Oct 21st 20. Strictest quarantine timing. Had to take a fit to fly medical exam, get a repatriation flight and the awesome (Ha!) COE! Then at the airport, the check in folks were telling passengers the 72 hours fit to fly was no good. I had done it on a Mon to fly on Weds. No good? What basic math were they counting on? Mind you, most were Thais trying to get home. When it was my turn, the airline guy looked at me and said they were contacting the Thai Embassy to get clarification. My years as a veteran soldier mode kicked in and I explained to him what 72 hours prior meant. A day is exactly 24 hours, so 72 hours is exactly 3 days. 3 days from Monday is Thursday, so the paperwork was good till Thursday. Also reminded him that the timing starts at the country of origin not the destination because of time zone difference. He looked at me, pulled me to the side and politely said, Sir you wait right here. I'll come get you when we sort this out. Standing there, I told myself that somewhere, somehow, someone at the Thai embassy was doing fuzzy math! 

10 hours ago, gummy said:

So in 3 days the number of countries from whom tourists can come to Thailand has dropped from 10 to 5. Let's not forget prior to the PM's announcement Tuesday evening that there were rumours 27 countries were on the list.  Given that there are still 19 days left until 1st November, the date stated as the start of the quarantine free period, then the chances of these remaining five being reduced to just a single country must be quite high . In other words perhaps his statement was not about Thailand realistically opening up at all, rather tricking the markets in to thinking so perhaps. It brings into question as to whether his pals had knowledge of this announcement and have subsequently made millions  on the baht's climb, albeit temporarily. That's my thought's anyway.

There is no credibility in these announcements anyway. 3 days later, it will be back to 10😂

Reopenng "extravaganza", with a budget of "up to 600 million baht" (US$ 18M).

For Bocelli's appearances, he'd expect to pocket around US$ 1 million, Lalisa maybe $200k. In whose pockets will the rest of the money end up?

If you want to boost the tourist industry, here's a novel idea for your budget...

Accelerate the vaccination rate of vaccines with higher effectiveness, and provide more extensive testing, ... for the people of Thailand. It is they who are the workforce for the tourist industry.

Don't burn money on a fire of vanity projects and ineffective vaccines.

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, voyager said:

Reopenng "extravaganza", with a budget of "up to 600 million baht" (US$ 18M).

For Bocelli's appearances, he'd expect to pocket around US$ 1 million, Lalisa maybe $200k. In whose pockets will the rest of the money end up?

If you want to boost the tourist industry, here's a novel idea for your budget...

Accelerate the vaccination rate of vaccines with higher effectiveness, and provide more extensive testing, ... for the people of Thailand. It is they who are the workforce for the tourist industry.

Don't burn money on a fire of vanity projects and ineffective vaccines.

Events cost money to stage and many people are involved. Maybe help alot of out of work people in the tourist-sector will benefit. 

22 hours ago, gummy said:

Yes - let the Chineese tourist back in with ni quarantine - directly from Wuhan…