Cigna health insurance

dj230

Anyone use Cigna health insurance? How was getting claims paid out? 
good or bad experiences? 

Thinking of going with them for my health insurance, first phone call went well and they seem okay with covering everything I am looking for. Price wise they’re not “cheap” or at least they’re around the same as typical Canadian private health insurance but I’m not familiar with prices in Thailand 

Around 5k baht a month, covers 35M baht inpatient and 350k baht outpatient, seems good enough for me. didn’t opt for any special stuff like dental, vision, etc  

10% discount if paid annually, I’m putting it on a new rewards card so I’ll be getting around 10% back if paid monthly anyways

They have direct billing for inpatient and have a plan that will extend worldwide incase I have to travel I can skip out on travel insurance costs which is nice (ie. travel insurance for COE they said they would cover, although that may be a thing of the past), although only other place I’d travel is back to Canada and with government healthcare there it might be a bit redundant, cost is about 10% extra but may be worth it 

just looking for a company that is going to pay out hassle free without excuses should I have any medical issues, it’s an American company so I feel a bit better 

Edited by dj230
  • Like 2