TAT wants to establish a private digital company - is this yet another rort?

AussieBob

Digital firm to aid TAT (bangkokpost.com)

Quote:  "The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) aims to establish a private digital company in the next six months to support its digital transformation and help in generating 2.4 trillion baht from high-spending travellers by 2023. TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said the authority would be limited to a 40% share of the new company so it would not be considered a state enterprise, which can cause plenty of obstacles."

Wanted to know what they are really going to do with that 500 baht times 20+ million each year?  TAT want to start a 'digital company' that will pay their Executives millions (ex-TAT people maybe?) and it will of course be a total waste of money.  But as we all know in Thailand it is not about making a difference or making a change - it is about making the money. I hope that the Junta realise that this venture will be as productive and efficient as Thai Airways and all other Thai Govt quasi-private companies, and that they will not approve TAT wasting tourist's money on setting up their own retirement fund for TAT senior Execs.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

Quote:  "The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) aims to establish a private digital company in the next six months to support its digital transformation and help in generating 2.4 trillion baht from high-spending travellers by 2023. TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said the authority would be limited to a 40% share of the new company so it would not be considered a state enterprise, which can cause plenty of obstacles."

Wanted to know what they are really going to do with that 500 baht times 20+ million each year?  TAT want to start a 'digital company' that will pay their Executives millions (ex-TAT people maybe?) and it will of course be a total waste of money.  But as we all know in Thailand it is not about making a difference or making a change - it is about making the money. I hope that the Junta realise that this venture will be as productive and efficient as Thai Airways and all other Thai Govt quasi-private companies, and that they will not approve TAT wasting tourist's money on setting up their own retirement fund for TAT senior Execs.  

16/2/2020 · Thai Army chief promises overhaul of army business involvement and practices. Thailand’s Army commander in chief General Apirat Kongsompong is planning a dramatic make-over to the inner workings of the Thai military’s business operations. 

Maybe a backdoor state enterprise TAT 40%, Junta 60%, through various means,  and super efficient at lining all pockets except those of the Thai people.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, palooka said:

16/2/2020 · Thai Army chief promises overhaul of army business involvement and practices. Thailand’s Army commander in chief General Apirat Kongsompong is planning a dramatic make-over to the inner workings of the Thai military’s business operations. 

Maybe a backdoor state enterprise TAT 40%, Junta 60%, through various means,  and super efficient at lining all pockets except those of the Thai people.

Yep - and that sadly says it all.  They can get away with so much in Thailand, that they could never get away with in western democracies.  Dont get me wrong - they are bent in the west too - but nowhere near as fragrantly open about it or as bent (except maybe the Clintons and Bushs).  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

but nowhere near as fragrantly open about it or as bent (except maybe the Clintons and Bushs).  

Something smell a bit OFF ? .... 🤪  

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, AussieBob said:

But as we all know in Thailand it is not about making a difference or making a change - it is about making the money. I hope that the Junta realise that this venture will be as productive and efficient as Thai Airways and all other Thai Govt quasi-private companies, and that they will not approve TAT wasting tourist's money on setting up their own retirement fund for TAT senior Execs.  

So true...nothing changes.  COVID and the response to it is just another opportunity to exploit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KaptainRob said:

Something smell a bit OFF ? .... 🤪  

😂   I did it again?  What is this?  Take the piiiiz out of Bob day??  I have already been thrown into the deep end (again) and now this.  Bloody spell checker.

Flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant.   

Can I go outside and play with the others now please ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, AussieBob said:

😂   I did it again?  What is this?  Take the piiiiz out of Bob day??  I have already been thrown into the deep end (again) and now this.  Bloody spell checker.

Flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant - flagrant.   

Be quick as judging by some comments on here they play with themselves by preference 😂

23 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I only counted 98,Bob.

Please do this again, this time in pencil.

😂😂

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I only counted 98,Bob.

Please do this again, this time in pencil.

😂😂

Aw crap - now I will never get to play today .........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Aw crap - now I will never get to play today .........

Don't worry Gummy will send one of his models around, to relieve any stress you might be feeling.

,😀😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Faraday said:

Don't worry Gummy will send one of his models around, to relieve any stress you might be feeling.

,😀😀

Don't do that my wife may get upset 😆

4 minutes ago, Faraday said:

,😀😀

I take it that's with the emphasis on 'feeling'?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AussieBob said:

The next bubble 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

I take it that's with the emphasis on 'feeling'?

My wife has clearly been discussing my fetishes with you, that's worrying but then amongst friends its ok 😂