News Forum - Thailand plans huge reopening event with matching price tag

Thaiger

1 minute ago, vlad said:

Someone somewhere must approach the Thai health Ministry offering it Bob, will they still offer it after seeing this ?

How they went about it with Pfizer, I wouldn't have donated anything anymore.

Then again, that wouldn't punish the government but would punish the Thai people which is not what you want.

2 hours ago, TJM said:

If the government thinks that Covid-19 can be managed then why are the kids confined at home?  

System is in place to home school them. It is safer.

2 hours ago, TJM said:

It could be that tourism is considered more important than education or that student’ health is more important… in both cases this headline about the country reopening is at best misleading.

Tourist need to actually come here. Can have " online holidays".

Gotta start somewhere.

400-600 million on 2 grand opening  events: For who,all that money just for the Thai's and a few thousand tourists it's nuts a total waste of money that could be spent on more important things. This is not going to help the economy to recover or help those Thai's restart there business's is it. A hell of a price tag for a P.R stunt.

1 hour ago, Artemis080 said:

Not tone deaf, but completely deaf and blind. People are still starving and you're gonna spend 600 mil on a K-Pop star and an Italian opera singer - in a pandemic.

Re-open we must. But, the absolute nonsense of it aside, they have clearly learned nothing from how we ended up in this place.

This really is going to help with countries donating vaccines

People supposedly dying in the streets bodies piled outside hospitals because of no vaccines folks selling body parts because they are starving

Sub standard vaccines being given because they bought a job lot on ali baba

So 600Million on a bit of opera (ok hes good but too good for Thailand i would imagine) and a barmy Korean singer to celebrate the 50 people searching for whatever piece of paper they need to enter Thailand with only to find bars are shut

EEEJITS i tell you

• Like 1

Well, the ladies bar currently camping in their bars, struggling to eat once a day and not qualified to receive government support must no doubt be impressed and excited by this event organization !! ☹️

• Like 1

Just now, Pi_Tim said:

Well, the ladies bar currently camping in their bars, struggling to eat once a day and not qualified to receive government support must no doubt be impressed and excited by this event organization !! ☹️

The poor souls that the government does not care about.

5 hours ago, RobMuir said:

System is in place to home school them. It is safer.

Tourist need to actually come here. Can have " online holidays".

Gotta start somewhere.

In the day's when we were locked down Rob all the Schools were shut the lucky kids were able to study to a degree online with all up to date I-Pads and laptops. Some that were struggling were given free laptops that were binned but refurbed. I can't see that being offered to the poor Issan kids can you . 

3 minutes ago, vlad said:

In the day's when we were locked down Rob all the Schools were shut the lucky kids were able to study to a degree online with all up to date I-Pads and laptops. Some that were struggling were given free laptops that were binned but refurbed. I can't see that being offered to the poor Issan kids can you . 

Definitely is not the case.

Just now, vlad said:

You mean everybody outside there Military Compound in Bkk.

Well unfortunately the many Elite and others who keep the regime in power are outside the military compound, but you have the principal correct.

4 hours ago, vlad said:

I can't see that being offered to the poor Issan kids can you . 

4 hours ago, gummy said:

Definitely is not the case.

As @gummy says - also not a great deal of use for many on a limited budget  without wi-fi.

My nearest neighbour's grandson has gone from being a five year old who could barely read or write the alphabet to a seven year old who can barely read or write the alphabet.

5 minutes ago, Stonker said:

As @gummy says - also not a great deal of use for many on a limited budget  without wi-fi.

My nearest neighbour's grandson has gone from being a five year old who could barely read or write the alphabet to a seven year old who can barely read or write the alphabet.

Up to what they are taught .

My friends five year old Daughter  could speak in English, Thai and Lisu, could reply in any language without thinking about it 

12 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Up to what they are taught .

My friends five year old Daughter  could speak in English, Thai and Lisu, could reply in any language without thinking about it 

I'm not sure what your point is, as obviously it's "Up to what they are taught" - the point being that without schools some are not taught anything because there's no-one to teach them.

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I'm not sure what your point is, as obviously it's "Up to what they are taught" - the point being that without schools some are not taught anything because there's no-one to teach them.

Parents ? 

Parents can also teach their kids languages and how to speak .  

11 hours ago, Bob20 said:

They're not asking, that's the nature of donations.

But I agree that it's at least disrespectful to then waste big money on unnecessary events and clearly targeting the local population. 

Then again, they've been wasting money all along on Sinovac even when they knew about Delta, unreliable ATK's and dozens more things...

Not to mention submarines, bomb detectors and multiple private jets for lofty people. 

Maybe Bocelli can sing "Time to say goodbye" to thai tourism...

Ive always admired the thais and their love of the opera....lakorn style

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand is planning on throwing a massive extravaganza to celebrate the country’s reopening. The Tourism and Sports Ministry is planning on hosting concerts in Bangkok and Phuket, with a budget of 500-600 million baht. The concerts will feature famed Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli, and Thai K-pop singer Lisa Monaban. Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn says bringing the 2 artists to the country is beyond economic value. “Particularly Lalisa ‘Lisa’ Monaban, the young Thai K-pop singer, who is a huge inspiration for the youth of the country.” He also confirmed that Lalisa Monaban will be singing in Phuket at the […]

The story Thailand plans huge reopening event with matching price tag as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Did Thailand triumph over covid?  It can be an early celebration before more clusters surfaces

3 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

Did Thailand triumph over covid?  It can be an early celebration before more clusters surfaces

No you misunderstood what TAT really meant but too frightened to say,  its to celebrate Covid's victory over the Thai military 😂