News Forum - Bali re-opens, waits for international flights to resume

Thaiger

Bali has re-opened to foreign tourists, but international flights to the former tourist hotspot have yet to resume. The Bangkok Post reports that while the island has re-opened for the first time since March 2020, there are still no international flights scheduled. Bali’s airport has waived landing fees for all carriers between now and the end of the year, in the hope of tempting them back. However, the island’s deputy governor acknowledges it may take around a month before foreign visitors return. Bali, like some parts of Thailand, is desperately reliant on tourism, which accounts for more than half its […]

The story Bali re-opens, waits for international flights to resume as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What will slow down Bali numbers is the need for Nthn Hemisphere tourists to transit, few countries outside Asia fly direct and there are few allowing transit in Asia.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Artemis080 said:

Should have a K-Pop Star and and Italian Opera singer concert ideally. That would do it.

Only if they had the budget the Thais apparently have to pocket

Ive been to Bali a couple of times,  lovely place (incl the girls😜), but there are terrebly aggressive vendors, if any of them have managed to survive, they'll probably eat the first tourists alive. 

Just now, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Ive been to Bali a couple of times,  lovely place (incl the girls😜), but there are terrebly aggressive vendors, if any of them have managed to survive, they'll probably eat the first tourists alive. 

I have also been to Bali twice  but I didn't realise that they were cannibals. Now Papua New Guinea I could understand them eating tourists alive there 😉

4 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

1 minute ago, gummy said:

I have also been to Bali twice  but I didn't realise that they were cannibals. Now Papua New Guinea I could understand them eating tourists alive there 😉

I was there last just prior to Covid and had been there several times before. Even 25 years ago you would find sunglass and baseball cap sellers side by side on the streets. Now add the taxi guys and every 2 seconds (no lie) you get asked if you want something. Most vendors coming from Java to get part of the Bali tourist-pie. So you avoid the main tourist areas... Bali natives are much more reserved and calm.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

Dont trip over the bones laid at the side of the road. 😀

Just now, Bob20 said:

I was there last just prior to Covid and had been there several times before. Even 25 years ago you would find sunglass and baseball cap sellers side by side on the streets. Now add the taxi guys and every 2 seconds (no lie) you get asked if you want something. Most vendors coming from Java to get part of the Bali tourist-pie. So you avoid the main tourist areas... Bali natives are much more reserved and calm.

Even in the worst tourist areas in Thailand, I've never experienced such confrontative vendors as on Bali, trying to stop you physically, grab your arm etc. Well, maybe, if one include pattaya bargirls as "Vendors" 😂 )

4 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Even in the worst tourist areas in Thailand, I've never experienced such confrontative vendors as on Bali, trying to stop you physically, grab your arm etc. Well, maybe, if one include pattaya bargirls as "Vendors" 😂 )

And add the constant noise from honking cars and bikes 😉

If you think Bali is bad for vendors, don't go to Turkey 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And add the constant noise from honking cars and bikes 😉

If you think Bali is bad for vendors, don't go to Turkey 🤣🤣🤣

Turkey is bad, but Mumbay is the worst in terms of honking...

images - 2021-10-15T214042.996.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Turkey is bad, but Mumbay is the worst in terms of honking...

images - 2021-10-15T214042.996.jpeg

Disappointed, no noise when clicking the image 😔 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Apple to Apple comparison, my experience Bali is more rampant in scams/tourist traps outright as compared to Phuket. Travellers beware

• Like 1