News Forum - CoE will be replaced by Thailand Pass, in development

Thaiger

The much-maligned certificate of entry is on its way out, with the digital Thailand Pass set to replace the CoE for most – but not all – people from November 1. The Digital Government Development Agency is working with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to create an online system to replace the CoE process for international flight arrivals. The Thailand Pass would be a replacement for international travellers, both foreign and Thai, who enter the country by air. A spokesperson for the Ministry said that those entering by land or by sea would still require the CoE, and vaguely left […]

The story CoE will be replaced by Thailand Pass, in development as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The CoE has often been maligned as a difficult process that is driving away potential visitors to Thaialnd and hurting programs like the Phuket Sandbox.

I doubt renaming the CoE to Thailand Pass will make any difference.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Sure it will make a difference, they just left off the comma.  Should say:

Thailand, Pass....

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

45 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Yep. All they are now doing is a one legged dance without any music.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Well, renaming the coup leader as Prime Minister seemed to work ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Cool 1

47 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

IATA already has a travel pass, of cause Thailand has to develop something better

Amusingly, Thai airways are part of the trial for it too.

Maybe apps are the new forms. You need many different one on your phone at the same time, some overlapping in utility, some leaking your personal information and others just conflicting with other apps or causing your phone to crash. Then nobody will look at them anyway.

Proof of identity, proof of vaccination, proof of negative PCR test. If you ask me for more than that...forget it. I'll go the Seychelles instead. Thailand is anything but Covid free. Maybe they should let in anyone from countries whose number of active Covid cases is less than Thailand.

• Like 5

This,  in my view, will not make any positive impact.

If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, sounds like a Duck,  then I guess it's a Duck!

They obviously think people can't see this. The COE with its requirements didn't work, neither will this.

What will: 

One negative PCR test 72 hours before departure. 

Fully vaccinated tourists only.

One  inexpensive negative lateral flow test on arrival (if you really must).

Visa on arrival. 

That's it, nothing else!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep. All they are now doing is a one legged dance without any music.

I saw a ladyboy on Line doing the 3 legged dance--but the police have found "her"in Tak...20 baht fine

Rumor has it the new COE is out!  its called EOC......Entry Official Certificate......You pay now.....(no refunds)

10 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, sounds like a Duck,  then I guess it's a Duck!

speaking of ladyboys......careful out there Gents!

13 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

IATA already has a travel pass, of cause Thailand has to develop something better

*the useless concept of Face drags on*

I still think these guys know exactly what they are doing. The very last thing they want right now is 1,000,000 tourists a month to arrive. It is deliberately being eased off slowly in order to do three things:

1.  Make local people believe there is light at the end of the tunnel. I never ceased to be amazed how many Thais send me texts and links to news articles saying “good news”, “see you in Thailand soon”. They actually believe it. 

2.  Make foreign investors think they have a plan which they are pushing ahead with and we’ll ahead of regional completion such as Vietnam. Again, these people say in front of their trading desks in London Hong Kong and New York believe all this stuff. 

3. Buy a few more months to get vaccination levels much higher  

The last thing the Thai government want or need is mass tourism to return just yet. If they did, why limit the changes to 5 countries. Why not Spain and France and Norway and Sweden and Canada etc etc. These people are no fools. They are just evil and cynical.  

• Like 4

The COE isn't going away... it's simply being re-packaged to meet the requirements for the coming global digital control grid. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The COE isn't going away... it's simply being re-packaged for the coming global digital control grid. 

What is the global digital control grid? I’ve never heard of it! Is it something to do with electrical power management? 

16 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What is the global digital control grid? I’ve never heard of it! Is it something to do with electrical power management? 

Read Klaus Schwab's book... this will get you started. And if you don't see problems with what is being implemented here... then you are blind to the loss of our freedoms. Collectivism at the expense of your own bodily autonomy and freedoms is no solution.

https://archive.org/download/covid-19_-the-great-reset-klaus-schwab/covid-19_-the-great-reset-klaus-schwab.pdf

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Soidog said:

If your interested in digging deeper look into the U.N. Earth Summit Agenda 21 plan and Operation Lockstep A Rockefeller Document From 2010. These were the bases for The Great Reset for humanity. Again, if you're not disturbed, then I have nothing further to tell you. Just go along believing whatever you want to believe...

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

12 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

And if you don't see problems with what is being implemented here... then you are blind to the loss of our freedoms. Collectivism at the expense of your own bodily autonomy and freedoms is no solution.

Thanks for the link. However, I will try to keep a more open mind in what I learn from it than you seem to prefer? I’ll take a look over the coming days and report back. Thanks again 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Thanks for the link. However, I will try to keep a more open mind in what I learn from it than you seem to prefer? I’ll take a look over the coming days and report back. Thanks again 

Do it piecemeal with lots of fresh air and reality between reads.

"in development" 
"1 Nov"
So they are going to "develop" and test this in less than 2 weeks ? Including figuring out how to keep the information secure, which is debatable (whether or not they will even think about that).

I smell a giant clusterfu** coming - somewhere right around 1 Nov. The gov't hasn't had a lot of success with making apps or databases in recent years, or with keeping sensitive information safe.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

The COE isn't going away... it's simply being re-packaged to meet the requirements for the coming global digital control grid. 

Another insane conspiracy theory being pushed......none of which stand up to scrutiny especially as they mostly involve virtually the whole world agreeing on something when that has never happened in history...even for simple things (non territorial, religious or cultural) like feeding the hungry and global warming. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, kerryd said:

I smell a giant clusterfu** coming - somewhere right around 1 Nov. The gov't hasn't had a lot of success with making apps or databases in recent years, or with keeping sensitive information safe.

Says it all, Kerry!