News Forum - PM declares Thailand ready to re-open

Thaiger

The PM has declared that Thailand is ready to re-open, as he called on the government, businesses, and the wider public to cooperate with re-opening preparations. The Bangkok Post reports that the PM was speaking after yesterday’s CCSA meeting, in which officials confirmed the country will re-open to vaccinated tourists from 5 “low risk” countries from November 1. The PM also confirmed that further restrictions will be eased from December 1, but that disease prevention measures will remain in place to inspire confidence in visiting tourists. “We will spend the remaining time in October and November considering the re-opening of […]

The story PM declares Thailand ready to re-open as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

re-open,

Fireworks and Andrea Bocelli. And all they've done is changeing the name of CoE to Thailand Pass. 😂

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

If they are not opening all Provinces how are they going to Police it?

Are farlungs who live in Thailand going to get into S..T if they travel into unopened Provinces? This I think will cause problems for farlungs as Thais go by the book and they are flying by the seat of their pants with their half baked regulations at the best of times. 

• Like 3

I wonder what the criteria is for choosing those 5 countries ($$$$$).  I live in Canada and our rate of full vaccination is 73% which is is higher the the US, UK and Germany.   The rate is even higher if you exclude those not currently eligible for the vaccine.  Hopefully, the Thai Government will be enlightened enough to realize that a fully vaccinated tourist is the same regardless of what country they are coming from.  Would love to see my son again in Bangkok but alas.....

• Like 1

So yet again they flip flop on entry, now it's only 5 countries instead of the 10 spoken about 2 days ago, anyone know about the new web page that you have to download all your papers too yet (the replacement of COE) ?

TIT.

• Haha 1

While other countries offer incentives to attract tourists, Thailand has taken the opposite approach and offers restrictions. Solid plan, you guys.... cheers!! (oh no wait, we'll be jailed if we drink)

Edited by Robert2020
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, reklawtc said:

I wonder what the criteria is for choosing those 5 countries ($$$$$).  I live in Canada and our rate of full vaccination is 73% which is is higher the the US, UK and Germany.   The rate is even higher if you exclude those not currently eligible for the vaccine.  Hopefully, the Thai Government will be enlightened enough to realize that a fully vaccinated tourist is the same regardless of what country they are coming from.  Would love to see my son again in Bangkok but alas.....

Makes you think, how many visitors and how much they spent from these countries before covid must have come into deciding which 5 countries are allowed to come!

Just now, Malc-Thai said:

Makes you think, how many visitors and how much they spent from these countries before covid must have come into deciding which 5 countries are allowed to come!

And still Germany, which has Thailand red-listed...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

with 68% of the population not fully vaccinated,l shudder to think of another surge in infections,desperate decisions based on the dollar but PM cp insist it has to open

Lmfao! Open for business 555. A ridiculous list of countries, a continuing curfew, no nighttime entertainment or bars, continuing limitations on places to be visited. This man is beyond delusional if he thinks that more than a handful of Amercans and Germans will fly half way round the world wearing a mask, being tested & tested, restricted to where they can travel and enjoy their visit. Mexico, Maldives, Spain, Greece, Italy are all far more attractive propositions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

The PM has declared that Thailand is ready to re-open

I see the articel was written by 'Maya Taylor, A seasoned writer, with a degree in Creative Writing'

Now absolutely no disrespect to the author, but it seems someone with a degree in 'creative writing' could be someone our illustrious leader could be looking for.

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

And still Germany, which has Thailand red-listed...

... and China, which doesn't permit tour groups to leave yet, and limits individual tourists.

As I've said ad nauseam, the only way this won't be a disaster is if it's a failure ...

1 hour ago, Pompies said:

Mexico, Maldives, Spain, Greece, Italy are all far more attractive propositions.

Add Portugal ... the most vaccinated country in the world, with minimal Covid hospitalisations and deaths ...

... all achieved by a Rear Admiral with more sea hours than any serving officer in the Portugese Navy, leading a mixed military team without a politician or medical expert to be seen.

Prayut and Anutin (and Boris and Hammond) could learn something.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pompies said:

Lmfao! Open for business 555. A ridiculous list of countries, a continuing curfew, no nighttime entertainment or bars, continuing limitations on places to be visited. This man is beyond delusional if he thinks that more than a handful of Amercans and Germans will fly half way round the world wearing a mask, being tested & tested, restricted to where they can travel and enjoy their visit. Mexico, Maldives, Spain, Greece, Italy are all far more attractive propositions.

You'll be visiting them then? Have an amazing time, I'm sure you will. Send a report.

Thailand is NOT opened because all schools are still closed!  This is a clue of what really is going on here.  It seems tourist’s money is more important than education.   No, I am not a teacher, I’m only concerned about my daughter’s well being.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, TJM said:

Thailand is NOT opened because all schools are still closed!  This is a clue of what really is going on here.  It seems tourist’s money is more important than education.   No, I am not a teacher, I’m only concerned about my daughter’s well being.

Schools open November 1 also.

13 minutes ago, palooka said:

Schools open November 1 also.

It appears that that date is not confirmed 100% yet, certainly according to the local teachers in my area

The only thing he is good at is opening his mouth and flapping his trap with nonsense. Let the covid deaths be on his and the councils heads.

So what about (transit) with the big carriers to Thailand like Emirates, Qatar, etc etc etc. Will it be allowed or is this just a plan to Re-float Thai Airways.

56 minutes ago, gummy said:

It appears that that date is not confirmed 100% yet, certainly according to the local teachers in my area

My wife is a teacher and the big wigs visited last week to give approval of protocols for reopening on the 1st.

All students will have to enter through a specified gate and then to a newly constructed room where they will be temp tested etc. 

I know Thailand---- everything can change in 2 weeks, like kids playing with the light switch, on off on off.