Jan. 6 committee will move to hold former Trump aide Bannon in criminal contempt for not complying with subpoena

PBS

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

So John in the year 2021 or 2020 when the majority of these heinous Antifa and BLM crimes were committed when nearly everybody has a TV a smartphone with a camera and a laptop or tablet with an ability to livestream even though the Left leaning MSM labeled the above mentioned action were MOSTLY PEACEFUL PROTEST its obvious to millions of People around the World of the serious nature of these riots

It certainly was to me probably because of the extensive training in Public Order and restraint and  arrest technique's that I was trained in during my previous life as well as conducting Public Order Operations in to my recollection 3 different theaters of operations.

Now many of this individual Antifa BLM rioters were restrained and arrested by Law Enforcement at the time of there crimes and during Bill Barrs time as Attorney General charged where the evidence was clear however because of The Black Block Tactics of groups like Antifa dress the the same cover faces do not carry any means of identification refuse to give their personal details and In some cases disguise themselves as members of the press it is not always possible to identify an individual beyond reasonably doubt.

My point is a number of the above mentioned individuals were still either incarceration or under investigation in 20/01/2021 during the change in Administration these are the individuals that the current AG Merrick Garland and his DOJ released without charge or further investigation not the first time the Biden DOJ has released serious criminals without charge I may add.

What part of "There is no Antifa group", do you not understand? 

Did you also not bother to read the WSJ link that I sent you which not only exposed your lie, but showed that Barr's DOJ also dropped cases involving arrests in Portland?

Arrest does not equal a crime has been committed. Were you not aware of that? I don't doubt that if and when Bannon is arrested, you will tell us that he is innocent until proven guilty.

• Like 2

A number of posts and their replies have been removed. This topic is:

Jan 6 committee will move to hold former Trump aide Bannon in criminal contempt for not complying with subpoena

Spirited debate is always welcome, but please refrain from making personal comments directed at other members. Additionally,  while a degree of tangential discussion is expected, please keep the topic of the thread in mind when posting.

Thanks,

• Thanks 1

I  think The Democrats need to be very careful giving Steve Bannon a platform to speak to the American public after watching the masterclass  The Republican Congressman gave yesterday at The House hearing with Merrick Garland.

They surgically shredded to Democrats and the bias DOJ under Garland's watch. 

The Democrats ended up with more egg on their faces with a couple of major disclosures to the American public that they didn't want out of the bag .

Now Steve Bannon is a very articulate Man if I was advising him I'd tell him give a 3 hour opening statement  and let The American public know the truth about Jan 6th and all the facts that he knows and have been subdued from The American public by Pelosi and The MSM.

But I have a feeling that the Democrats will change House rules and presidense at the last minute to limit his speaking time. 

(Similar to what they did yesterday with denying Republican video evidence).

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 1

The dems and their propaganda machine main stream media, together with their hand picked sycophants are using this to advance their sick political aspirations! 2022 will be their downfall!

Many Americans are fed up with  this grandstanding  and trying to get Trump! The impeachment failed!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I  think The Democrats need to be very careful giving Steve Bannon a platform to speak to the American public after watching the masterclass  The Republican Congressman gave yesterday at The House hearing with Merrick Garland.

They surgically shredded to Democrats and the bias DOJ under Garland's watch. 

The Democrats ended up with more egg on their faces with a couple of major disclosures to the American public that they didn't want out of the bag .

Now Steve Bannon is a very articulate Man if I was advising him I'd tell him give a 3 hour opening statement  and let The American public know the truth about Jan 6th and all the facts that he knows and have been subdued from The American public by Pelosi and The MSM.

But I have a feeling that the Democrats will change House rules and presidense at the last minute to limit his speaking time. 

(Similar to what they did yesterday with denying Republican video evidence).

Surrogate Bannon 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riclag said:

Many Americans are fed up with  this grandstanding  and trying to get Trump! The impeachment failed!

Good point Buddy two failed impeachments the first  one was trying to tie Trump to the same quid pro quo that Biden was on video admitting to when he was VP.

Everytime The Democrats try they fail even this Committee has Jamie Raskin sitting on it the same Man caught red handed fabricating evidence on the last impeachment he should have been impeached himself after fabricating evidence. 

But the good news is it will be fun watching them fall flat on their faces again I just wish more Americans would wakeup to there underhanded tactics. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, riclag said:

The dems and their propaganda machine main stream media, together with their hand picked sycophants are using this to advance their sick political aspirations! 2022 will be their downfall!

Just as a reminder in 11/20 trump was a three time loser, the worst outcome for an incumbent since 1933 . No amount of ranting , together with the daily repetitions of the Big Lie will cover up this basic fact,. Mid terms are often a negative experience for the incumbent.

The majority of Americans are sick and tired of the GOP and trump, so long as the Dems and Independents can get their act back together and the GOP are unable to totally corrupt the 2024 election by way of disenfranchising voters - which would of course led to the USA down the path of a nativist  authoritarian government, don't hold your breath for 2024. trump is facing numerous Court battles, so bit of an open question whether he will be still around,

We all know why the Impeachments didn't get over the line, it wasn't due to fair  process, it was due to ethically bankrupt GOP breaching their Oath of Office. Well overdue for Constitution to be amended to address such corrupt behaviour in the future.

We learnt of trump's efforts to undermine Rule of Law and Democracy during his Presidency and is still under threat from trump, his enablers and supporters. It is very sad to observe forces of darkness again gleefully at play by so many.

Edited by PBS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Another side show to distract the masses from the real issues of runaway inflation, porous borders and internal corruption.  A total waste of time, funds and effort.

• Like 3

Members are reminded that civil debate is a requirement of this forum and threads may be discussed providing you stick to the topic, identify between facts and opinion and avoid baiting each other.

The Moderators recognise that politics is an emotional debate at the best of times and is often supported by rhetoric and spin!

However, just be careful in defending your position that you don't overstep the requirements of the Forum or otherwise the effort you put in pushing a case is likely not to be seen on the forum. 

I worry that politics in the US has taken a turn for the worst since Trump became President.

He has polarized the political spectrum. He still cannot admit he lost the election to Biden. Its all smoke and mirrors. Conspiracy theories and outright lies as to why he lost. He was long on rhetoric and short on evidence.

He did more damage to the United States international relationships with friendly countries than any previous President.

Dont get me wrong guys. He didnt get everything wrong. He stood up to China (Obama should have done that in his first term IMHO) and telling other NATO members to start pulling their weight was also perfectly fine.

But the division in America he has sown is frankly dangerous. Its his nature. You either support him or you are the enemy. His supporters are displaying the same attitude. 

If this continues then America is going to do to itself what China, Russia, Japan, Germany, ISIS, Al Qaeda and any other foreign enemy has failed to do and that is to destroy America. The worst thing is you are all doing it to yourselves.

Now it applies to BOTH sides. Dial back the hate, the rhetoric, the slogans and othering of the opposite side.

Your declaration of independence starts with the words "We the people" it dont start with "We the Republican Trump supporters" or "We the Democrats".

Although if I'm honest I think the declaration of Arbroath got it far better with "As long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself".

Still it was a good effort though. 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

I worry that politics in the US has taken a turn for the worst since Trump became President.

I read your whole post Rookiescot Bud and like I said in a previous post me and you can look into American politics with a more open mind than your average American.

Now one of the major differences between your Country Scotland and my Country Wales and the US is not just the size of the place but Scotland and Wales are mostly occupied by the harmonious People who have lived there for 1000's of years apart from a few immigrants. 

The US on the other hand is a melting pot of every nationality under to sun so with so many different cultures religions colours ethnic groups it's never an easy place to come together Bud.

The American dream and American nationality was the only thing that the population have in common.

I think between the 70's and 2008 when Obama was elected the place was pretty stable.

After the great divider in chief Obama came in that's when things started to slide his version of identity politics was the cause of much of today's division.

The US Constitution declares one people under God but Obama put everyone into boxes black white Hispanic alphabet people and that's when the drama started.

Love him of hate him Trumps first words were America First and as you've said in your post he did a lot off good things making NATO pay 2% standing up to Russia and China defeating ISIS trying to get North Korea to enter the world and a 60 year strong economy.

The way I look at this being an outsider is if I were American would my life be better under the Democrats or Republicans? 

The more I analyse it the more I come up to the conclusion its Republicans hands down I'd have more beer tokens in my pocket my taxes wouldn't be supporting the rest of the World cheaper goods and safer streets. 

There's some lovely People in the US but there's also some very naive one's the voted to make their life's less prosperous less safe and less of a future.

All I can say is aren't we lucky Jeremy Corbyn never got in power as he'd be our Biden. 

Edited by 23RD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, PBS said:

trump did not compel NATO countries to invest 2% of GDP spending, the target was agreed during Obama's administration to be reached by 2024. trump made a unilateral intervention to accelerate the timeline which has largely been unsuccessful.

https://www.forces.net/news/world/nato-which-countries-pay-their-share-defence

The Obama administration set the strategy for the defeat of ISIS which was successfully under way when trump became President.

Obama never enforced the 2% of GDP NATO commitment during his terms Trump had much more success in doing so when Obama was in power only 5 Countries paid their due.

As to the defeat of the ISIS Caliphate it was at its height of power under Obama probably due to Obama's reluctance to deal with Radical Islam  < deleted conjecture>

In summary Obama said many things during his 2 x terms put actioned little. 

Apologies to the mods for going slightly of topic but OP PBS asked a question and out of courtesy I've provided an answer to the above mentioned OP's question. 

And as a footnote I must say after 3 x Operational tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and training exercises in Jordan and Kuwait I've never seen the Middle East so peaceful as it was towards the end of President Trump's term.

Edited by KaptainRob
Enough off-topic wanderings or posts will be deleted
  • Thanks 1

Several posts that have nothing to do with the subject of the thread have been removed and the reason is below:

tiquette – How to be “nice”!

We would like you to be civil, polite, and respectful in your interactions with other members. These guidelines can help you be a good member!

1. We encourage and love debate but be courteous even when disagreement may be vigorous!

• Like 1