Jan. 6 committee will move to hold former Trump aide Bannon in criminal contempt for not complying with subpoena

PBS

I just don't get the hysteria over the boisterous Jan 6th protest at the Capitol. It was an entirely justified and  light hearted spontaneous protest, and the only deaths were unarmed protestors being shot by trigger happy authorities.

This came after years of the left burning, looting and mindlessly destroying property across the nation to show they are triggered by the hugely successful Make America Great Again campaign. Worse still, protests elsewhere were explicitly supported and encouraged prior to January 6th by leftist icons like Kamala Harris no less.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-blm-protests-louisville

The attempt to portray Jan 6th as unacceptable after the incomparably worse sustained violence from the left is beyond comprehension. I am wondering if the left would find it healing and unifying if they were forced to take the knee and chant "Say her name. Ashli Babbitt!"?? Worth a try IMO

Edited by BigHewer
Unrelated link removed; misleading reference edited
  • Like 5

Differing opinions are welcome, but please note the following as per the forum guidelines.

1. 5. Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.
  2. Misinformation and in particular disinformation, will not be tolerated. Please ensure the links you post are relevant to your statements.
  3. Thanks,
  4. Moderator

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

I just don't get the hysteria over the boisterous Jan 6th protest at the Capitol. It was an entirely justified and  light hearted spontaneous protest, and the only deaths were unarmed protestors being shot by trigger happy authorities.

US Courts have already convicted and sentenced a number of Jan 6 Capitol rioters and insurrectionists, many more to go as Congress, FBI and other security agencies complete their investigation. Only in Trump world are they viewed as "entirely justified and  light hearted spontaneous protest". The person shot occurred after she ignored security orders not to enter a protected area, House of Representatives. The Officer who fired the shot was found to be acting appropriately, in accordance with security policy.

Jan 6 attackers were attempting to reverse lawful election results at the behest of Trump, even going so far to threaten to hang Pence for not implementing orange Trump's unconstitutional direct orders. If domestic politics doesn't interfere, Trump and his enablers will also be facing the Courts for their efforts to overthrow a lawful election process. There is no comparison whatsoever to the level of threat to the Constitution, thereby the US government in comparison to  street violence by leftists and right wing elements in the preceding months.

10 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The attempt to portray Jan 6th as unacceptable after the incomparably worse sustained violence from the left is beyond comprehension. I

In 2019, for example, right-wing extremists perpetrated nearly two-thirds of the terrorist attacks and plots in the United States, and they committed over 90 percent of the attacks and plots between January 1 and May 8, 2020. 

https://www.csis.org/analysis/escalating-terrorism-problem-united-states

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:33 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

This came after years of the left burning, looting and mindlessly destroying property across the nation to show they are triggered by the hugely successful Make America Great Again campaign. Worse still, protests elsewhere were explicitly supported and encouraged prior to January 6th by leftist icons like Kamala Harris no less.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-blm-protests-louisville

The attempt to portray Jan 6th as unacceptable after the incomparably worse sustained violence from the left is beyond comprehension. I am wondering if the left would find it healing and unifying if they were forced to take the knee and chant "Say her name. Ashli Babbitt!"?? Worth a try IMO

Light hearted?

You guys tried to storm the capitol building. You terrified a lot of people. Its unforgivable. You should hang your head in shame. But you wont will you?

Say Black Lives Matter had done the same thing? What would the death toll have been? Would you be describing it as light hearted?

I suppose in your opinion the rape of Nanking was a "bit of a laugh".

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Say Black Lives Matter had done the same thing? What would the death toll have been?

Zero because Merrick Garland's DOJ dropped all the charges that were pending against BLM & Antifa for a summer or rioting that left 30 people dead and over a Billion dollars of damage to primary Minority owned businesses.

<OFF TOPIC content deleted>

Edited by KaptainRob
Off topic comment deleted by request of OP
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Zero because Merrick Garland's DOJ dropped all the charges that were pending against BLM & Antifa for a summer or rioting that left 30 people dead and over a Billion dollars of damage to primary Minority owned businesses.

I  don't know about Merrick Garland's impartiality you'd be be better off with John Merrick running the DOJ.

But after next month were back into election years for the midterms and The Democrats will be looking for a new George Floyd to start their election cycle race wars talking of which if Derek Chuevin got 22 years for George Floyd how come Lt Michael Byrd got away for Ashli Babbits execution???

Equal justice under the Law (only for Democrats).

You are delusional. If that had been hundreds of black people trying to storm the capitol building the death toll would have been in the hundreds. 

And YOU know it.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You are delusional. If that had been hundreds of black people trying to storm the capitol building the death toll would have been in the hundreds. 

And YOU know it.

Spot on there given the prejudice that exist in the US . Cops shooting blacks is common place unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

And YOU know it.

No I'm not the one that's delusional Blacks in the US have a special privilege right now unfortunately for many young Black males in the US (as well as the UK and most other places) the biggest threat to the life off a young Black male is another Black male. You might want to check law enforcement and FBI statistics prior to making that sort of statement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, gummy said:

Spot on there given the prejudice that exist in the US . Cops shooting blacks is common place unfortunately.

Not often I disagree with you gummy bud but law enforcement and FBI statistics would show that's un true.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Not often I disagree with you gummy bud but law enforcement and FBI statistics would show that's un true.

Well said on both points

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Light hearted?

You guys tried to storm the capitol building. You terrified a lot of people. Its unforgivable. You should hang your head in shame. But you wont will you?

Say Black Lives Matter had done the same thing? What would the death toll have been? Would you be describing it as light hearted?

I suppose in your opinion the rape of Nanking was a "bit of a laugh".

The left  narrative is  "you guys", inferring everyone, who entered or participated in the capital building! Granted a very small  number of extremist caused trouble !

The left will have you believe that this mostly peaceful protest is far worse then the summer of love riots imop! Recent footage  that was obtained from a judge refusal to give into the demands of federal prosecutors shows conflicting reports!  This left activist reporter describes A breach  . This footage from the buzzfeed reporter shows the police were inviting  some people in . Second cop in line bottom feed. Some breach 555

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/capitol-footage-police-trump-insurrection-mob

Edited by riclag
  • Thanks 1

I find it fascinatingly sad to witness the partisan, sectarian, racist , etc etc devolution of the USA in it's social recognition of the fact that it is and has been a suppressed introvert society based on the dictate of it's glorious "Constitution" which contains no aspect of genuine humanitarian morality but promotes the debate over "legal rights" that are systemically assumed in favour of the advantaged.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, riclag said:

The left  narrative is  "you guys", inferring everyone, who entered or participated in the capital building! Granted a very small  number of extremist caused trouble !

The left will have you believe that this mostly peaceful protest is far worse then the summer of love riots imop! Recent footage  that was obtained from a judge refusal to give into the demands of federal prosecutors shows conflicting reports!  This left activist reporter describes A breach  . This footage from the buzzfeed reporter shows the police were inviting  some people in . Second cop in line bottom feed. Some breach 555

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/zoetillman/capitol-footage-police-trump-insurrection-mob

That an organized mob of people invaded the seat of a government with the intent to disrupt and deny the transfer of  political leadership being performed by the representative of an outgoing party on claims that even well after the event have been established as  invalid is not "peaceful" even if there were those participating were non violent or destructive  because without their presence those that were  murderously intent were enabled by them. The world has witnessed and the damage has been done.

Defending the crass reality is no way going to restore credibility.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, 23RD said:

No I'm not the one that's delusional Blacks in the US have a special privilege right now unfortunately for many young Black males in the US (as well as the UK and most other places) the biggest threat to the life off a young Black male is another Black male. You might want to check law enforcement and FBI statistics prior to making that sort of statement.

I'm the OP. Kindly cease posting deflection / off topic content; as a reminder the OP title is:

Jan. 6 committee will move to hold former Trump aide Bannon in criminal contempt for not complying with subpoena

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, riclag said:

A 'beautiful sight' indeed, Ms Pelosi. I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Do you really believe anything from the Guardian??? Their not exactly a bastion of truth.

Nonsensical. The Guardian article I linked to is a factual news report. No doubt Bannon, trump and Co will carry on raising funds as is their MO to further enrich themselves as well as taking the matter all the way to the Supreme Court in efforts to avoid justice. Hopefully the smug #*^%@ with eventually get their comeuppance. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PBS said:

Nonsensical. The Guardian article I linked to is a factual news report. No doubt Bannon, trump and Co will carry on raising funds as is their MO to further enrich themselves as well as taking the matter all the way to the Supreme Court in efforts to avoid justice. Hopefully the smug #*^%@ with eventually get their comeuppance. 

Back on topic this is the same Jan 6th Committe that refused to let The Republicans put their preferred reps off Jim Jordan and Jim Banks on because Pelosi was scared of getting ripped to shreds? I think this Committee lost all credibility before it started.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, 23RD said:

Back on topic this is the same Jan 6th Committe that refused to let The Republicans put their preferred reps off Jim Jordan and Jim Banks on because Pelosi was scared of getting ripped to shreds? I think this Committee lost all credibility before it started.

More nonsense from trump world. Banks and Jordan were not appointed to the Committee due to unequivocally supporting trump's 'big lie' and critiquing the Jan 6th Committee from the get go - both are examples of morally corrupted politicians in breach of their Oath of Office.

"Both Banks and Jordan were among those who opposed certifying the results of the 2020 presidential election and have criticized the select committee's investigation. Pelosi cited both those factors in her rejection of the two"

Edited by PBS
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, 23RD said:

Do you really believe anything from the Guardian??? Their not exactly a bastion of truth.

Which bastion of truth do you read then?

• Haha 1