News Forum - Thai Airways adding 39 international flight routes on October 31

Thaiger

Beleaguered national airline Thai Airways says they’re resuming full service on 36 foreign routes to destinations in Europe, Asia and Australia, many of which will resume from October 31. The implementation is in step with the Thai government’s commitment to reduce many of the impediments and restrictions to international arrivals from November 1. The decision was announced today by Thai Airways Executive Vice President for Commerce Non Kalinta. The massively expanded and updated schedule will operate as the airline’s winter flight plan, going into effect on October 31 and following the flight schedule until March 26, barring any unforeseen circumstances. […]

The story Thai Airways adding 39 international flight routes on October 31 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Beleaguered national airline Thai Airways says they’re resuming full service on 36 foreign routes to destinations in Europe, Asia and Australia, many of which will resume from October 31. The implementation is in step with the Thai government’s commitment to reduce many of the impediments and restrictions to international arrivals from November 1. The decision was announced today by Thai Airways Executive Vice President for Commerce Non Kalinta. The massively expanded and updated schedule will operate as the airline’s winter flight plan, going into effect on October 31 and following the flight schedule until March 26, barring any unforeseen circumstances. […]

The story Thai Airways adding 39 international flight routes on October 31 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Excellent news.  

What is the point of clamping down to restrict the spread of the Pandemic while economies suffer ie:people suffer. But with  greater freedom to travel the success will be dependent of how responsive both officials and the general populace will be.

Still though...be good to get back to work.

• Like 1

I would like to know if they have paid back all the money they owe to customers for flights they could not use or never occurred before I'd even considered handing over a single baht to this outfit.

Has anybody here had a refund?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cathat said:

I would like to know if they have paid back all the money they owe to customers for flights they could not use or never occurred before I'd even considered handing over a single baht to this outfit.

No, not a satang fell into my grasping clutches.

I didn't expect anything from a bankrupt company though, so I wasnt disappointed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cathat said:

Remind me, what is a refund? Seriously, no we are owed thousands (GBP) despite being chased up regularly and frequently by our Travel Consultant's finance department. Despite spending a whole day in the Thai Airways offices (Chiang Mai) in March last year, they left us stranded by cancelling all their flights from CNX to BKK. Bangkok Airways were brilliant, can't thank them enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cathat said:

Thai Airways reimbursed me for a flight from Tokyo that I booked but didn't use as all the red tape requirements changed. Bear in mind they slugged me royally and had to wait a few months for the refund.

• Like 1

So there are 15 flights to four cities in Japan, but they aren’t allowing Japanese travelers to participate in quarantine-free travel. I know that these flights are for connecting US flights, but the US has 100x the COVID cases that Japan does. Why not allow Japanese travelers, too? It doesn’t make sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

Excellent news.  

What is the point of clamping down to restrict the spread of the Pandemic while economies suffer ie:people suffer. But with  greater freedom to travel the success will be dependent of how responsive both officials and the general populace will be.

Still though...be good to get back to work.

Anyone with any sense will be looking at alternate airlines and give Thai Airways a wide berth. Other international Airlines have suffered immensely but Thai are up to their necks in the murky brown stuff.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Poolie said:

No, not a satang fell into my grasping clutches.

I didn't expect anything from a bankrupt company though, so I wasnt disappointed.

I actually was given a partial refund that took me a while to receive. It may be a condonation (past the valid limit) of refund but if you still have the booking documentation but may be worth a try Poolie. Initially many were refused but as the outcry got louder they did partially refund some travelers.

But then as you said the company isn't in good shape so may not be worth holding your breathe about it.

1 minute ago, Guevara said:

Anyone with any sense will be looking at alternate airlines and give Thai Airways a wide berth. Other international Airlines have suffered immensely but Thai are up to their necks in the murky brown stuff.

Ironically after flying with them for over 35 years (and scoring many a free travel on my trips through frequent flier points) I've opted for ANA without disappointment. Thai were very draconian in my last 2 experiences with them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mickkotlarski said:

Ironically after flying with them for over 35 years (and scoring many a free travel on my trips through frequent flier points) I've opted for ANA without disappointment. Thai were very draconian in my last 2 experiences with them.

They've all turned exceedingly nice. Whereas they'd screw you for a misspelt name before, you're now allowed all sorts of liberties, proving it was always possible but they took you for every penny they could!

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

They've all turned exceedingly nice. Whereas they'd screw you for a misspelt name before, you're now allowed all sorts of liberties, proving it was always possible but they took you for every penny they could!

Bob if its ANA I can't say as I've only used them recently but I have heard similar.

26 minutes ago, Cathat said:

No.  I am still waiting for a refund on the flight they cancelled one day after I booked it.

I am not holding my breath.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Bob if its ANA I can't say as I've only used them recently but I have heard similar.

It's all the major established ones. Now they have to fight for the few customers the sky is literally the limit! But just wait for when they're all busy again... They'll soon forget and turn the screws...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They post outbound flights BKK-Phuket-Europe.
More interesting would be to see Europe-Phuket-BKK, as they still say you have to go in a quarantaine hotel in BKK. Tourists are not interested in that.

1 hour ago, mickkotlarski said:

I actually was given a partial refund that took me a while to receive. It may be a condonation (past the valid limit) of refund but if you still have the booking documentation but may be worth a try Poolie. Initially many were refused but as the outcry got louder they did partially refund some travelers.

But then as you said the company isn't in good shape so may not be worth holding your breathe about it.

Thanks mate but I've just forgotten it.

40 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Thanks mate but I've just forgotten it.

I'm sorry to hear it Poolie. After joining this forum I realize I was one of the few lucky ones.

23 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

I'm sorry to hear it Poolie. After joining this forum I realize I was one of the few lucky ones.

It really wasn't a big deal. Maybe I was lucky too. About 100 quid.

• Like 1

I arrived in Thailand on a return flight with China air : London -Beijing-CM and back 

Two days  before my return Journey,  China air cancelled the CM-Beijing leg of the flight and left the Beijing-London flight accessible , I was unable to get to Beijing and so missed and lost my flight back to London   . 

4 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

ANA blows Thai Airways out of the water

A hostess once woke me up on ANA and I grabbed her boobs by accident(thought it was a pillow 5555)

She just giggled.............I would have been hogtied on United Airlines!   :)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

A hostess once woke me up on ANA and I grabbed her boobs by accident(thought it was a pillow 5555)

Yeah yeah. Come on!  I’ll have to try that one next time. Maybe close my eyes and grab em 😂😂

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I woke up on the red eye from LAX to BKK and found my hands between 2 pillows..she said "those arent pillows" :)

• Haha 1

I just looked into the "new routes" SEA - BKK and they're now selling codeshares on Asiana. Stop in ICN with a 17h10m layover or, roughly what the flight on EVA takes in its entirety. C'mon Taiwan, open up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesE said:

I just looked into the "new routes" SEA - BKK and they're now selling codeshares on Asiana. Stop in ICN with a 17h10m layover or, roughly what the flight on EVA takes in its entirety. C'mon Taiwan, open up.

I always use EVA as Ive had good results on red eyes out of LAX to TPE to BKK....one ways about 500usd

• Like 1