News Forum - WHO approves Siam Bioscience AstraZeneca for emergency use

Thaiger

Today brought good news for Thai vaccines as the World Health Organisation approved the Siam Bioscience AstraZeneca for emergency use. Siam Bioscience, a company wholly owned by a subsidiary of Crown Property Bureau, was licensed last November to produce the AstraZeneca vaccine for domestic use in Thailand and for sale and distribution around Southeast Asia. The director of the WHO’s Regulation and Prequalification Department write a letter to the director of the Supply Division of UNICEF in which the organisation recommended Siam Bioscience as an alternative manufacturing site for the vaccine. The WHO reviewed data of the Thai-produced vaccines and […]

The story WHO approves Siam Bioscience AstraZeneca for emergency use as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well...it's about time!!!! Astra Zeneca is the only company I know of, who has given license to produce it's vaccine to other countries. In my country we have license to produce 50 million doses. I am glad to hear Thailand has achieved the same status!!!! Now get producing and get the people vaccinated!!

35 minutes ago, Jason said:

Well...it's about time!!!! Astra Zeneca is the only company I know of, who has given license to produce it's vaccine to other countries. In my country we have license to produce 50 million doses. I am glad to hear Thailand has achieved the same status!!!! Now get producing and get the people vaccinated!!

I'm bored of constantly repeating it, particularly to the same person.

Most of the big manufacturers have licenced other companies to produce their vaccines.

Pfizer / BioNTech and Moderna have done this for free for the duration of the pandemic, reserving the right to charge for production once they consider the pandemic is over. 

AZ haven't "given" production rights to anyone - they've sold them under licence.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Jason I'm not fully informed but I heard that Korea has invested 2billion$US to attempt to enter the worlds top 5 as a vaccine producer. Even a nation as well structured as the US cannot produce the required volume on its own. But good news about Siam Bioscience getting the green light all the same.

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Today brought good news for Thai vaccines as the World Health Organisation approved the Siam Bioscience AstraZeneca for emergency use. Siam Bioscience, a company wholly owned by a subsidiary of Crown Property Bureau, was licensed last November to produce the AstraZeneca vaccine for domestic use in Thailand and for sale and distribution around Southeast Asia. The director of the WHO’s Regulation and Prequalification Department write a letter to the director of the Supply Division of UNICEF in which the organisation recommended Siam Bioscience as an alternative manufacturing site for the vaccine. The WHO reviewed data of the Thai-produced vaccines and […]

The story WHO approves Siam Bioscience AstraZeneca for emergency use as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

wonderful news, more vaccines for thailand

Well I'm confused. This is the plant that was supposed to be producing back in June?  The one that has been conspicuous because nothing is said about it, or can be said, because of an official news blackout due to, well legal reasons here in Thailand.  

I would make a comment but, my attorney advises me not to.